Chapter 257

October 2018
**HARRYS POV**
We stayed like that for a while, Y/n's sobs only becoming more and more. She didn't let go of me, not for one second. Even when doctor Brooke came back in to further explain what was gonna happen now.
It was all a blur to me. I couldn't remember everything she explained, only bits and pieces.

I understood that Y/n had to undergo a procedure called a D&C that women sometimes needed after a miscarriage. It wouldn't take long, only a few minutes, but she would have to stay for a little while to get monitored before she'd be able to go home since she's also lost a lot of blood.

As if all of this wasn't hard enough already...

Again, everything just happened so damn fast. I couldn't even process anything when they ushered me out of the room to the waiting area, taking Y/n away from me.
She was scared, hurt and going through the worst thing possible right now and I couldn't be there.

I was alone in the waiting room, letting everything overcome me as I broke down, falling to my knees sobbing into the palm of my hands. This couldn't be happening. Not to us, not to her. She went through so much already.

Knowing we could go home not too long after the procedure, I needed my car, so I grabbed my phone out of my pocket, typing in my passcode through all the tears in my eyes and I called Jeff.

„Jeff, I'm at the hospital with Y/n and-...." I had to take a deep breath first, tonight's events slowly catching up on me. „I need my car. Could you please organize someone to get it and bring it here?" I asked, sighing.

„Why don't you have your car? And why are you at the hospital in the first place?"

„Please just do it." I said again and waited for him to answer before I hung up the phone.

„Mister Styles?" I turned around to face a nurse I hadn't seen before. „Your wife is resting in a separate room now. The procedure went well. You can go see her and take her home when she wakes up." She told me.

„That's- okay...thank you."

„She's in room 21 just down the hall." The nurse said. „I'm sorry for your loss." She said, looking at me sympathetically.

„I- uhm...thank you." I nodded with the tiniest fake smile I managed to show her and left the waiting area, making my way towards room 21.
When I entered, Y/n was asleep, her cheeks stained with tears.
I leaned down to kiss her forehead, running my hand over her arm while silent tears rolled down my cheeks.

She opened her eyes slowly and when she realized it was me, she instantly started to cry again.
I wrapped my arms around her body and pulled her up, holding her as close to me as I could. She buried her head in the crook of my neck, crying hard. I felt her tears running down my shirt and my heart ached for her, for us and for our angel baby that left us too soon.

„Our baby is gone, Harry..." She whispered.

„I know...I'm so sorry." I rubbed her back soothingly, my own tears still running down my cheeks. „Let's go home, okay? Rest there and- and try process this there." I tried to keep my voice as steady as possible. I had no idea how we would continue now. Living life normally seemed impossible.

She just nodded.

„I'm gonna get your papers and we'll leave." I told her, letting go of her and standing up from the bed.

„Harry..." She grabbed my hand to hold me back, her eyes pleading.

„I'll be back in just a minute, I promise."

„Okay..." She nodded, more tears running down her cheeks. I hated to leave her by herself for even just a second. She shouldn't be alone and let her thoughts take over.

I quickly went outside to the front desk to clear everything and went back inside the room where Y/n was still looking at the same spot on the wall in front of her as she did before.

„I'll help you up and we'll leave. Can you walk?" I asked gently. She still didn't look at me. She just nodded and I went to pick up the sheets and place my hands in her before I helped her out of bed.

She gripped my hand tightly and put all her weight against my body, too tired to keep herself upright.
We silently and slowly made our way outside to the driver that brought my car just now. He handed me the keys and I quietly thanked him before I helped Y/n inside and got in myself, heading towards our house.

The ride home was quiet. None of us said a word. Y/n stared into nothingness the whole time while silent tears just ran down her cheeks.
I hated this. This wasn't supposed to go this way.
I tried my best to be okay for her, to be strong and be there for her, but I was broken inside. I was miserable.

It was pouring outside now, the streets dark and cold.
When we arrived at home, I parked in the driveway and got out of the car. I went to Y/n's side, opened the door and picked her up, carrying her securely in my arms to the house, her head buried in the crook of my neck. I let her back down when I opened the door, stepping inside and getting reminded of the horrible scene happening earlier tonight.

I walked through the hallway, glancing to the kitchen and seeing the blood that was still on the floor. I shut my eyes, turning around where Y/n was stood as she followed me.

„Don't go in there." I said instantly. „Let's get you upstairs in bed." I placed my hand on her back, turning her around and guiding her upstairs to our bedroom.
She spaced out the whole time, not saying anything, not looking at me as I helped her change into her pyjama. She was lost in her thoughts.

„You didn't have any water for a while, you need to stay hydrated. Are you thirsty?" I asked her gently. She didn't respond, so I crouched down in front of her as she sat on the edge of her bed. „Sweetheart, are you thirsty?" I asked again.

She shook her head slowly, tears running down her cheeks again. „No."

„The doctor said you'd probably experience a bit of pain the next few days. Are you feeling any pain?"

„I don't feel anything..." She said silently, her voice cracking and my heart hurt even more.

„Can I do anything for you?"

More tears streamed down her face and she quickly went underneath her sheets, burying her face in her pillow while pulling her blanket up to her chest. Again, she didn't respond. She just silently cried.