Chapter 261

October 2018
**YOUR POV**
As Harry and I let go of the hug, he took my hand and led me out of the nursery, closing the door behind us when we left. I looked back for a second and then back at Harry.

„Y/n?" He asked with a concerned frown.

„What happens to the nursery?" I asked him.

He sighed before he spoke. „It's gonna stay a nursery and some day, it belongs to our rainbowbaby." He kissed the top of my head.

I nodded, hoping he was right. I followed him downstairs where he led me to the living room and made me sit on the couch.

„I hope it's alright...I told my mum." Harry said when he placed himself next to me.

„It's alright." I nodded. „It's your mum, she has to know." I told him with a reassuring nod.

He tilted his head, tucking some of my hair behind my ear and looking at me with a deep frown.

„Harry don't." I said quietly, knowing he kept on worrying.

„I just wanna be there for you." He said. „I'm-..." He hesitated to say what he thought.

„What is it? You can tell me, Haz."

„I'm scared you'll diatance yourself from me again and fall into an even harder time." He finally said, still hesitantly.

„I won't, okay? I promise I won't. I made a mistake and I realized that now...I won't leave you alone again." I promised him, placing my hand in his. I looked down at both of our hands intertwined and then back up into his eyes. „I'm...I'm not okay right now and you aren't either, but we'll do this together...as we always did." I said, giving him the smallest smile I was able to show.

He nodded and kissed my lips softly. „Step by step."

„Yeah...step by step." I repeated silently. „I don't know how to begin though...how to continue. I don- I just don't know."

„That's alright. You don't have to know right now. We'll take everything as it comes." He kissed me again.

„I know it's a lot to ask, but...will you stay home for a while? I don't wanna be alone anymore."

„Of course I'll stay home. I won't go anywhere for a little while until we feel like the time is right. I already rescheduled a lot the past week to be here with you."

„Thank you. I love you so much, Harry." I wrapped my arms around him again and he held me close to his chest, making me feel all his love and warmth.

„Love you more." He said, rubbing my back soothingly.

*

November 2018
Days passed and more days passed and then some weeks passed. A whole month passed.

I would have been lying if I said I wasn't sad anymore. That I was okay, but things were different. I didn't really know what different meant yet, but I was able to laugh again when Harry and I went somewhere. I was able to slowly get back to life again, not 100% yet and not 100% for a while, but things were different.

It was cold outside, very cold. The winter season slowly started.
Still, I was sitting outside on the porch in the morning, wrapped in a thick blanket on our swing bench, holding a hot cup of tea in my hands.

„Hey." I heard Harry's soft voice behind me at some point and turned my head to look at him with a small smile. „Aren't you freezing out here?" He came closer, sitting down next to me after he kissed the top of my head.

„Says the one who goes running, wearing shorts. In November."

„Fair point." He chuckled.

„I kinda like it out here. The fresh air feels so good." I told him, taking a deep breath in.

„It is nice." He nodded. „Just don't get sick."

„I won't." I assured him with a little smile.

„Are you ready to leave in a bit?" He asked me.

We were invited to the wedding of one of Harry's relatives up in Manchester. It would be the first time we'd be out somewhere around people after I lost the baby and it would be the first time we'd see Anne and Gem, but it felt nice to finally do something. Like really do something. I was looking forward to it and to see my family again, but I was a bit nervous too though.

„Yeah, I just finished packing earlier. Just waited for you to have breakfast and then we can leave." I told him.

„Great, I'll go take a quick shower and come down for breakfast." He said and kissed me again. „We'll be there just in time for the wedding."

I nodded and followed him inside.
He turned around again as I put away the blanket.

„Sweetie, if you're not ready, we don't have to go." He said.

„No, I am. I'm happy to go. Really." I assured him.

„I just don't wanna pressure you into something." He came closer to cup my cheek.

„You're not. I'm okay, don't worry, Haz. I'm looking forward to go."

„Okay, I'm glad then." He kissed my lips softly and made his way upstairs.

We had breakfast after Harry took a shower and got ready and almost immediately afterwards we left for Manchester.

*

Almost four hours later we arrived in front of Anne's house. Lots of family members were already there as Anne invited them all over to her house for the wedding and the little party afterwards.

We got out of the car and headed to the front door, ringing the bell.
My heart was beating fast in my chest, knowing I'd see her the first time again after what happened.

Then the door opened and when she saw it was us, she smiled at us, but it wasn't her usual happy smile, it was more of a sad smile. A smile that was still showing so much love and compassion, so much comfort what made my eyes all teary again.

She closed the door behind her and stepped closer, cupping both my cheeks snd wiping a tear away that I haven't even realized rolled down my cheek before she wrapped her arms tightly around me, one hand placed on my head and the other one rubbing my back.

It was such a reassuring hug, that no words really needed to be spoken.
I hugged her back tightly until eventually she let go of me.

„I'm glad you're here." She smiled, squeezing my hand. „Both of you." She looked at Harry and gave her the exact same hug.

I could tell Harry was holding back his tears as he was finally getting the hug from his mother he needed all along.