Chapter 210

**HARRYS POV**
Hearing Y/n's mother explain what really happened and why she did what she did made my heart ache for all of the girls. Her mother, Y/n and Sophie, her sister. I understood now why she had to leave Y/n and Sophie and that it did hurt her. She always loved Y/n, but she just didn't know. She thought her mother hated her when it was the complete opposite. She saved her girls from something worse and instead sacrificed herself. She faced years and years of abuse to keep her daughters safe.

„Fuck me." I whispered to myself, rubbing my face after hearing all this.

„Mum, I had no idea." Y/n almost whispered. „I'm so sorry this happened to you...I'm sorry you had to endure all of this all those years. If I only knew I could have-."

„No, you couldn't have helped, Y/n. I didn't want any of the two of you in this. I wanted you to be as far away from him as it was possible. You should have a better life than being stuck in this hell." Mary told her.

„I can't imagine how that must have been for you..." Y/n sighed. „And I was here thinking you hated me all those years."

„God no, honey." Mary said, her voice soft. „I know this is a lot for you to take in and I don't expect anything from you. It's been 13 years after all, but I'm relieved that I could finally tell you the truth of what happened."

I turned around to take a glance of what was happening downstairs and saw Y/n hugging her mum tightly. „I forgive you, okay? I would have forgiven you a lot sooner if I knew."

„Oh god, thank you...you have no idea what that means to me." Mary cried. „I'm sorry I had to do this, I'm sorry I wasn't there."

„It's alright. It wasn't your fault. I understand why you did it. You just wanted the best for us and it was the right decision. I got to grow up, being loved by the best people there are. You made the right call..." Y/n assured her which brought tears to my eyes.

She finally found her peace and she had a real mother. Something I knew she wished for all her life long even though she loved my mum so dearly.

„You have no idea how relieved I am. Thank you, Y/n." Mary said again. „Besides your health, how was your life up until now? I know you have an amazing career."

„I'm really grateful for what I got and have in life, it's been incredible so far. I made three studio albums and was working on a fourth, went on tour and all. I was really happy with how everything went until a few months back." Y/n told her.

„That sounds really great. I'm happy everything worked out just as you always wanted to." Mary said and I could tell she was smiling. „So you and Harry, you're?"

„We're a couple, yeah." Y/n chuckled.

„That's sweet. I remember him as that nice little boy. How long have you been together?"

„Well, basically since we were 14 years old, so a long time." I could tell Y/n was smiling as well as she told her that.

„That's amazing. Does he make you happy?"

„He does. He makes me very happy. I love him very much. Harry's perfect, caring, loving and he has the biggest heart." Y/n told her and I couldn't help but tear up at her honest words. „We're actually married. Well not officially, but we'll get officially married once...once this is over."

„Wow, congrats! You know, knowing you are so loved by someone who cares so much about you, makes me so happy, because I never got that and knowing my daughter doesn't have to go through the same is so relieving." Mary said.

„I can only imagine. Harry really is perfect. You know what, let me get him so you can properly meet." Y/n said and called me right afterwards. I got up from where I was sat and made my way downstairs, sitting down next to where Y/n sat, leaning against the backrest of the couch.

Mary smiled at me lovingly. „You're so grown up, I can't believe it. I only saw you on tv sometimes, but I always had you in mind as this ten year old sweet boy."

„Yeah time has gone by so fast, it's crazy." I chuckled.

„How have you been, Harry? The last time I saw news from you was when you were at the hospital, are you alright?" She asked me, honestly concerned.

„I'm doing really good, thanks. I was at the hospital a bit more than a year ago because I broke my back in an accident and needed spinal surgery to fix it, but I'm fine now, all good." I told her.

„Oh, sounds intense. I'm glad you're doing good." She smiled. „Y/n, I don't wanna overstep, but...how is chemo going? You said the cancer is aggressive?"

„Oh you're not, I don't mind. Yeah this time, the cancer is pretty aggressive. The chemo is really intense which tires my body out a lot. It's really hard at the moment, but we're trying to stay positive and take everything as it comes." Y/n told her.

„I can't imagine what you must go through at the moment and I know we're not close at all, but I just want you to know that if I there's anything I can do, please call me." Mary said.

„Thank you, that's nice." Y/n smiled a little.

We talked for another while until Mary decided to leave as she scheduled some work appointments here in LA when she knew she'd fly in and wouldn't have to leave again so soon.

„We'll stay in touch, okay?" Y/n said as we stood at the door, saying our goodbyes.

„Definitely." She nodded. „And I'll try to get you Sophie's number so you can get in touch with her."

„That'd be great, thanks." Y/n smiled.

„Take care. Both of you. Stay strong and keep fighting, darling." Mary told her when they hugged again.

Y/n nodded. „Bye mum, thanks for coming and explaining. It meant a lot to me."

„I thank you. Bye Y/n, goodbye Harry." She waved one last time before she left and I closed the front door behind us.

The first thing Y/n did when the door closed was breaking out in tears.

„Oh baby." I pulled her in my arms, hugging her tight. „Why the tears, love?"

„I hated her for absolutely no reason and now I have a mother. A mother that does love me, that does care, I'm just...I don't know why I'm crying, it's just a bit overwhelming." She sobbed, her face pressed against my chest.

„It's okay, sweetie. That was a lot of information, but I'm really happy for you that you know your mother always loved you and cared about you."

„I am too. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest that was there all my life long. Having a mother was all I ever wanted." She sniffled. „And now I totally ruined your shirt with my tears." She let go of me and I just smiled at that.

„It's alright, my love. It's just some tears." I chuckled. „I'm really happy for you, sweetie. You deserve to have a mother and be happy."

„You know...I'm so grateful to have you. You truly are so perfect. I love you so much."

„I love you more, angel. You're the love of my life." I smiled at her when we made our way back to the living room and placed ourselves back on the couch.

„Lately I think back at a lot of our memories. Especially the night after just some days of us meeting again. You made me sing with you on that little stage at that afterparty."

„The Time of My Life." I remembered that night. „It was such a beautiful night."

„It was...I wanna be able to do this again. Feeling free with nothing to worry about and dancing and singing to that song." She admitted.

„You will soon, my love. We'll be singing and dancing to it on a stage again sooner than you think and it will be absolutely amazing and become a new memory." I promised her.