Chapter 202

**YOUR POV**
Harry and I were 2 days out of surgery and we were doing okay. As okay as we could be. We were still both in a lot of pain, but it was manageable with the pain med pump we could regulate ourselves whenever it was unbearable. They already had me stand up and walk a little yesterday, which was more than exhausting and painful, but I did it and was actually proud of myself. Today it was Harry's turn.

He had a bit of a hard time in general to gain some energy since the surgery so they waited another day, but the doctor said it was because of the massive blood loss and should be okay with time.

„Ready to walk?" I asked Harry who was already sitting at the edge of the bed with the help of nurse Megan.

„Think so, yeah." He nodded with a small smile. „Couldn't be worse as spinal surgery, right?" He chuckled.

„I think after going through a spinal fusion recovery, you'll find this recovery a bit less painful and draining." Megan agreed.

„That's actually relieving." Harry said.

„Alright, are you ready?" She asked him as she held onto him, ready to stand up.

Harry nodded, trying to concentrate on the pain.

„Okay, just tell me if it gets too much and we'll stop." She said.

„Okay." Harry nodded again.

She then counted to three and helped him up on his feet. His face was laced with pain, his breathing heavy.

„Fuck me!" He let out when he was finally standing.

„You okay, Harry?" Megan asked.

„Yeah...yeah, I'm alright I think." He breathed.

„Do you think you can walk around a bit with my help?" She asked.

„I think so, yeah." He nodded.

They then slowly walked back and forth through the room and Harry was actually better off than I was yesterday. I was just glad he was doing okay and hoped he would recover fast and be his old self again soon so he wouldn't have to put his life on hold for too long.

At some point, he slowly made his way towards my bed and held onto the side of it, leaning over a bit, just enough to be able to press his lips on mine and softly kiss me.

„I missed that." I smiled, quickly kissing him again before he pulled away.

„Me too." He smiled back. „It seems like ages ago when I last kissed you."

„I does." I nodded. „Love you, H."

„Love you more, sweetie."

*

„I'm so proud of you, H." I smiled at him after He laid back down in bed and nurse Megan left the room.

„Thanks." He breathed. „She was right, hurts less than after spinal surgery."

I chuckled a little. „I'm glad then?" I frowned, making a question out of it, because I wasn't sure if it was something good or not. „Hey, uhm, are you really doing as good as you're saying? You look really exhausted from the surgery still. I just wanna make sure you're fine."

„I am, don't worry, love. The surgery was a lot and I am exhausted, but I'd tell you if something felt really wrong." He assured me. „I went through this once with my spine, so I can do it again, this time just with my liver. I'll be fine soon enough, baby. You worry about yourself a little more and concentrate on your own recovery." He smiled. „I'm missing half of my organ after all so my energy level isn't where it was before just yet."

„Yeah you're right, I know. Alright then...fine. I love you so much, Harry."

„I love you more, baby." He blew a kiss over.

I smiled at that, pretending to catch it. „H?"

„Yes, love?"

„Do you think I'll be okay after this? I mean fully?  I mean...we don't know if the cancer is gone or still there." I admitted, having thought about this ever since the surgery.

„I'm sorry, I really don't know. I hope it's gone, but with this you just never know, we've experienced it in the past. It's so unpredictable." He said. „One step at a time, okay? First you gotta recover and then the doctors will do their tests, alright?"

I nodded slowly. „I guess, yeah...but I just can't stop thinking...what if the surgery failed? If I reject your liver...what if you went through this all for nothing?" I sighed.

„Let's say if something would not go according the plan, it still wouldn't have been for nothing. You needed that surgery, Y/n. You're alive because of it...and if something was wrong, it bought you some more prescious time to figure out a new plan." He told me. „Don't worry though, my love. I'm sure it'll be okay." He smiled a little.

„Okay...thanks."

*

It's been 4 days since the surgery today. Harry and I were up walking around on our own. Slowly, but surely and we were finally able to walk around hand in hand through the hospital or even outside. Both of us were recovering really well according to the doctor as every test they did on us was good and everything was as it should have been.

I could tell already the large difference between how I felt before the transplant and now, but I knew chemo was still making me feel worn out and I also knew it probably wasn't over with the treatment just yet.

„I'm so sick of being here, I just wanna go home." I admitted when we just got back to our room from our short walk to the cafeteria.

„Yeah...me too..." Harry breathed silently, slowly sitting back down onto his bed. He was breathless, really pale, more than usually and pearls of sweat were forming on his forehead as he held onto his stomach, breathing slowly with his eyes closed.

„Babe, are you okay?" I asked him, not sure what to think of this.

„Y-yeah...just need a minute to...to catch my breath." He said and it sounded like it got worse.

I placed myself next to him. „Harry, what's wrong? You have to tell me if something doesn't feel right." I ran my hand over his back soothingly.

„It's just...it's just really hot." He breathed.

„I'll call a nurse." I grabbed the remote to press the call button.

„No, don't, I'm- I'm fine."

„You're not fine, Harry. Something's wrong." I ran my hand through his hair. „Babe, I'm gomna call someone, you're not okay." I then pressed the button. „Can you lay down?"

„Yeah." He nodded and slowly laid back down.

„Is everything okay?" Nurse Megan entered after a short knock on the door.

„Something is wrong with Harry. He's really hot and has a cold sweat on his forehead." I told her.

„I'm...I'm fine." Harry said silently, his eyes closed.

Megan frowned and went to check Harry's blood pressure before she checked his temperature. „Hmm." She frowned again. „You have a fever, I'll have to take some more blood samples and call the doctor." She said. „Blood pressure is a bit too high too."

„Shat does that mean?" Harry asked quietly.

„I can't do any diagnosis, you'll have to wait for the doctor, but it could be an infection which can happen after any surgery."

„Fuck, no." I said silently, not believing this.
Why was it always him? Why wasn't it just me? So he wouldn't have to go through all this shit.