• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xʟᴠɪ • •

Venus quietly watched the land get closer and closer. Walking over to Usopp and helping out with stopping the ship.

"Is this really the right place?" Usopp asked.

"It should be." Luffy spoke. "Come on." He walked ahead of them first.

Venus was hesitant before following after him and the others.

Zoro staying by her side as he knew he would follow Luffy wherever he went but his main priority was his fiancée. "You doing okay?" He asked.

"I'll be better once we leave this island." Venus spoke. "Have you ever felt conflicted on someone?"

"Depends on who the person is." Zoro spoke.

"I mean, feeling conflicted on someone who did something to you."

"Yes, I have." Zoro spoke.

"Did you ever forgive them?" Venus asked.

"I did." Zoro nodded. "I forgave you."

Venus lightly glanced up at him. Feeling his hand move into hers as she moved her gaze to their hands.

"I forgave you because I would have never forgave myself if I hadn't. You did what you did to keep me safe. If I had never spoken to you in that yard.. we wouldn't be engaged and having this journey. I am more than happy to have you back again." Zoro spoke softly as he placed a kiss on her hand.

A small smile forming on her lips a bit before thanking him slightly. "I just.. there's a part of me that wants me to forgive her but another doesn't and I have to choose something."

Zoro lightly pulled her closer to him. Placing his head on hers. "Choose whatever you feel more comfortable with. If it were me in your shoes I wouldn't forgive her unless she gave me a really good reason why she did what she did."

Venus lightly nodded a bit. "You're right." She spoke as she made sure they kept up with the others. "I just have to make up my mind and get things over with. I think I know what that will be like."

Zoro lightly patted her head with his free hand. "I'll have your back either way." He spoke as he smiled at her.

Venus smiled back at him. "Your smile is adorable." She teased. Watching him get flustered by her comment.

Zoro glanced away a bit as he didn't want the others to see how flustered he got.

"Uhh.. guys?" Luffy spoke as he glanced around the place.

Venus glanced over before glancing around as she noticed the small village they had stumbled upon. Seeing the wreck that it was. Having a small thought fill her mind before ignoring it as she walked with the guys.

Zoro and Sanji walking behind her as Usopp and Luffy were in front as they took in the sight. Vex being behind them all before sneaking away from them for a second.

"Never seen that before." Zoro mumbled as he noticed a house upside down.

"Who could've done this?" Sanji asked.

"Maybe I should head back and make sure the merry is okay." Usopp spoke.

"You can't keep running from your fears forever, Usopp." Venus spoke lightly. Stopping with them in front of the house.

"Arlong did this." Luffy spoke as he wasn't smiling like he usually was. A look of anger crossing his features.

"Hey! Shit-hat! I think we can all agree that Arlong is a bad fish." Buggy spoke up. Making them all turn to the sack his head was in which was being carried by Sanji. "But why don't we quit lollygagging and get my body back."

"Pipe down in there." Sanji spoke up.

"Or what?! You gonna whip me up a soufflé?!" Buggy asked.

"How about you take him for a while?" Sanji asked Usopp.

"Ooh, new guy carries the clown head around." Usopp shook his head.

Venus huffed before hitting the bag. "Shut it or I'll feed you to Arlong myself." She spoke.

"Ow!" Buggy yelled. "What the hell?!"

"Sanji, I can carry the head." Venus spoke as she held her hand out.

"No no no! I'll be quiet!" Buggy spoke up.

Sanji noticed before placing his hand in hers. "Of course not. No lady should have her hands dirtied by this clown." He spoke.

A small smile forming on her lips as she laughed lightly. "Back to being a bit flirty again, huh? Fine. I'll let you take him but if he's noisy again let me know. A small hit to the bag should do the trick."

"I'll make sure to do so." Sanji spoke as he smiled at her.

Venus gave a small smile back before walking back to Luffy and Zoro. Keeping up with their pace. Noticing a crowd of people gathered around a man but not realizing that Vex was missing.

"Everyone, please." The man spoke up. "Please, everyone." Trying to get the crowds attention as the crowd continued to talk amongst themselves. "We don't have much time, and we're short again this month."

A man walked forward before pouring money into the box the guy held.

"Do we have enough time to get more?" A woman in the crowd asked.

"No." A voice spoke up from behind them. "You don't." Nami continued after the crowd split in the middle to show her. Crossing her arms.

Venus noticed as her eyes flickered to the golden color as she took a step forward.

Luffy immediately held her without saying a word. Knowing what she had in mind as if he had read her thoughts. Listening to the situation first. He wanted his best friend to calm herself down.

"It's Nami." A woman whispered as the rest of the crowd caught on to what was happening. Whispering amongst themselves once more.

"You've got a lot of nerve showing your face around here." A female with blue hair spoke to Nami. Spitting on the floor in front of her before walking away from the scene.

Luffy and Zoro watched her leave before turning back to watch what Nami was after.

"Got something for me?" Nami asked the man in front of her.

Mr. Genzo handed over the small chest in his hands to Nami.

Nami grabbed it as she opened it before checking what was inside. "You're short." She spoke before glancing back at him.

Venus broke free from Luffy before raising her hands in defense and quietly muttering she wouldn't do anything.. yet. Moving behind the others to avoid looking the orange-haired female.

Zoro made sure she was well before standing in front of her to block her view. Making sure she couldn't see but still listen to what was going on.

"Nami, please. This is all we have." Mr. Genzo spoke. "Arlong has bled us dry."

It made Venus' blood boil that Nami had chosen to treat her own village like they were nothing.

"Then find more blood." Nami spoke with no care in her tone. She knew she had to make her alliance with Arlong look legit. Watching him walk away as she turned her head before spotting the crew. Not seeing Venus as her thoughts went south. That she had killed the one person who she let herself care about in years. Walking over to them as she kept her act up. Even if it was close to breaking her.