Chapter 279

July 2019
**YOUR POV**
A few days before we'd be on the Late Late show, Harry and I flew over to LA and got settled a at our house there. We'd just stay for the show and one or two days afterwards before we'd go back to London again.

Today was the day of the show and we both went to the studio kind of early to rehearse and get ready. Our stylists got us some matching outfits, a bordeaux red dress for me and Harry wore the matching suit with a white button up shirt underneath, the last three buttons were undone, making his tattoos peak through.

I watched him in our dressing room, standing in front of the mirror and fixing his hair that our hairstylist just did, probably not the way he usually did himself though as something bothered him.

„You look perfect, Haz, stop messing with your hair." I giggled, making him smile before he turned around to face me.

„And you look absolutely incredible." He came closer, placing his hands on my hips. „Can't believe I get to do this interview with my incredible, talented and beautiful wife."

„Stop it, Haz. You're making me blush." I smiled back, tilting my head at him.

„I mean it. I won't be able to concentrate on the questions with you looking so beautiful right next to me."

„You better behave, Styles." I warned him. „We're on television."

He shrugged his shoulders, grinning. „Can't promise anything." He softly kissed my lips as to not ruin my make up.

When it was time for us to go, James called us both on stage and we entered, smiling and waving to the crowd as we walked towards James. Harry being the gentleman he was, he let me go up to James first, making a little gesture for me with his hand. I gave James a hug and so did Harry before we sat down on the little couch next to his desk and waited until the crowd calmed down and stopped cheering.

„Y/n Y/l/n-Styles and Harry Styles everyone!" James said, making the crowd cheer again. „It's so great to have you here and also both of you together!" He sat down in his chair.

„It's great to be here, James." Harry said and I could only agree.

James looked down at his cards in his hand and then back at us. „How are you guys? I feel like I haven't seen you two in ages, because you always disappear! Harry, I last saw you at your shows here in LA and you Y/n finished your Europe tour back in March and then you just dipped."

„We've been good!" Harry said while playing with the rings on his hands. I crossed my legs as James stared at me and couldn't help but start laughing a little, because he was looking at me with this mischievous grin.

„Yeah, we are doing pretty good! It's been...uh, it's been quite a year." I answered, looking at Harry then back at James. „And we don't disappear! We got married last summer, you were there!" I laughed and the crowd started cheering again, this time even louder. „Then my tour started by the end of the year and ended last March." I told him honestly, obviously not mentioning all the shitty stuff that happened throughout the year.

I looked at Harry and he nodded with a handsome smile. „I guess afterwards we did kind of disappear a little. We just...I mean, I feel like there are times when we actually kind of get away from the world for a bit and it's quiet around us, but I mean we need that personally once in a while especially when one of us is away on tour for a while and we don't see each other at all." Harry said. „We just focus on spending some quality time together as a couple what's important in a relationship, I think that's very important looking at our jobs and what we do."

„Oh right! That is true and you make a beautiful couple, truly! How long have you been together by the way?" James asked us and I realized even though we were friends with him and his wife, he never really knew about our lives while growing up and how or when we got together.

„We're married one year now, just had our first wedding anniversary." Harry said with a proud smile.

„And how long have you been together before you got married? Never knew how you met." James grinned.

„Well..." I started, smiling at Harry. „Harry and I actually grew up together. We lived right next to each other and were like inseparable from the day I moved to Holmes Chapel. We went to school together and all and then at 14 years old, we got together and have been pretty much ever since."

„It's been ten years, quite a bit now." Harry added, still smiling.

„What a sweet love story. You two were meant for each other." James said, staring and smiling at us for a few seconds longer before he continued. „And you guys plan the future? Kids maybe?"

Harry knew I didn't want to answer that, that it still hurt a little and that we both just didn't wanna discuss this in public. I felt him placing his hand on my knee, soothingly running his thumb over it as he noticed I was getting tense about it.

„It's almost impossible to be in a relationship and not plan it with all the traveling we do for either tour or other things we have to be there for. We've been lucky to be able to spent a lot of time together and we enjoy every single second of it. To us, being together is the most important thing. We went through quite some ups and downs together, so it's nice to know I have Y/n who really cares about me, loves me and is here for me anytime I need her and the same goes for her. She knows I love her, that I'm here and that I always care." Harry said so beautifully and dodging the baby question at the same time.

He looked focused while talking, but as soon as he felt my gaze towards him, he blushed and started smiling like we were still in the early stages of our relationships.

Harry looked at me when he finished talking and I smiled at him thankfully.

„That sounds lovely." James smiled. „Now, we saw a clip of the two of you leaving the airport back in March. There was an incident with the paparazzi, what happened?"

„Oh yeah, that was something." Harry chuckled. „Basically we got mobbed by paparazzi on our way to our car and one guy hit me pretty hard in the back." Harry explained.

„Oh, that doesn't sound good at all! You were okay afterwards though, right?" James wondered.

„Well...let's say yes." Harry thought for a second before he answered. „Ever since I broke my back and had surgery, it's always a bit sensitive when something happens to it, so wasn't that great afterwards." Harry said, hoping people would start to get that this wasn't at all okay.

James kept on asking us questions until he asked this one question Harry knew would come up.

„So Harry...are you working on new music? A new album perhaps?"

Harry played it like he had no idea what James was talking about, his acting skills from Dunkirk making their appearance. Nobody knew about the making of Harry's second studio album, it was still very early for it to be announced.

Harry shrugged. „Sorry, James, I think my mum is calling me." Harry said, making me laugh instantly as he pulled his phone out of his backpocket. „Just give me a sec, please." He held up his finger in front lf James' face, pretending to answer the call in all seriousness.

James laughed as well, shaking his head. „Alright, alright! We'll be right back after a little break! Y/n and Harry everyone!" James announced.