Chapter 221

**HARRYS POV**
Jeff got me on a flight on a private jet back to LA as soon as possible which was only minutes after he made that call. The airport was near the venue, so my driver quickly brought me over there and I got on that flight.
Even though it was only a one hour flight, it felt like forever and I couldn't sit still the whole time. The fact that I couldn't check my messages or call anyone during the flight made it even worse.

„Fuck...Y/n please be okay." I whispered to myself while I stared out of the window.

Finally, the plane landed and I basically ran out and down the stairs into LAX, through the airport and outside the back to another driver that waited for me.
As no one expected me to be in LA already, I was lucky enough to not draw any attention from paps even though I was still wearing my suit I should have worn on stage tonight.

I basically threw myself into the car and my driver drove off towards the hospital.
Finally I had some time to check my phone as I sat there totally out of breath and saw I got a message from Gemma.

„She's better now. I'll explain everything when you get here. We're with her, she's asleep now."

I let out a breath of relief, but was still incredibly worried. „Thanks Gem. Just landed, I'll be there in half an hour." I texted back and leaned back in my seat, closing my eyes for a few seconds to try and calm down just a little.
Eventually, my driver made a halt right in front of the hospital, so I quickly got out and ran to the front desk.

„Hello, how can I help you?" The woman behind the computer asked me before she even looked up. „Oh my, you're Harry Styles." She said as she looked up at me.

„Hi, yes, uhm, could you please tell me which room Y/n Y/l/n is in?" I asked her.

„Yes of course." She said, typing her name into the system. „She's in room 525. Fifth floor and then down the hall."

„Thank you." I quickly made my way to the elevator and headed up before I ran down the hall and finally stood in front of her room. I opened the door and got in, letting my bag fall to the floor as I breathed out heavily. Gemma and my mum sat there in the corner of the room, looking up at me from their magazines, their eyes wide. I must have looked awful by now.

Before they or I even said anything, I stood there and looked to my left at Y/n who laid in her bed asleep, oxygen hooked up around her nose and it hit me as I saw how poorly she looked. This illness was happening, this was real...the cancer was taking her away from me and it was getting worse.

My mum stood up from where she was sat and approached me to wrap her arms tight around me and it was then that I noticed I was crying. I didn't move an inch from where I was stood yet and just let this all sink in first.

„Sit down, Harry, you look absolutely exhausted." My mum said when she let go of me. She took my hand and pulled me with her, but instead, I went to Y/n's bedside and gently cupped her cheek before I leaned down to softly kiss her forehead. I looked up at my mum and Gemma again and finally went to sit down next to them.

„What the hell happened?" I breathed, wiping my tears away. „What did the doctor say?"

„He told us that what she experienced were extreme side effects from chemo and radiation what also led into a panic attack right afterwards. He said it was good that we got here though to check on her. She has to stay for a few nights to get monitored, because her oxygen levels and blood pressure are low at the moment." My mum explained.

„Okay, so she's sort of okay?" I asked unsure.

„Sort of, yes. She did lose a little blood as well because of the incident earlier, but he said it should be okay. Gemma told me. „She was out ever since we were allowed in."

„So she doesn't know I came here?"

„No, we didn't tell her. We didn't wanna overwhelm her." My mum said.

„Okay...if you wanna go back home that's fine, I'll stay the night." I told them, sitting down right next to Y/n's bed. „I just saw now how late it is."

„I think we're gonna stay for another hour." They said.

„Alright then." I nodded and slid my hand in Y/n's, but before I knew it, I fell asleep, my head resting next to her on the matress of her bed.

„Harry? Honey?" I woke up again at my mother tapping on my shoulder.

„Yeah?" I sat up straight, rubbing my eyes.

„We'll head home and come back in the morning. Let us know if you need anything." She whispered.

„Yeah, okay. See you tomorrow." I whispered back and they left shortly afterwards.

I stretched my back out, having laid in a shitty position for an hour what I now really regretted, but as tired as I was, I fell back asleep in the same exact position right away.
It was until I felt a soft tug on a strand of my hair that made me wake up again. I looked up only to see Y/n's eyes flutter open.

„Hey, sweetie." I whispered, placing my hand on top of her head and ran my thumb over her forehead.

„Harry?" She whispered back a bit confused. „What...are you doing here?"

„Came to see you." I got up to kiss her cheek.

„But...the show." She frowned.

„Don't worry about that, sweetie."

„What about the show, Harry? You're wearing your outfit and all." She asked again.

„Shhh." I made her calm down a little. „I cancelled the show, it's alright. Don't worry about it please." I assured her. „How are you feeling?

„Exhausted, just awful. I thought I was gonna die."

„I'm sorry, baby." I ran my hand through her hair. „I won't go anywhere anymore from now on."

„But your shows."

„I'll cancel everything. I just can't do this while you're feeling like this. I did what you said and continued with my career and everything, but it's too much now. I wanna stay with you and be there." I told her.

„But H, god knows how long I'll feel like this."

„I don't care how long, I really don't. I'll be fully here, alright?"

„Okay...thank you." She said weakly, a tear running down her cheek. „I love you so much. Thank you for coming back."

„Love you more, angel. I'd do absolutely anything for you, my love."