• • ᴄʜᴀᴩᴛᴇʀ xxxᴠɪɪɪ • •

Venus was stunned by his words. Waiting for the door to be shut before letting out a small shaky breath. "Zoro is.. I don't want to do this.. grieve and carry his death around too. I can't.. I just can't handle it. So..." She spoke.

Her hand gripped his gently a bit as she made it seem like she was debating who to pick. "I will." She whispered. Waiting as she got no reply from him. Letting go of his hand as she glanced at the ring before reaching to remove it. "I will choose Ve-."

A hand grabbed hers lightly before she could. "Don't.. even think about it.."

Venus listened as she glanced at him. "Zoro..."

"I'm gonna kill that damn guy." Zoro mumbled as he slid her ring back up properly. Glancing up at her.

"Zoro!" Venus immediately held his cheeks softly. Letting out a small laugh of relief.

Zoro let her as he reached up and wiped her cheeks. Frowning slightly as he had never intended on making her cry. "V.." He spoke softly.

Venus listened to him. Holding his hand close to her at the moment. "You had me worried sick!" She spoke as she used her free hand and flicked him on the forehead.

Zoro hissed a bit at the flick. "Is that how you treat your injured husband?"

"No. That's how I treat an idiot who didn't listen to me. I thought you were dead!"

Zoro listened as he held her hand. "I am not leaving you anytime soon." He spoke.

Venus sighed as she placed a small kiss on his forehead. "Just rest." She spoke lightly.

"I'm not tired." Zoro spoke.

"It's not about being tired." Venus spoke as she glanced at him. "Your wound needs to heal."

"I'm sorry." Zoro spoke as he glanced at her. "I heard everything.. I didn't mean to make you worry."

"All I care about is you being alive and well."

"It's not okay. I know I put you in a situation you never wanted to be in but-."

"But I know you made it out alive and we get to have you around again." Venus spoke.

"I heard your voice calling out to me. I felt your tears. Making you cry was the last thing that I wanted to happen." Zoro confessed. "And my promise to you will stand firm. No pirate will lay a hand on you for as long as I breathe. You heard that Vex?"

"Loud and clear." Vex replied. "If it stops me."

Venus listened as she held his hand a bit. Glancing at him as she glanced at his chest.

"I still have to marry you." Zoro added to take the attention she had on his wound away.

Venus glanced back up at him as she scanned his features. "That's not important right now."

"I'm alive. I'm fine." Zoro spoke.

"You're just saying that to try and make what happened seem like it was nothing." Venus spoke.

"Well, I want to take your worries away." Zoro gave a small slight shrug. "What happened after I went unconscious?" He asked.

Venus listened to him speak before rubbing his hand a bit. "I discovered something new about myself."

"Really?"

"Mhm." Venus nodded. "Turns out I didn't just inherit my father's strength but I have my mothers abilities as well."

Zoro listened to her speak as it made his pain lessen. Having her by his side made him relax. Lightly placing his hand on her cheek.

Venus felt his hand as she closed her eyes and leaned into his touch softly. Taking in the warmth his hand gave off as it confirmed it wasn't a dream.

"You weren't really going to take the ring off, were you?" Zoro asked.

"I was." Venus spoke as she opened her eyes. "You weren't waking up and I was trying to figure out what to do. Sanji, Luffy, Vex, and Nami helped in my plan."

"And your plan was to get with that lousy ship cleaner?"

"Well, he is cute."

"Don't call him that. He's a damn crewmate. Not yours." Zoro spoke jealous.

"Seems like you're still the same old Jealous Zoro."

"Only when it comes to my girl."

Venus lightly placed her hand on his cheek. Giving him a small peck before pulling away. "My darling." She teased.

Zoro's cheeks turned a slight pink color as his eyes scanned her features. Looking calm on the outside as he was flustered on the inside. "Is that my nickname from you?"

"Aside from my grumpy swordsman, it depends. Do you want it to be?"

"If it means only you call me yours then yes."

Venus smiled a bit as she lower her head closer to his. Placing her forehead on his. "You're my darling. There is no one who can replace what you have made me feel all these years."

Zoro gave a small smile as he listened to her speak. "I like the sound of that." He spoke. Keeping his forehead on hers. "Just don't let that cook near you."

"He's a nice guy and a new friend. Be nice." Venus spoke.

Zoro listened as he gazed into her eyes. "Fine.. but only because you told me to. I still don't tolerate him."

"Him and Zeff help save you. He's not as bad as you think."

Zoro thought about it. "Fine.. only because you told me to and because they helped me." He spoke. "Happy?"

"Very." Venus spoke as she smiled before hearing the door open abruptly.

"Zoro!" Luffy spoke up. "I heard you talking on my way down the hall!" Walking over immediately.

Venus moved away as she let their captain have a look at his first mate. Watching Luffy hug the male tightly out of excitement. A small laugh leaving her.

"You're not dead!" Luffy beamed.

Zoro groaned from the hug he was given by him. "Really wishing I was right now."

"How did you wake him up?" Luffy asked.

"Well.. I was going to take my ring off and he woke up."

"Ring?" Luffy asked confused.

"Oh right. Me and Zoro are engaged." Venus spoke as she smiled.

"Congrats Zoro! I had no idea." Luffy spoke. "When did all of this happen!?"

"Yesterday while you were busy with working in the kitchen for Zeff." Venus replied as she smiled.

"Woah.. I did not expect this." Luffy spoke.

"I've known she was the one for years." Zoro mumbled.

Venus placed her hand on his head lightly. "I think we both had been a bit quiet with how we felt in the past. This is something to strengthen our promises to one another, give our relationship a bit of a nudge in a good way, being able to spend our time with the crew." She spoke softly.

Her hand running through his hair made her smile. She felt like the air could reach her lungs again and her tired red eyes could take a break. He was back into her life and she couldn't ask for anything else.

It was better than anything. Her hand moved to him as she let him speak with the others at the moment. His presence was enough to lift the mood.