• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xʟ • •

"Mi.." Venus spoke. Hurt by the words she was saying to her. Coming from someone she thought she was close to.

"Don't call me that. I was never your friend and I never will be." Nami spoke. "Don't you get it? It was all in my plan. I had you eating from the palm of my hand."

"I don't believe you." Venus stood her ground. Shaking her hand as she tried to get her hand out of her hold. Not wanting to use any force and hurt her.

"Oh you will." Nami spoke. Pulling out a knife from the drawer next to her. Letting out a shaky quiet breath. Her hand shaking slightly.

"Mi.. you don't have to do this." Venus spoke as she noticed the knife. She couldn't fight back, it was Nami. Nami, the other girl in the crew she was close to. Like a best friend. Someone she didn't think she could ever befriend. Admired her for her skill and who she was. "You won't."

"What makes you think I won't? All that newly found power running through your veins and yet you stand before me like a damsel in distress. It's pathetic. You're pathetic." Nami replied.

"Because it's not who you are." Venus spoke. "You're Nami. Part of the Straw Hats and you're my best friend. My other half. I will never use my powers to hurt you or the others."

"Well then that's your first mistake." Nami spoke after listening to her. "Trusting people easily that you don't know."

"No." Venus spoke as she shook her head. "I don't trust easily. I only let people in who I come to trust."

"That's stupid." Nami spoke. "I am done playing pirates with a group who will never amount to anything."

"We will." Venus spoke.

"You don't know that. This crew is-."

"Is my family." Venus spoke. "You are my family, Nami."

Nami listened as she almost lowered the knife before quickly stabbing her before she chickened out. Holding Venus close as her free hand held the back of her head. Keeping the knife in. "I will never see you as anything else other than filth."

Venus listened as she felt the stab wound. A small gasp leaving her as she held Nami's forearms. "Na..mi.."

Nami teared up as she listened to her speak her name. Shaking a bit as she composed herself as best as she could before she couldn't. "This will slow you down enough." Moving the knife deeper in.

"You.." Venus spoke before gasping as she felt the knife being moved deeper.

"Not even going to fight back?" Nami asked.

"I will.. not fight.. you." Venus spoke as she moved back a bit.

"Then your death will be mine to claim. Everyone wants to kill the daughter of Clovis Crawford. It had been a long ride to achieve something this big and catching the map for Arlong."

Venus listened to her as she shook her head. "Make sure you kill me... before saying that."

"You're not even fighting back. This will be a piece of cake." Nami shrugged. Remaining composed despite what she was really feeling.

Venus lightly tilted her head as she removed the knife before letting it drop to the floor as she applied pressure to the wound. Glancing back up at Nami.

Nami couldn't stand her alliance with Arlong but she had no choice. Only doing what she had to do to keep them away from her so she could get her end of the deal completed. Grabbing the knife as she pointed it at Venus. "I win. Arlong wins." Setting the knife aside as she walked past. Heading to her room as she was glad Zoro seemed to have fallen back asleep.

Venus glanced at her wound as she noticed the blood soaking through her shirt. Placing her hand on the counter for support as a bloody handprint was left behind.

Nami packed her stuff at the moment as she let a single tear slide down her cheek before wiping it off immediately. She felt like she didn't deserve to cry for what she had done. Packing the map as well as she left the room.

Venus had walked out of the ship as she noticed Arlong and Luffy on the dock leading to the ships. "Luffy.." Venus spoke as she noticed him losing.

Luffy glanced over at the moment. "Venus, stay there." He spoke up. Noticing her wound as he lost his focus for a second and managed to get punched down by Arlong. A small grunt leaving him before he got back up.

"What's so special about you, boy?"

"Why don't you come fight out?" Luffy replied as he furrowed his brows. Yelling as he stretched his arms and punched at the fishman before him.

Arlong took the hits with barely any reaction before kicking Luffy to his knees. Hitting him on the head before flipping him and dropping him harshly onto the wooden planks.

Venus watched as she wanted to help him out. Trying to stay standing for a little longer.

"You can't save him." Nami spoke up behind her. "You can't save anyone." She added.

Venus turned to her as she panted quietly. Feeling Nami grabbing her jaw harshly.

"Just like your family, friends, fiancé, and everyone you have killed. Your hands are just as bloodied as Arlong's" Nami taunted. "It's time you joined your family." Letting go of her jaw before moving back a bit, only to end up kicking Venus of the ship.

Venus gasped as it was a bit of a drop. Her back hitting the wooden docks as she groaned. Staying down as she caught her breath slowly.

Luffy listened as he watched her hit the dock. Getting back up from the floor once again thanks to Arlong. "Venus!" He yelled. "Damn it." He mumbled as he turned back to Arlong before raising his fists.

Arlong was unfazed by him before sending him flying back again. Watching as he hit one of the smaller boats on the dock.

Luffy groaned as he stayed on his back for a bit before getting back on his feet. His normal grin back. "Come on fish guy." He spoke. "Is that all you've got?" Using his stretching as he punched Arlong a few times. Getting him on his knees for a few seconds.

"How about a drink?" Arlong asked.

Luffy was confused by what he was talking about before realizing when sea water was spalshed on him. Being sent back again as Arlong laughed. Groaning as he was weak to the ocean.

Arlong grabbed him before getting ready to bite into his neck.

"Arlong, wait!" Nami spoke up as she had left the ship. "I have it. I have the map. I got it for you just like I said I would."

"Nami.." Venus spoke as she went to stand back up. Coughing up a bit of blood but not caring as she staggered forwards.

"Nami?" Luffy asked confused as he didn't know what she was doing. "What are you doing?"

Nami listened as she grabbed Venus. "I tried to tell you guys. I was never going to be a part of your crew or your friend group. The only reason I joined you was to steal the map from you idiots."

"I don't believe that." Luffy huffed.

"That's only because you believe whatever you want to believe. Doesn't make it true." Nami spoke.

"Sister Nami's a loyal member of the Arlong Pirates. She has been for years." Arlong laughed.

Venus coughed quietly as she wasn't looking to well from the stab and fall she had. Barely able to stand by herself for much longer.

Luffy listened as he noticed Venus' condition before glancing back at Nami. "What have you done?"

Nami stared at him as she couldn't stare at Venus. "Keep yourself away from me. You may have a powerful little girl but look at her. I will do worse if you come near me again."