Chapter 285

September 2019
**YOUR POV**
„Do you think it's time now? That it happened?" I I asked Harry when we sat on the floor of our bedroom, both of us leaning against our bed while waiting the usual three minutes as we stared at the white stick upside down on the floor in front of us.

„I hope so, but if it's not, that's alright, baby. No pressure, remember?" He reminded me gently.

It was the fourth time taking a test since we started trying for a baby. The last three were negative what was really disappointing. I mean, I was aware of the fact that it probably wouldn't happen right away, but for it to be real and see the negative sign on the stick broke a piece of my heart every time. I knew it was gonna be hard for me to get pregnant after the whole cancer thing and all, but actually going through those negative tests was so upsetting.

I nodded. „I know, but still. I mean I am late, so maybe..." I shrugged.

I felt Harry's lips on top of my head, leaving a soft kiss. „Let's see, just a minute left." He said softly and I nodded again.

That minute felt like the longest 60 seconds ever.

„Okay, it's time." I breathed, looking up at Harry who gave me a reassuring look.

I picked up the test and turned it around. Negative. Again.

I sighed, wanting to cry immediately.

„It's okay, love." Harry said with an even more soothing voice while he rubbed my back. „It's probably not the right time just yet."

„You always say that." I said in a lower voice, trying hard to hold back my tears.

„I know...we have to be patient. It'll happen soon, I'm sure." He moved to sit in front of me and kissed my lips.

„It's still disappointing." I said with a quiet voice, a small tear escaping my eye.

„Sweetie..." Harry tilted his head and reached his hand out to wipe it away. „It's disappointing I know, but we just started not too long ago. Don't be sad, baby...it'll happen." He promised, kissing me again. „Come here, my love. It's okay." He pulled me into his arms to hug me tightly.

I hugged him back, holding tight onto him. „I'm probably just way too impatient." I breathed against his chest.

„I understand, love. It's okay. It will happen wjen the time is right."

„You're right...yeah." I nodded, letting go of him. „I love you."

„Love you more." He smiled at me before kissing my lips again and getting up from the floor. „Wanna come to the studio with me today? I have a meeting with Jeff, but we can record some songs afterwards if you like." He suggested, knowing very well I needed a distraction and I was really thankful he brought it up.

„Sounds good, yeah." I nodded and got up on my feet as well, smiling at him thankfully.

After a shower and getting ready, Harry and I drove to the studio where I was working on some songs while Harry was busy talking to Jeff about his new album. He had told me that the first single would come out in a month. It was called Lights Up and it was such a great song. I heard the whole album already and listening to what new things and sounds Harry came up with was unbelievably amazing. It was something so different, but so Harry and I was sure everyone loved it as much as I did. Seeing him proud of his work and love it as well was something so sweet. He was more confident than when he released his debut album and couldn't wait to announce it in November.

„You know, we should really do a show together sometime." I suggested at some point in the afternoon while we were working on some songs together. Harry wanted me to throw in some vocals in a song he was working on. It wasn't gonna be on the new album, but he always wanted to try out something new, so that was what we were working on for the past few hours.

„We should." Harry nodded with a cute smile. „Maybe I can bring you out for some songs the night I'll do my show for the album release? If you like?"

„At your one night only release night? I'd obviously love to, H." I smiled back at him before he leaned in to kiss my lips.

*

In the late afternoon, I decided to head home as I pretty much got done with everything I had planned and also to prepare dinner for later. Harry meanwhile wanted to stay at the studio for another while, so I'd go home by myself.

„You can take the car, babe." Harry said when I was about to leave.

„But then how will you get home?"

„I'm gonna jog home. Didn't go for a run this morning anyway, so need to catch up on my workout." He told me.

„Are you sure?" I asked again. „I can call a cab or my driver. Or I can just wait for you."

„No, it's alright, love." He assured me with a nod and a cute smile before he stepped closer to press a kiss to my lips. „See you later, I'll be home in two hours tops." He smiled sweetly, cupping my cheek with one hand.

„Okay, see you later." I smiled back, getting on my tiptoes to kiss his pink lips again before I made my way out of the building and to the car to get home.

Getting home, I started making dinner which was homemade pizza that Harry and I both loved so much, so I started prepping everything while waiting for Harry to get home from his workout. The man just always had to do any kind of workout per day.

I messaged him just a little while ago when he'd be home and how long it would still take him so I'd kind of know when to out the oizas into the oven, but I haven't gotten a response yet.