• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ ʟɪ • •

Venus coughed quietly at the pill she had been forced to take by the Marine before shaking her head a bit. "I'm.." Trying to speak as she got up a bit. "I need to.." Placing her hand on her forehead as she didn't feel so well in a matter of seconds.

"What the hell did you give her?" Nami asked.

"Oh, nothing much." The man, known as Nezumi, spoke. "It's a shame though that we had to break up this touching scene between sisters and friends." He continued. "I've heard that pirates were stashing their plunder in this area."

Nojiko rushed over to help Venus stay standing as she made Nami stay back.

Venus tried to do her best to keep focus to hold them. Trying to stand on her own as she failed to do so. Keeping her head up before leaning her head Nojiko's shoulder. "Mmmm...." She groaned.

"You two wouldn't know about that, would you?" Nezumi asked. Taking a peek past the three of them. "That seems to have been obviously stolen. By the authority of the Marines and the World government, I'm going to have to confiscate it." He spoke.

"No. No you can't do that. It's mine." Nami spoke as she listened to him speak.

"A hundred million berry?" Nezumi asked. "Where would you get that much money from?"

Nami realized in that moment what was going on before glancing at the man before them. "How did you know it was a hundred.." She asked slowly. "Arlong put you up to this, didn't he?" She asked.

"I don't know what you mean. I'm a Marine and he's a pirate." Nezumi spoke.

Venus grumbled under her breath as she felt like everything was spinning. Getting free from Nami and Nojiko before punching the guy to the floor. Still being conscious enough to hear.

"Ow! You just assaulted a Marine officer. That is a crime! I should detain you for this."

"You don't get to talk.. talk to her that way.." Venus mumbled. "I will..." She let go of him. Turning back to the two of them before glancing back at the Marines as she was grabbed.

"No! No you can't take it away! It's mine!" Nami spoke up.

Nezumi huffed. "Watch yourself, or I'll detain you as well.

Venus kicked one of the guys away from the treasure as she did her best. Missing a few hits with how drowsy and out of it she was.

Nami groaned as she was shoved down by one of the Marines and held down while another pair of the group picked up all the money she had saved through years.

Venus felt groggy as she tried her best to keep them away before behind shoved back as she didn't know what they had given her exactly. Being drowsy and her vision growing blurry as she watched them storm off.

Nami watched them leave with all the money. Feeling like she had just had the worst backstab. Helping Venus up before walking with her. Going in the direction of the marines to get back what they took from her.

Venus held onto Nami as she closed her eyes. "Na..mi.." She spoke.

Nami listened to her speak but kept walking. Not being able to keep up with the Marines as she stopped. Setting venus down before falling to her knees. "I failed because of him."

Venus could hear her as she tried to take in deep breathes. Her face a bit pale from the pill.

Nami grabbed her small dagger from her pocket before stabbing it into her arm where she carried the Arlong Pirate tattoo she had since she was a kid. Stabbing a few times as she felt she had deserved it for even agreeing to work with someone like him.

Raising the knife again to stab her tattoo a hand reached out and grabbed hers.

Nami noticed as she was fully in tears at that point. Feeling like she had failed them all. "I told you to get the hell out of here.." She spoke.

"You did." Luffy spoke as he kept his hold on her hand.

Nami let go of the knife before pulling her hand free from his. "Then leave. You have no idea of anything that is going on here."

"I don't." Luffy spoke in agreement with her.

"Luffy..." Nami spoke as she cried. Glancing over her shoulder to look at him. "Help me.." She sniffed quietly. Tears running down her cheeks.

Zoro ignored them as he noticed Venus laying there. Rushing to her side immediately as he placed a hand on her cheek. "V? V come on. What happened?"

Venus listened to their conversation as she kept her eyes closed. "That Marine.. he forced me to take.. a weird pill." She spoke as she reached out to hold his hand. "It feels like my body.. is on fire." She added.

Zoro picked her up gently as he hissed a bit at his wound. "Don't worry. I'll take you to the village. Maybe they can help you."

"Mmm.." Venus hummed her reply. Having low energy on talking to them.

Sanji noticed as he rushed over to them. "What happened?"

"She said a Marine forced her to take a weird pill." Zoro explained. "Can you help her?" He asked.

"I can try. Bring her to Nojiko's place and ask her to help her while we deal with Arlong first." Sanji replied.

"She could be in danger." Zoro spoke up.

"If they wanted to kill her then they would've killed her on the spot. They didn't, which gives me the idea that they had different intentions. Perhaps something like making her an easier target to capture." Sanji did his best to explain what he knew to the green-haired.

Venus held onto him as she was growing sleepy by the second. Falling asleep half way through the trip.

Zoro noticed and made sure that she was breathing. Not wanting to have another repeat about losing her for a third time.

Sanji lightly patted the couch before watching Zoro lay her down.

"Seems like she will be fine. Maybe it's just a sleeping pill." Sanji spoke.

"I just want to know she'll wake up. We'll deal with Arlong first but I'm coming for those damn Marines next."

"We think the same way." Sanji smiled.

"Not a chance." Zoro spoke. "We are still not friends."

"Noted but I have a feeling you will warm up to me eventually." Sanji joked. "Now come on. Luffy, Usopp, and Nami must be waiting for us."

Zoro was hesitant to leave Venus alone before nodding. "Fine but only because I need to end this fight as quickly as possible for her." He spoke. Lowering his gaze to her before glancing back at the male and soon walking out of the home as he lead the way back.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Vex watched them leave the home before rubbing his neck a bit. He had paid good money and the pill hadn't done much work. Pulling out the real pill he had been ordered to give her.

"Don't worry Dad. I'll be taking care of everything." He mumbled to himself. "But killing her with your little pill isn't how I'm going to do this."

Throwing the pill away as he approached the home and knocked on the door.

"Coming!" Nojiko spoke up before opening the door. "Can I help you?"

"I'm with Luffy's crew. He told me to come check on Venus. Is she still unwell?"

"Oh, she's awake now. Throwing up. Come in." She spoke and let him in.