• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xxxɪ • •

Nami huffed at losing yet another bet. "Fine. You won this time but next time you won't be so lucky."

"Believe me, you will not be winning any time soon if you keep giving me bets like that." Venus joked at the moment as she smiled at her.

Nami smiled back. "Well it was fun while it lasted." She spoke as she chuckled.

Luffy cleared his throat. "As I was saying earlier before all that. We showed the marines that they can't just roll us over. This crew, our crew, can handle anything thrown their way."

"Who the hell is Monkey D. Luffy?!" A voice rang out throughout the restaurant.

Luffy sat up before peaking out of the booth before raising a hand. "That's me." He spoke. Seeing the chef walking over to him.

"You must be confused about the rules of the house and how we do things around here." Zeff spoke up as he noticed the straw hat teen. "Baratie doesn't offer credit."

Standing in front of the table by now. "You pay for what you eat." Watching him drink his milk.

"I think you're the one confused." Luffy spoke as he set his glass of milk down. "The meal has already been paid for but I just haven't given you the money for it."

"Oh yeah? And how's that?" Zeff asked.

"Well you can just add it to my treasure tab." Luffy spoke as he grinned.

"And what the hell is that?" Zeff asked.

"I may not look like a big deal just yet but you, sir, are talking with the future king of the pirates right now." Luffy spoke. "And once I find the one piece then I'll return and pay this bill in full. With intrest as well."

"I've got a better idea for you." Zeff spoke. Grabbing Luffy by his shirt and dragging him into the kitchen. Putting him to wash the many stacks of dishes they had piling in the sink.

"Well.. that was something." Venus sighed as she watched the whole thing. "Shouldn't we help him?"

"No." Nami spoke as she groaned. Throwing her head back on the cushion behind her. "I need a drink for this."

"Now you're talking." Zoro spoke.

"To the bar section we go then." Venus spoke as she got up. Stretching a bit as she soon felt Zoro hug her from behind.

"Lead the way." Zoro spoke.

"Hold on tight so you won't get lost." Venus teased as she placed her hands over his.

Zoro quietly chuckled as he knew he wasn't good with directions. "Actually.. I need to talk to you alone for a second. On the ship."

"Hm? Oh sure." Venus replied. "Nami, Usopp, Vex. You can head over first. Me and Zoro are heading to the ship for something."

"Alright. Don't sail off though." Nami joked before letting them head out as she lead the way for Vex and Usopp.

Venus glanced at them go before waving as she glanced over her shoulder at him. "Let's get going then." She smiled.

Zoro nodded, letting go of her before holding her hand as he lead the way to the ship once more. Having something in mind that he wanted to do before it was too late for another right moment. Leaving the place as he led the way.

Venus followed as she didn't know what he was planning. "We're not running away, are we?" She asked teasingly.

"No. It's something a bit better." Zoro asked. "Wait here." He added. Placing her near a safe part of the railing.

Venus stood in the spot he placed her in. "What are you planning?" She asked as she smiled.

"Something. Just stay here and look out into the ocean. I'll be right back." Zoro spoke.

Venus laughed lightly as she nodded. "I'll be waiting for your return then."

Zoro smiled as he placed a hand on her cheek before giving her a quick kiss and pulling away. "Don't look." He spoke.

"I won't. Just go already." She chuckled.

Zoro chuckled before leaving as he headed inside at the moment. Heading to their shared room.

Venus smiled as she glanced out at the view. Enjoying the waves and the pink colored sunset as she loved the view. Watching it as she heard footsteps walking back to her. "Can I turn around now?" She asked.

"Not yet." Zoro asked as he got prepared for his gift to her. Making sure that everything was smooth and going well. Lightly letting out a breath. "Okay.. you can turn around now." He spoke.

Venus listened as she turned around to face him before seeing him on one knee. "Zoro.. what are you.. what are you doing?" She gasped.

Zoro cleared his throat as his cheeks were pink compared to the serious look on his features. "Venus I.." He spoke as he took a moment before glancing up at her. "I don't know what I would do without you in my life. I feel like something is completely missing without you by my side. You make my heart beat faster than anyone else. Being with you makes me happy. Brings me a nice touch of adventure and makes me fall in love with your teases even more. I vow to protect and keep you safe for as long as I am breathing. Will you make me the happiest swordsman and join me in this long journey ahead of us?" He asked. Waiting for her answer.

Venus was shocked to say the least. Placing a hand over her mouth a bit. Letting it sink in as she nodded. "Y-yes! I will." She spoke as had happy tears filling her eyes.

Zoro smiled and immediately slid the ring onto her finger before picking her up gently and spinning them around as carefully as he could due to her wound before setting her down one more. Cupping her cheek as he kissed her gently. Being careful with her in his hold.

Venus smiled into the kiss as she held him closer to her at the moment. Feeling like it was all a  dream she didn't want to wake up from. Pulling away from the kiss slightly. Keeping her nose touching his. "This was a lovely surprise." She whispered.

"It makes me happy that you've agreed to be my life partner." Zoro whispered back. Keeping a hand around her waist. "I told you I was serious." He added playfully.

"I know how serious you can be. I was never expecting this from you though." Venus lightly caressed his cheek softly.

"Why's that?" Zoro asked.

"I didn't think that you wanted to be stuck with me for a long time. I know dating is one thing and marriage is a devotion for until our last breath.." Venus spoke.

Zoro lightly grabbed her chin as he made her look at him. "Well you're wrong about that. I've seen how many people you have charmed and yet I get to put a ring on you. I am more than happy to make you my wife." Zoro spoke as he placed his forehead on hers. "I would hate not spending my last days without you or knowing that I couldn't keep you."

Venus smiled as she closed her eyes. "Well then I'm happy to be known as your wife and having this lovely opportunity." She spoke. Staying with him on the ship together for a few more minutes longer. "I want to be by your side everyday." She caressed his cheek softly as she was beaming.