Chapter 244

July 2018
**YOUR POV**
It was sometime during the dessert after dinner and us cutting our cake that Anne and my mum told us they wanted to say something quickly and got a microphone from the stage we had at the venue.
As soon as they had the attention from all the guests, Anne started to talk with my mum, standing right next to her, both of them holding some notes in their hands and that was when I knew this was gonna be emotional.

„I hope you have some tissues ready for me." I whispered to Harry, placing my hand on top of his.

„Had some ready just in case." He whispered back, pulling a little package out of his pocket and sliding it over the table in front of me.

„Hi everyone, we just wanted to say some things in honor of the bride and the groom, our children." Anne started talking with a smile on her face. „To my son Harry. On your wedding day, I want you to know how proud I am. As your mother, seeing you grown up and living your life is the greatest accomplishment to me. Watching you grow into the person you are has been so beautiful and I couldn't be prouder of you and everything you achieved in life ever since you left the house when you were 16. We've seen each other a lot less since then, but you're doing what you love most and I couldn't ever keep you from that. You've proven yourself many times, Harry and look at you now... To see how well you have done in life, marrying the woman you love most in this world makes, my heart happy." Anne looked at me and then back at Harry.

I looked to my side, seeing Harry visibly holding back the tears, but failing as some slowly fell down his cheeks and I leaned into his side to comfort him, wrapping my arms around his as I leaned against his shoulder.

„You are everything I hoped you would become and more. To see your joy and excitement today makes my soul rejoice. You may be given in marriage today, but you will always be my little boy. May you always find comfort in each other's embrace. May you remain healthy and be happy all your days. I love you, Harry." She finished and I gave Harry a big hug, knowing how much he loved his mum and how much it hurt him back then to leave and become a star.

„To Y/n...my sweet Y/n..." She looked at me and I got my tissue ready. „Today is a day you will always remember. The greatest in anyone's life. You've waited for this day a long time and now it's finally here and I hope it's as special as you always imagined it to be. It's a brand new beginning, the start of a journey with moments to cherish and treasure. I always treated you as one of my own and I hope that you loved growing up with us even during the hard times. You've had to go through a lot in your life, but you showed us all again and again, that you're stronger than anything that comes in your way and you always fight to get through it. Last year has been tough on you and it makes me even more happy now that life makes you happy again, that you get to do the things you love and and dreamed of and just live your beautiful life. I couldn't imagine anyone else marrying my son than you. You two were always meant for each other and I think everyone can see that. I love you, Y/n. Happy wedding day, sweetie." Anne finished, her voice cracking at the end as she amiled at me and of course, I couldn't hold back my own tears as they ran down my cheeks.

Anne gave the mic to my mum who smiled at me too. „I look at you at this moment so beautiful, so ready to face the world, but in my heart I'm thinking back to when I first held my little girl. I was so proud of you as I held you close. I counted all your fingers and kissed all your toes. You were an angel sent just for me. All that I hoped for and everything I dreamed." My mum started talking and immediately more tears fell, making me dry them with a tissue as I felt Harry rubbing my back soothingly. „I've let you down in life, I wasn't the mother you deserved to have and I'm deeply sorry for that, but I know you've had a wonderful life growing up with an incredibly loving family and I can see that you've grown into this beautiful, intelligent and successful young woman that you are. You achieved everything you've always dreamed of ever since you were a little girl. I've made mistakes, but I've always loved you so much and I'm so proud of you and everything you do. You're a star and you'll keep on shine in all your future accomplishments.
Today is your special day. Congratulations to you two and the beginning of your wonderful marriage." She finished. I never imagined her to say such beautiful words to me, but it meant everything to hear this from her.

„Harry..." She smiled at him, making me smile too as I watched him. „I hope you know what you mean to me. At first, I had no idea how special you would be and now I see as time goes by of all the people that only you could be the one, the one who took my daughter's hand. You were that little boy always playing outside our houses with Y/n. I watched you having the most fun as little kids and being inseparable. You were always a special boy any now I get to see you two married. To see the happiness you've brought this special woman I am so very thankful and my heart is filled with joy. I see a perfect couple, whose love so clearly shows. I have no doubts that you will make her the happiest woman on this planet, because I know you already do it everyday. I can see it." She finished what warmed my heart. „I wish the two of you a lifetime filled with joy and love. Happy wedding day."

Everyone clapped as she finished and they both came over to our table as we got up from our seats and exchanged many tearful and loving hugs.