Chapter 212

**HARRYS POV**
It was hard to leave after the short break I got from filming, especially because I wanted to stay with Y/n as chemo kept destroying her body more and more and it made me worry so incredibly much. I was finally on my way back home today, having finished filming the movie which I was really proud of. We finished a day earlier and I decided to not tell anyone to make it a little surprise. It was a three hour drive and it was already 9 pm as I couldn't leave sooner and I just pulled into the driveway. I was tired, but couldn't wait to finally see Y/n again and just stay with her and not going anywhere anymore.

I unlocked the front door and got instantly greeted by my mum and Gemma who were as surprised as I imagined them to be and hugged me tight, pressing kisses all over my cheeks.

„You look tired, Harry. Go get some sleep." My mum looked at me all concerned after taking all my bags off my shoudlers.

„In a bit. Where's Y/n? She didn't call today. She usually does, is she alright?" I asked her.

„She was having a bit if a rough day toda and she really misses you, so I'm really happy you already came home today. She'll be over the moon." My mum told me. „She's upstairs and just told me she wanted to take a shower."

„Okay, I'll be upstairs then." I told her and made my way up to our bedroom. I went inside and heard the shower next door. The door was partly open, but I still knocked.

She didn't say anything. All I heard was sniffling and as I listened closer I heard her crying indeed. I opened the door and the sight broke my heart. She sat in the shower fully dressed while the water was pouring down on her. She was completely soaked, crying with her hands in front of her face and her legs bent in front of her chest.

„Y/n, baby, hey, what's wrong?" I instantly fell to my knees in front of her, getting completely soaked as well just before I could turn off the shower. I pulled her in my arms as her crying only got worse.

„Harry..." She sobbed when she finally realized it was me.

„I'm here, baby. Shhh, it's alright." I rubbed her back soothingly. „What's wrong, baby? What is it?"

„You're here..." She sobbed even more, gripping onto my clothes, her face pressed against my shoulder.

„Yes I'm here, my love. I'm home." I tried to calm her down.

„I can't do this anymore, Harry...I thought I could, but I can't, I can't, Harry." She sniffled.

„Honey where's this coming from?" I let go of her and cupped both her cheeks, looking into her now red eyes.

„It's all getting too much to handle..." She sobbed more. „It feels like the cancer is undefeatable. It keeps making me sicker with every week passing. I don't wanna do this anymore...I'll never get better."

„Don't say that, Y/n. You're so strong, you've proven that so many times already. You will get better, I know you will. Don't give up, sweetheart. It's not time to give up. You've got a chance. I know it's all so much, but it will be worth it in the end. Don't give up...please." I begged her, my eyes brimming with tears.

„It's easy for you to say, Harry...I went through this so many times since I was 14 years old and I'm so tired." She sniffled.

„You told me you want to live and that you would fight. You can't break your promise now, Y/n. Please. I can't live without you. I don't even wanna fucking imagine my life without you. Please." I begged her again. „I'm here now and I won't go anywhere anymore. I love you so much and I need you. I'm here for you all the way through and you will get better. The time will come where we're gonna dance to Time of Our Lives again, where we'll get properly married and have a family. You'll be back on stage performing, it'll all be okay in the end."

She nodded slowly and fell straight in my arms again. „I'm sorry, Haz...I just feel so down today...I'm so glad you're back. I love you so much."

„It's okay, baby, it's alright." I assured her, holding tight onto her. „Let's get out of these wet clothes, yeah?"

She nodded. „Yeah...please."

I helped her stand up and sit back down onto a little stool we had in our bathroom before I gave her a hand to take off her shirt and the leggings she was wearing. I gave her a towel to dry herself up while I took my wet clothes off and changed into new ones.

„Let's dry your hair, alright?" I asked her already getting the blow dryer from underneath the sink.

„Yeah, thanks." She nodded.

I then started to gently blow dry and brush her hair until it was completely dry. Afterwards, I went to grab some new clothes for her and handed them to her so she could get dressed again.

„Thank you, Harry." She stood up a bit wobbly on her legs and wrapped her arms around my body again. „Thank you for doing all of this for me...for putting up with me during this time." She said quietly.

„You don't have to thank me, my love. I love you so much, I'll always be here for you." I pressed a kiss on her lips when she let go of me again. „Let's get you to bed, you're a bit too shaky for my liking." I guided her to her side of the bed and sat her down.

I looked at her for a while. I looked at her from head to toe, noticing she's changed. She looked different than she did when I left her. Her skin was even paler, her cheekbones were even more prominent and so were her ribs. She got even skinnier and I was incredibly concerned. It meant she was getting sicker and her body weaker. I hated it. I hated to see her this way, seeing her suffer so much because of the illness, knowing it destroyed her body. It made me so mad at the universe and whatever the reason was fate didn't want her to live a healthy life. She deserved to be healthy more than anyone. She's been through so much already and it seemed like, she'd never get the peace she deserved.

She deserved to be happy and healthy, to live her best life and not having to worry about anything else. Why would those awful things always happen to the best people? It was unfair and just cruel.