Chapter 232

**YOUR POV**
That same night as we got to bed, I couldn't sleep. I laid in bed on my back, looking up at the ceiling, my hands crossed in front of my chest. I stayed like that for a while until I felt the bed shift a little and lips pressing against my cheek and that was when a tear escaped my eyes and slowly ran down my cheek until it fell on the bed.

„Why the tears, love?" Harry asked softly, wiping it away.

I shrugged my shoulders. „It doesn't seem real, you know? This was all I wanted this year...and now that I got the news, it doesn't feel real." Another tear fell.

„Baby, that's okay. We didn't expect to get this news today, so it probably just takes some time to sink in." He brushed the back of his hand over my cheek and I eventually turned to lay on my side so I'd face him.

„Probably, yeah." I nodded with a small smile.

„Are you happy, my love?"

„Of course I'm happy...and so incredibly grateful that I get to live." I told him. „I'm cancer free, that's all I wanted."

„I'm so happy too and so proud of you. You were so strong throughout all of it."

„You have to remember that you literally saved my life, H. Without your liver donation, I wouldn't be here now." I moved closer to him so I could kiss his lips.

„I did what I had to do. You are my everything, Y/n."

I smiled at that. „I can't wait to get back to my life soon."

„I can imagine." He smiled back. „You'll get to start the new year healthy. You'll soon be able to get back to singing and performing and you know what also?"

„What?" I wondered.

„Our wedding. We can slowly get to start planning it and set a date." He said, his smile even bigger.

„Yeah, I can't wait to properly marry you." I kissed his lips again.

„Me neither."

„I can't believe I get to ring the bell tomorrow." I admitted, sighing.

„Tomorrow will be the end of a hard year and the beginning of a new life."

„Yeah exactly." I smiled. „This year was hell. Only better things are to come now."

„Couldn't agree more." He kissed me tenderly.

„Soo, how is your back doing?" I then asked him, placing my hand on his waist. „When it last came up, it seemed like you didn't wanna talk about it."

„Yeah, because you shouldn't have to worry about this."

„I'm allowed to worry now, so let me. Listen, I know you've been upset about your back making you trouble for a while, I can see it." I told him. „Just talk to me."

„It's not that serious, really." He sighed.

„Come on, Haz." I ran my hand through his hair.

„Well, it's just now and then that it's kind of acting up and hurting, even more lately. I feel like it's gotten so sensitive the last few months and I have no idea why. Then that fall happened what made everything worse. I don't know, I've gotten used to it by now and I'm mostly fine, but sometimes it's just really unfortunate, especially looking at the fact it's almost been two years."

„Babe I'm sorry. I didn't know it was causing you problems." I said, playing with his brown curls that have gotten longer by now. „Is there really nothing that could help?"

„I've tried everything. Massages, Pilates, I've been going to my osteopath, working out and did physical therapy. I've done it all and nothing seems to help." He told me which made me feel so sorry, because I had no idea and he never really showed anything was wrong.

„It's not another inflammation in your nerves, right?"

„No, they would have seen it when I last went to get it x-rayed." He shook his head.

„Did the doctor say anything else about it when you went to let it get checked?" I wondered.

„Well, he did say that it's possible that it's gotten this sensitive because I already had a bad back before the accident." He said. „The other thing he said is that there could be a possibility it's the metal of the fusion and if that would actually be the case, they recommend to remove it." Harry explained.

„That doesn't sound good, H. Would you wanna remove it?"

„No, I don't wanna go through this again. I mean there would be so many risks. Either it wouldn't help or it would cause more pain. My vertebrae got crushed in the accident and it's only been two years when this should stay in for a lifetime especially after my kind of injury. They said taking it out could cause the vertebrae to fracture again and then I'd need a second spinal fusion. I just really don't wanna risk any of that." He explained. „I'd rather live like this then, at least I'm fine most of the time. Besides, the possibility of the metal being the actual problem is very small."

„I totally understand that, Haz. This isn't an easy decision and I'd honestly not do either. I'm sure there is a way to help the pain and give your spine some support."

„I don't know, it seems so hopeless at this point." He said quietly.

„Don't say that." I scooted as close as I could to him and wrapped my arms around him. „We're gonna look until we find something, I promise." I kissed his soft and pink lips.

He chuckled lightly. „Thank you."

„Now turn around so you lay on your stomach." I instructed him.

„Why?" He chuckled again with a smile.

„Just do it, trust me."

„Okay then." He moved and laid on his stomach. He wasn't wearing a shirt, just sweatpants.

I rubbed my hands against each other quickly to warm them up before I sat up and kneeled right beside him. I reached my hands out for his back and gently started to massage Harry's tense muscles. I was even more gentle in his lower back where the fusion was and soon enough heard him breathe out in relief.

„Does that feel better?" I asked him.

„It does. So much better honestly."

„Good." I continued for another while, feeling the metal rods underneath his skin when I kept massaging that part and it made my heart squeeze knowing he was in pain because of them. Before I finished, I leaned over and gently pressed some kisses to his back. „How does that feel?" I asked him afterwards when he turned back around.

„Quite literally amazing." He smiled at me before he pressed his lips on mine. „Thank you so much, baby.

„You're very welcome." I kissed him again. „I think I'm gonna try to sleep now. I'm really tired and kind of still need to process what happened today." I told him.

„Of course, sweetie. Get some sleep. Big day tomorrow." He smiled at me and I nodded. „If you need anything, I'll be in the study, writing a bit."

„Okay, thanks. Night, H."

„Good night, my love." He kissed my lips again one last time before he got up and turned off the bedside lamp, leaving the room afterwards.