• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xxɪᴠ • •

"You wish to die? Very well then, as you wish." Kuro spoke as he held his hands out. Five blades on each hand.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Luffy had woken up as the blue soup had done mostly nothing to him. Throwing it all up in Helmeppo as he couldn't control it and the blonde was the closest to him.

Koby noticed as he made a small face at the throw up. Helping Luffy by pulling him to the side and patting his back. Letting him get it all out of his system.

Luffy coughed as he threw up. Letting out all the blue soup he had ate. Taking his time until he was done. "Koby.. I've got to go back." Being more awake than he had been a few seconds ago. "The butler.. he's going to kill Kaya and then he's going to go after my crew."

Koby listened as he realized that Usopp was right the whole time. "I'm under direct orders to bring you in." He spoke as he felt sorry he couldn't do more.

Luffy placed a hand on his shoulder. "You said you wanted to help innocent people. Kaya is innocent."

Helmeppo got tired of waiting. "You know what? Screw this." He pulled his gun out and aimed at Luffy from behind.

"Helmeppo, don't." Koby spoke as he got up and walked over to him. "Put the gun down."

"My father always used to tell me that a dead pirate weights the same as a live one." Helmeppo spoke. Keeping his gun on Luffy.

"Garp gave us strict orders." Koby protested.

"No, he only gave you strict orders so step aside." Helmeppo replied as he glanced at him before glancing back at Luffy. "Start walking pirate or die right where you stand."

Luffy glanced at him as his normal grin was no longer there. Replaced by a more serious look as he didn't do as told. Grunting taking over the silence that filled them.

The three of them turning to see what was going on before Helmeppo let out a sigh. Knowing exactly what to expect and who it was.

Zoro stood there as he put his sword away. Having a marine on either side of him down on the floor. Glancing up as he spotted Helmeppo. "Hey haircut."

"Zoro!" Luffy beamed as he smiled. Happy to see him there and just in time.

Zoro walked over as he stopped just in front of Helmeppo. Giving him one quick punch as it was enough to knock him out.

The punch made Koby flinch as he didn't say anything. Not wanting to have the same fate as Helmeppo or the other marines.

Luffy got up immediately and rushed over to Zoro. "How'd you know where to find me?"

"I didn't." Zoro spoke as he glanced down at Helmeppo before glancing at the Straw Hat teen. "I thought I was headed back to the house. Venus is in trouble and I'm not going to wait around for anything bad to happen. I need to find her."

"Then let's get going." Luffy spoke as he walked away from the marines and Koby.

Zoro didn't say anything as he was ready to follow after Luffy with no hesitation. Having some trust in him.

"Hold it right there. By order of the marines I am placing you under arrest." Koby spoke as he was nervous even saying it at all in that moment.

Luffy and Zoro stopped walking as Luffy walked back towards Koby while Zoro stayed where he was. "Koby.. I know you've got a job to do but I'm going to go back and help my friends from Kuro. So don't try to stop me."

Koby listened to Luffy before nodding. Letting the two of them go. He knew that Luffy wasn't like other Pirates and he knew that he would do whatever it took to keep his friends safe.

Luffy put his hat back on before leading the way back to the house once more. Running as he didn't want to be too late.

Zoro ran after him as he focused on what could be going on. Wondering if Venus was safe and sound. He needed answers and he would get them out of the filthy pirate.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Venus landed on her feet after she dodged an attack from Kuro with a backflip.

"Tell me where Kaya is and you might get to live another day." Kuro hissed when his attack missed her..

"Where would the fun in that be? Come on. Don't tell me you're giving up already." Venus taunted.

Kuro growled a bit as he used his speed. Kicking her back and sending her to the floor. "It's a shame to know that the only crawford left was killed by me. I must congratulate you though. Trying to face me is not easy. Your death will make me well known."

"I wouldn't be too sure on that." Venus spoke as she got back up. "Like I said earlier.. I will put one hell of a fight before you kill me. I'm not dead yet. Not even close." She gathered her breath.

"You're very determined to be killed by my hand." Kuro scoffed.

"No. I'm determined to make you suffer. Kaya is a nice girl. She doesn't deserve to have a life you controlled for her. She has her own thoughts and dreams. Something you don't have. You also hurt Zoro and Luffy. I will fight with all my life for them."

"You make me laugh. There's nothing that you can do to-."

Venus cut him off as she managed to punch him. Sending him back down the hall. "You talk too much, you know that? Are you going to sit around and keep talking or will you actually do what you say because you keep talking about killing me.. and yet you haven't."

Kuro was taken by surprise as he stayed on the floor for a second before getting back up. "You will pay for that."

"I'm waiting for your threats to become more than just words." Venus shrugged as she walked over.

Kuro glared at her. "You're pathetic." He insulted her.

"Says the Pirate pretending to be a butler who needs a weapon against someone who doesn't have one."

Kuro waited for her to get closer to him. Seeing the lights wanting to turn on as he figured out where Kaya was. Taking the chance he got before using one of his knives and slashing at her.

Venus winced as she moved back. Glancing at her stomach to see the cut he had made.

"Seems like you have a long way to go before you fight someone like me." Kuro smugly spoke. "Say hello to your parent's for me." He smirked before throwing her over the railing as they had moved their fight closer to the stairs.

Walking away as he seemed satisfied with his work. Resuming his search for Kaya as he headed to the one room he knew. "Miss Kaya. Come out, come out wherever you are." He could hear them scattering around the room. "Sounds like we have a bigger rat problem than I thought."

Nami made Kaya hide with her under a table while Usopp went to hide elsewhere. Vex took himself to a different hiding spot as well where he wouldn't be seen or caught.

Nami's thoughts immediately went to Venus. She knew that if Kuro had found them then something bad had probably happened to the purple haired. Worried that they wouldn't make it out alive as she stayed quiet for the moment. Covering her mouth a bit as Kaya did the same.

Kaya never would've expected that the one person her and her family had confided in and trusted would turn out to be cold-blooded pirates who wanted her dead. Hoping that he hadn't gotten rid of her newly found friend.