Chapter 203

**YOUR POV**
The doctor came in at some point to examine Harry thoroughly who was feeling worse than before, his energy now completely gone and his breathing shallow.

„What's wrong with him?" I asked concerned when the doctor came back with the lab results of Harry's bloodwork.

„His incision got infected." The doctor eventually said, looking up from his chart.

„Why...why is that?" Harry asked quietly when the nurse hooked him back up on oxygen.

„It's nothing you did, mister Styles. Infection is a risk after any kind of surgery. It doesn't happen to everyone, but it does to some." He explained. „We're gonna treat it with antibiotics. It should go away like that, but if it doesn't we'll have to do an additional surgery. We're trying to avoid that though, because the risk of infection could increase. I'm sure it will be okay with the antibiotics." He assured us. „A nurse will clean the incision again and change the dressing more often."

Harry screamed in pain a little while later while nurse Megan cleaned the incision and changed the dressing. It hurt my heart seeing him in so much pain and I couldn't even properly be there for him.

„I'm really sorry, honey, but I have to clean it and keep it disinfected." Megan said after she was done.

„It's okay..." Harry breathed, his eyebrows scrunched. „Thank you."

„Try to sleep and rest now, that's all you can do. We'll see later if the antibiotics start to work." She said and left the room.

„Haz?" I asked for him quietly.

„Hm...yeah?"

„I love you, okay?"

„I know you do...I love you too." He said softly.

I sat up in bed and decided to get up, so I slowly moved to sit on the edge of the bed to get a grip before I'd stand up.

„Y/n, what are you doing?" Harry asked silently. „Get back to bed and lie down."

„No, I wanna sit with you."

„Don't be silly. Stay where you are please." He breathed.

„Shut up." I slowly stood up and made my way over, sitting back down on the edge of his bed. „Hey." I smiled, slipping my hand in his and giving it a gentle squeeze.

„Hi." There was a faint smile, his face buried in his pillow.

„I'm sorry you're in pain, Haz."

„It's okay...it'll go away." His voice broke.

„So will the infection. It'll go away, I'm sure."

„Yeah..." He nodded a little. „It's my immune system...it's been shit since the last tour with the band."

„I'm sorry, baby." I brought his hand up to kiss the back of it. „Can I do something to make you feel better?"

„Go to bed and rest, Y/n. That's what you can do. I'll be fine." He assured me.

„Okay then." I sighed. „I love you so much."

„And I love you." He said before I got back up and made my way back to my bed.

*

It was the 7th day after our surgery and today I'd finally get released. I was doing as good as I could after a liver transplant. Walking was going really good as long as I didn't use any muscles in my stomach. I wasn't allowed to lift anything or do literally anything than walking which should be good for healing and just resting in general.

Unfortunately, Harry had to stay another night and couldn't go home with me, because they still wanted to keep an eye on him for another night after the infection which luckily got better due to the antibiotics.

„I'm really sorry you can't come home with me today, Haz." I sat on the edge of his bed, Anne and Gemma standing in the room as well.

„Don't be, love. It's just one night. I'll be home with you tomorrow." He grabbed my hand to run his thumb over it. „You go home and rest."

„Okay then, but I'm still gonna miss you sooo much." I leaned in to kiss him, maybe a bit too fast. „Ahh! Ow ow ouch." I hissed.

„Careful, sweetheart." He said before I finally kissed him. „I'll miss you too by the way. Facetime later?"

„Definitely." I nodded with a small smile. „I feel so bad though, H. You did all this for me and now  we can't even go home together."

„Hey, it's just another night. I'll be fine. I'm feeling a lot better too and I told you countless times these last few days why I did this and how important it was to me to do it. Don't feel bad for this, ever. I love you."

„Okay...I love you more." I kissed him again. „See you tomorrow."

„See you tomorrow." He smiled and I stood up, ready to leave with Anne while Gemma would stay with Harry at the hospital for the day.

„Ughh I don't wanna leave you." I sighed, looking back at him.

„Go home, Y/n." Harry chuckled

„Alright...bye." I waved at him one last time before Anne and I left.

„You tell me when you need a break, alright?" Anne placed her hand on my back.

„I will, thanks, but I think I'll be okay."

„Okay. I made you a plan of some various dishes that contain the vitamins and all the different things your body needs now. Just as the doctor explained, so if you're hungry, you can chose what you like for dinner at home."

„That's so thoughtful, Anne. Thank you so much." I said. „Yeah I am a little hungry, thanks."

The whole ride home, I didn't talk and just stared out the window as I could just think of one thing...

We eventually arrived at home and Anne made a delicious lunch which I really enjoyed and was able to eat a bit after a week of hospital food. Not long later though, I went upstairs and got settled in bed, because I felt completely exhausted.

„Y/n, dear?" Anne stood in the doorway as I checked my messages on my phone.

„Yeah? Come in." I waved her in to sit down on the bed. „What is it?"

„I feel like there's something on your mind, honey. Is that so?" She asked.

I nodded. „Honestly, yes." I admitted. „I uh...I just don't know what's gonna happen about the cancer and chemo and all that...the waiting for being able to do the tests and the not knowing is kind of frustrating."

„I know, love. I was thinking the same thing. I can only imagine how you must feel." She rubbed my arm soothingly. „The waiting is frustrating, but the doctors keep an eye on you. You have a new liver now, the tumor, the biggest problem is gone. If there is still something around, they'll immediately take actuon and treat it and you'll be okay."

I nodded, looking down at my nervous hands. „I just..." I sighed and looked up at her. „I just wanna live, Anne."

„Oh honey, we all want you to live and you will." She tuckes some of my hair behind my ear. „Come here, darling." She moved closer to hug me.

„Thanks for everything, Anne. I don't take anything you do for me for granted. Thank you."

„You don't ever have to thank me." She smiled. „You're my kid, I love you and I'd do absolutely anything for you."

„I love you too, Anne." I hugged her again, tears forming in my eyes.