Chapter 201

**YOUR POV**
I woke up again to the sound of the door opening. I rubbed my eyes a little while later, seeing that no one was in the room except for nurse Megan who checked all the monitors. As soon as she noticed I was awake, she smiled at me.

„Hey, how are you feeling?" She asked, rubbing my arm.

„Tired...everything hurts." I breathed. „What happened?"

„You got a bit too worked up earlier, love. I just gave you something for the pain, you'll feel better soon." She assured me.

I nodded, reaching out for her arm. „What about Harry? Wha- ...What's happening with him?"

„See for yourself, sweetie." She smiled and stepped aside, so I could see the bed Harry was lying in asleep, making me let out a big sigh of relief.

„Is he okay?" I asked, staring at his features, his face pale.

„He's okay. The doctors already talked to your family. They were able to control the situation, he's gonna be okay." She assured me. „We just brought him back here, so he'll be asleep for another while."

„Fuck...thank god." Tears ran down my cheeks as I was so relieved he was okay.

„Hey no tears. You're both gonna be okay. The surgery was a success, that's great!" She said, still rubbing my arm soothingly.

„Thanks...I know, I'm just so relieved that he's okay. Is he gonna wake up soon?"

„Give him another hour or so, his body has been through a lot, so he needs some more time. The doctor will check on him in an hour or two."

„Okay, thank you so much."

„Just doing my job." She smiled. „Alright then, I'll let you rest. Press the button if you need anything." She said as she was about to leave.

„Megan, wait, please." I called her back as loud as the strength I had left allowed me to.

„Yes?"

„Could you please move my bed as close to him as possible? Please? I wanna be close to him when he wakes up...please?"

She nodded with a smile. „Sure, but just because it's you." She started to move around all the monitors and then wheeled my bed as close to Harry's as she could so that the side of mine touched the side of his and I was able to hold his hand and run my fingers through his soft hair.

„Thank you so much." I smiled a little when she was done.

„No problem." She said on her way out.

I kept lookong over at Harry, oxygen hooked up around his nose as he slept away. I could see him breathe, his stomach rising up and down again. He was okay. Harry was okay. That was all that mattered to me. I reached over my bed to grab his hand and placed mine in his.

„I love you so much." I whispered, some more tears of relief falling down my cheeks.

I fell asleep again myself, but woke back up a while later to a faint squeeze on my hand. I turned my head, seeing Harry's eyes slowly open, tears immediately pooling in my eyes.

He let out a heavy breath, his eyebrows scrunched. I rubbed my thumb over the back of his hand and finally he turned his head to look at me and there it was, a small smile across his face.

„Hey." I sobbed. „Remember me?"

He nodded slowly. „'Course...you're not one to forget so easily."

I broke out in tears immediately. „Fuck Harry, you scared the shit out of me." I held on to his hand even tighter.

He frowned. „What do you mean?"

„The doctor will explain later...just...I love you so much, I'm so glad you're okay."

„I'm glad you're okay, love." He said. „We did it...we kept our promises." He smiled a little again, pain across his face soon afterwards though. „Are you in pain?" He asked me.

I nodded. „Yeah, quite a bit." I admitted. „You?"

He nodded as well. „Yeah...in a lot to be honest."

„Let me call the nurse then, baby." I pressed the red call button.

„Thanks." He gave my hand another squeeze before he looked at me again. „You're gonna live, my love." He smiled.

I nodded, more tears escaping my eyes. „I'm gonna live." I repeated. „You saved me, Haz."

„You deserve to live, Y/n."

„Harry I mean it. I wouldn't be here without you. You saved me in every way. I'm still here thanks to you...thank you for everything. I love you so much." I almost whispered the last part.

„I love you too, sweetie. I'd do anything for you, you know that." He said.

I nodded, wiping my tears away with my other hand. „You're a part of me now...and I mean literally."

He chuckled, making him wince in pain. „Please don't make me laugh." He breathed.

„Sorry, H." I brought his hand up to my lips to press a kiss on it.

„I wanna kiss and hold you so bad right now." He admitted, sighing.

„Me too, but I think we gotta be patient now." I smiled when the door opened and nurse Megan walked in along with the doctor and Anne and Gemma.

„Well look who's awake." Gemma smiled, giving Harry a kiss on his cheek before Anne came to carefully hug him, tears in her eyes again.

„How are you feeling?" The doctor asked Harry, checking his chart and all of those numbers on the screens and monitors.

„Exhausted...everything hurts." He breathed. „My chest on this side hurts a lot." He admitted.

„That is because it most probably got a bit sore during the surgery as you've only recently suffered a cracked rib in the car accident you were in that is still healing." The doctor explained. „Nurse Megan will give you something for the pain, but everything else looks perfectly fine. There were some complications near the end of the surgery as you started to lose a lot of blood. You scared us there a bit for a second, but we got it under control and finished the procedure just as planned." He explained. „You saved Y/n's life, mister Styles."

Harry turned his head to look at me and smiled tiredly, making me smile back.

„Alright. I'll check on you two again in a few hours, but now it's time for you to do nothing but rest for the next week and we'll slowly start having you sit up, stand and walk when you're strong enough. Step by step. Recovery will take some months, so you should give your bodies some time to heal properly." He explained and we nodded understandingly, but I didn't know how much the both of us got in the end as we were both incredibly exhausted and in pain.

„My god, I'm so relieved that the two of you are okay." Anne breathed, smiling at us with teary eyes when all the nurses and doctors left.

„Yeah, you had us both scared to death while we were waiting for any news, especially you little brother." Gemma said.

„'M sorry." Harry said silently. „Thanks for being here." He said.

„Oh please, of course we're here for something like this. We're gonna take care of the both of you and help you recover so that you can both get back to your lives soon. Step by step." Anne said. „I love you two so much and I'll always be there for you." She added, pressing a kiss to both our cheeks.