Chapter 224

**HARRYS POV**
We were at the hospital with Y/n to see if chemo and radiation helped destroying the cancer a bit. They had her on a new study she was luckily qualifying for that was successful for many people with the same cancer, so this was honestly our last hope we had that would help her and today we'd see if it did start to work or not.

Y/n just had a CT scan and we were waiting in her room for doctor Russell to come back with the results.

We sat there impatiently waiting when he eventually knocked on the door and came inside with Y/n's results and chart in his hands.
I nervously sat beside Y/n as she held my hand while the doctor sat down across from us all.

„Alright, we've got the results of all your tests now and I can't believe I get to say this, but the new treatment is working."

„What?" Almost all of us said at the same time.

„It works?" I asked full of hope, tears brimming in my eyes already.

„It does, yes. It seems that the chemo and especially the radiation finally worked as well. The cancer in your lungs has shrunken immensely. It's shrunken a little in your lymph nodes as well. The new treatment has proven to work very well. The cancer hasn't spread anywhere else which is very good and we're very satisfied with how your treatment is going now."

All of us teared up in disbelief and I turned to Y/n who broke down in tears and pulled her in my arms. „Did you hear that? It's working." I whsipered in her ear as she hugged me tightly.

„This is incredible news, doctor Russell. Thank you so much." My mum said. „What's gonna happen now? Will she be okay?"

„We can't say that just yet, but we'll continue with the new treatment a bit more aggressively and see how it looks afterwards. I'd like to keep her here for the next two weeks to keep her on a strict treatment plan for almost every day." He explained. „Chances are very good with the new treatment. You'll still feel very weak and all that comes with that, but that's because of the treatment."

Y/n nodded, tears rolling down her cheeks. „Thank you so, so much."

„This is all you, Y/n. You're very strong. Always have been. You beat this twice already, you never failed to amaze me in how well you've always recovered, so don't give up. Keep fighting." The doctor said what made her smile a little and I could see this gave her the hope and strength she needed as I saw that little sparkle in her eyes that I haven't seen in so long and missed so much.

As soon as the doctor left the room, we all went to hug Y/n and couldn't believe that finally there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

I stayed the night with Y/n at the hospital and sat beside her on the edge of her bed. „You're not done fighting, sweetheart. Finally something positive." I pressed a kiss to the back of her hand.

She smiled at me, nodding. „I can't believe it. I know I shouldn't keep my hopes up just yet, but there is really a chance now." Her eyes filled with tears again.

„There is definitely a chance." I nodded with a smile. „You'll get better and everything is gonna be okay soon, I'm sure of it. You'll ring that bell, I just know it." I leaned in to kiss her lips.

She nodded again, not taking her eyes off of mine. „I love you so much, Haz."

„And I love you, my sweet angel."

„Do you think, I'll be able to go back home to the UK soon? We've been here for so long now and I miss our home." She admitted.

„I do too, lovie, but you can't travel just yet. You know what? I can bring you some British food tomorrow, some things you love so you feel closer to home." I suggested, cupping her cheek gently. „I can ask my mum if she could make some your favorite food. Would you like that?"

„I'd love that." She smiled, nodding. „Thank you, H."

„Of course, my love." I kissed her lips again. „Do you want me to bring anything else from home? So you'll feel more comfortable here fo the next two weeks." I wondered.

„If you don't mind, would you bring me one of your hoodies? They smell like you and I can sleep better having a part of you with me whenever you won't stay the night."

„Of course I don't mind, darling. I'll bring you some of them tomorrow."

„The green one?" She smiled brightly.

„The green one it is." I smiled back.

We talked about all kinds of stuff til late at night which made me happy, because she finally felt so hopeful of what the future held again, believing she could defeat this illness.

„Get some sleep now, sweetie." I stood up and moved to sit in a chair close to her bed, supporting myself up with my arms on the mattress.

„Are you gonna sleep like this?" She asked me.

„Yeah." I nodded.

„You're gonna mess up your back, Haz." She worried.

„It's alright, honey."

„You're gonna be in pain tomorrow, H." She tilted her head.

„I'll be fine, I swear." I chuckled.

„I know it's been a while since your injury, but I also know that it's bothering you at times and this will just make it worse."

„Baby, don't worry about me please." I said. „Besides where else should I sleep anyways?"

„Obviously next to me." She said, scooting to one side to make more space.

„Honey, no. This is your bed and I want you to be comfortable." I shook my head. „I'll stay here, it's fine."

„Harry you'll mess up your back. Get in here, there's enough space for both of us. Please. I wanna sleep next to you."

„Alright fine." I gave in, sighing and got up to take my shoes and hoodie off before I got to the other side of the bed and got in next to her.

Y/n wrapped her arms around me almost immediately and rested her head against my chest.

„I love you so much, H."

„Love you more, sweetie." I kissed the top of her head.

„Everything will be alright, right?"

„Yes. Everything will be alright." I nodded before I kissed her head again.