• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ɪᴠ • •

"You tried to stop liking me because you thought me and Kuina were dating?"

"Pretty much. She was my friend. If she liked you then I wouldn't have hesitated to step back for you both."

"You're an idiot. I admired her and her skills. I wanted to fight her to get better and one day try to surpass her in skill."

"Oh, I apologize for my assumptions." Venus replied.

Zoro sighed after hearing her. "On the contrary.. I used to like you too back then. Which is why you should've told me."

"How was I supposed to know you liked me?" Venus asked as she gave him a small look.

"I thought I was being a bit too obvious. I gave you my food and offered to help you without Kuina around. Sometimes being closer to you than when I ever was with Kuina"

"Really? I didn't know any of this. I guess I really blew my chances back then."

"Why not try now?" Zoro asked as he tried to hide his smirk. "We'll see who gives into the other first. Anything is allowed."

"As if. First of all, you'd lose and second, my feelings aren't a toy you can play with at any given time." Venus spoke.

"Of course not. Neither are mine. If you really think that I will lose then there's no way to know unless we both agree." Zoro spoke seriously. It was his way of admitting he may have been hiding his feelings for her even as they spoke.

Venus noticed as she gave into his game with a slight smirk. "Fine. I agree to play this little game of yours but if you lose then you will have to carry me on your back everywhere. If I lose then you will always be bought drinks by me. Deal?"

"I could use a drink. Deal." Zoro spoke as he did want to have his drinks.

While the two were catching up while they were tied in the yard, Luffy was on a boat him and Koby had. Resting at the moment as he huffed.

"I still need a way to sneak into that marine base. Those two were really good fighters too. I should've asked them to join my crew when I had the chance. That girl did seem familiar to me." Luffy spoke.

"What?!" Koby spoke shocked.

"Yeah, why not? I mean, come on. They were great. I need fighters like them on my side." Luffy spoke.

"Are you crazy? Those two could probably take you out in seconds. Besides.. the marine base is highly secured. There's no way in there." Koby replied.

That was something that Luffy already knew. But he wouldn't stop thinking about it unless he got the chance to ask those two in person. Once he had his mind on something he wouldn't give up on the idea. Grinning to himself as he glanced around. Spotting something that gave him an idea. "And I know what to do to get inside that base."

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

The next morning arrived as the sun rose and shone down on the two tied to the yard. Venus was tired as she huffed. She couldn't sleep well being tied up. Keeping her head down from the sun as she tried to shift around to get free.

"You'll hurt yourself if you continue to do that." Zoro spoke up.

"Got any better ideas?" Venus asked as she continued to squirm before seeing the edge of a blade. Recognizing it as she glanced up.

Helmeppo smirked as he held the white katana to her neck. "Don't move around too much. You and your little buddy won't be making it out."