Chapter 248

August 2018
**YOUR POV**
We got back from our honeymoon about two weeks ago and we've been busy ever since. Everything was so perfect being in our little just married bubble, but I was happy to really get back to it now.
I just announced the new album to the whole world a week ago which felt so good and I felt so proud of myself.

Putting this out just made me so happy.
Today I'd have an interview at the Late Late show  here in London with James Corden.
I would also perform my very first single off the new album that would come out at midnight tonight.

Harry came with me to the studio as kind of my emotional support as this was my first interview back. I was really nervous, but Harry kept calming me down while I got ready in my dressing room.

„My heart is racing I swear." I breathed, turning away from the mirror to face Harry who was sat on a couch in my dressing room.

„You really don't have to be nervous, love. You've done this like a thousand times already." He said as I turned back around to look at myself in the mirror when he approached me from behind and placed his hands on my shoulders. „You're gonna be great as always." He assured me, kissing the back of my head.

„What if I'm gonna cry? He's gonna ask questions about the cancer and all that. What if I can't keep it together?"

„Then that's fine. You're a person and you have feelings. If you have to cry because of it then that's what it is. It was hard for you. You know exactly how hard this was, so it's okay if you get emotional over it."

I just nodded, trying to breathe and calm down a bit because I'd soon have to go on.

Not long later, I got called as it was time.

„Don't think about it too much. You're gonna be perfect. I love you, baby." Harry told me again, kissing my lips.

„Thank you. Love you too." I said and left.

Everything kind of went really quick and before I realized it, I was walking out there after they announced my name and looking up at the crowd that was smiling at me, I instantly felt some kind of relief.
I waved at them and made my way over to James, greeting him with a hug.

„Welcome back, Y/n, it's so good to see you." He said with a smile what made me feel really emotional somehow.

„Thank you so much, it feels great to be here. To be back."

„It's bittersweet, isn't it? Three years ago you were back here for the first time again as well, just like you are now."

„It is, yes." I nodded with a smile.

„How are you doing, Y/n?" He asked me in a more serious voice.

„I'm very well, thank you. I'm healthy now, that's everything to me."

Everyone started clapping again as I said that which made my heart warm somehow.

„That's great, I'm really glad, Y/n." James said before he moved on for now. „Oh I just realized, you recently got married to no other than Harry Styles!"

„I did, yep." I held my hand up with the wedding ring on it, a bright smile on my face. „About four weeks ago."

„Well congratulations to you both. So what's your name now, Y/n Styles?"

„Thank you. It's Y/n Y/l/n Styles. I wanted to keep my name in it as well." I told him.

„See guys, Harry Styles is officially off the market for good." James turned to the audience, making everyone laugh a little. „Now, you're here today because of your new album that's coming out soon."

„Yes, it's coming out in a month, September 28th." I nodded proudly.

„There has been a rumor going around that it should have come out last year already? Is that true?"

„It is true yes. It actually should have come out mid last year." I told him. „I was done with it and about to announce the release date when I got the cancer diagnosis in February what stopped pretty much everything."

„I can't imagine how that must have been for you, Y/n." James said seriously again. „How did you find out it was back?"

„Well, since I already had it twice in the past, I have those check ups every now and then and that's when I got the diagnosis." I explained.

„I'm sorry you had to go through this. I heard about something that your husband, Harry saved your life?"

„He did. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him. At first it was just in my liver which got so bad to the point I needed a new one and then Harry donated me part of his what I'm so incredibly thankful for." I told him. „It was fine afterwards until it came back in my lymph nodes and kept spreading to my lungs. To be honest with you, it all got so bad, I didn't think I'd make it. I was dying...I thought I had to say goodbye to everyone." I told him with tears in my eyes, thinking back at that time and especially at that letter I once wrote to Harry which he never got to read, luckily. „But then suddenly a new treatment started to work which gave me hope and then in December of last year, I was in remission and I got to ring the bell." I finished explaining. „I'm telling you all this, because there are so many people suffering from this and it's always people loved by someone, people that don't deserve this and that want to live. In case any of you are fighting against this, please don't give up even if it seems undefeatable. That's what Fight Song is all about. Don't lose hope, keep fighting."

I actually didn't plan to say all this, but it just somehow came out and I was glad it did, because as I was in this situation, fighting, I was so lucky to have Harry as my whole support, but out there were many people that didn't have that, that probably needed someone to tell them that.

The audience erupted in applause what took me a bit by surprise as they didn't seem to stop until eventually they did and James kept on talking about other things regarding my album and tour until the interview was done and I would have just my performance left.