Chapter 239

March 2018
**YOUR POV**
It's been a few months. Three months to be exact. We celebrated Christmas and the New Year with our families and also Harry's 24th birthday last month.
I was doing way better. I was in rehab three months now and could feel my body getting stronger and my power coming back. I wasn't as skinny anymore, almost back at my previous weight which made me so happy. My skin wasn't pale anymore and it almost seemed like nothing ever happened, but I still had three more months to go which was fine to me as I knew it all helped.

I decided to go public with me being cancer free about a month ago what obviously made the media and fans go crazy, the paps desperately trying to get shots of me now which was pretty overwhelming at times.

Of course, Harry being as protective as he was, hired even more security every time we stepped out into public.

We were planning a lot for the wedding that was officially set for the end of July which was in four months. I couldn't believe we were finally at this point where we would actually plan everything. Not long ago, I thought this would never ever happen. It all seemed so far away.

Harry had a day off today and we were both at home. He worked really hard these past months and he'd shortly start the EU tour for his debut album, the one he didn't wanna do while I was sick. He'd be gone a bit more than two months and would be back a month or so before the wedding.
Most of it was planned anyway and if there had to be something done, he could just make the calls from wherever he was.

„Babe?" I called Harry from the kitchen downstairs. He was somewhere upstairs, probably in the study and it seemed like he couldn't hear me. „Harry?" I called again, making my way to the staircase. „Babe, could you please come help me for a sec?" I asked, making my way up the stairs. „I can't reach the top cabinet."

„Sure, I'm coming." He said, walking out of the study when I was almost at the top of the stairs already, but just when I was taking my next step, I somehow missed it and tripped, making me lose my balance and fall.

„Y/n!" Harry tried to catch my arm, but it was too late. I couldn't get a hold of the banister nor Harry's arm, making me fall all the way back down the stairs.

„Fuck me..." I said to myself when I eventually laid on the floor at the end of the stairs, holding my forehead.

„Y/n! Baby, are you okay?" Harry eyed me with a concerned look on his face, kneeling down next to me immediately after he ran down the stairs. He helped me sit up slowly.

„Not sure...I guess?" I breathed, trying to focus and realize what even happened as it all happened so quickly.

„Did you hit your head, sweetie?" He cupped my cheek.

„Don't think so. Maybe a little." I said.

„Does anything else hurt?" He checked my arms and legs.

„No, I think I'm fine. Probably just some bruises."

„Can you get up, love? I'll help you."

I nodded and placed his hands in mine, helping me up when I felt the pain in my hand. „Aaah! Wait stop! Oow damn it!" I let out, pulling back my left hand.

Harry gasped. „I'm sorry baby, what is it? What's hurting?"

„My finger, I think I twisted it or something. It hurts so bad." I breathed. „Fuck, it hurts so bad, Harry." I shut my eyes closed.

„I'm sorry, baby. Come on, let's get you up, I'll get you some ice." He pulled me up by my other arm and led me to the living room and onto the couch. „Here." He came back with an ice pack and a towel to wrap it around my finger.

„Fuck me, it hurts so much, H. It's throbbing so bad." Tears brinmed in my eyes, holding my hand up.

„I'm sorry, my love." He pressed a kiss to my forehead, holding the icepack in place. „Are you hurt anywhere else?"

„No, just my finger. I'm alright." I covered my face with my other hand, not even wanting to look at my finger, because I knew it hurt way too bad to just be a simple sprain. „How the hell could I be so clumsy and fall down the stairs? This is so embarrassing."

„No it's not, sweetheart. It happens and it could've been way worse, I'm glad you didn't hit your head too hard." He told me, kissing me again. „I think a doctor should take a look at that finger, babe. It doesn't look so good to me."

„I really don't want to." I sighed, frowning.

„I know you don't, but you can't even move it. Maybe it's not as bad as it seems right now."

*

„I can't believe it's broken." I huffed on our way back inside the house as we got home from the doctor.

„I'm sorry, darling. Didn't think it would actually be a fracture."

„Me neither and now I got to wear this damn splint."

„It's just for four weeks and it's only wrapped around your hand and fingers." Harry led me back to the couch.

„Still. It's just inconvenient." I rolled my eyes at my clumsiness. „Can you help me now with what I wanted before all this happened?" I stood back up.

„Stay, I'll do it." Harry said, sitting me back down. „Do you need anything?"

„Harry, babe, I broke my finger, not an arm or a leg. It's just a finger. I can walk and do things too, you know?"

„I know, I know. Just wanted to be helpful." He said almost disappointed.

„You are very helpful and the sweetest." I smiled up at him as I stood in front of him and got on my tip toes to kiss his lips. „You can help me with getting that bowl from the top shelf, cause you're a giant while I'm pretty much a dwarf next to you."

„You're not a dwarf." He giggled and went on to the kitchen to grab that bowl for me.

„Thanks very much. Love you."

„Love you more." He smiled with a giggle.