Chapter 233

**YOUR POV**
The next day while I got ready for the day and the following small procedure at the hospital in the afternoon, I still couldn't quite believe that the cancer was gone and that I would be alright. We could go back home to the UK so soon where we would celebrate Christmas and it made me so incredibly happy. After I got dressed, I made my way downstairs to meet Gemma and Anne who were making some breakfast. I wasn't allowed to eat anything as I had the procedure planned this afternoon, but it was fine with me since I wasn't that hungry anyways.

„Morning." I sat down on a barstool at the kitchen aisle.

„Morning, dear." Anne smiley at me.

„Good morniiing. Ready to ring the bell?" Gemma smiled, sitting down next to me.

„I think so, yeah. I'm really happy you'll all be there for it." I told her.

„I'm glad you're happy, Y/n. It's been a long time since we've seen you genuinely happy." Gemma said.

„Gemma is right, we missed your genuine smile." Anne agreed.

„I really am happy. Don't know when I felt like this the last time." I admitted. „By the way, where's Harry?"

„He went on a run a while ago, he should be back soon." Gemma told me.

„Okay." I nodded and not long later I heard the front door open.

„Hey." Harry appeared around the corner still out of breath and sweaty when he came to kiss my cheek, but I didn't mind.

„Hey, looks like you've done quite a route today." I looked up and down his tall figure.

„Yeah, did a longer one than usually." He said. „Are you feeling okay, love?"

„I'm alright, yeah." I assured him with a smile when he kissed me again.

„Good, I'll go take a shower. Be back in a minute." He informed us while he was already on his way upstairs.

*

„Are you nervous?" Harry asked me on our way inside the hospital that afternoon.

„Not sure to be honest. I think I'm more nervous about the fact that I'm free to go afterwards. It feels strange. I've been practically living here the past year."

„I know it's a bit weird, but it's good. The less being here, the healthier you are." He gave my hand a gentle squeeze.

„Yeah that's true." I nodded.

As we got up to the floor I had my appointment at, they checked me in and I had to wait in the examination room where it would take place. Anne would be with me during the procedure while Harry and Gemma waited outside where I'd get to ring the bell immediately afterwards.
It would be a thirty minute procedure of which I wouldn't feel anything while fully awake so I was relieved about that part even though I still felt a bit nervous about it.

Anne sat at one side of the examination bed while the nurse prepped me for the procedure and not long after, doctors Russell entered to start. Anne held my hand and rubbed her thumb over the back of mine while continuously talking to me to distract me from what was going on on the other side. I looked away and kept focusing on Anne. I indeed didn't feel anything, but the sounds of the instruments I heard and seeing the doctor and nurses all wearing their masks and gowns kind of freaked me out.

„Alright, I just have to bandage it and you're officially done and good to go." Doctor Russell eventually said, making me realize this was the last step and I didn't even notice the tear running down my cheek as I smiled at Anne.

„You did it, sweetie." Her eyes were glossy as she smiled back at me.

„Okay, that's it." The doctor said as he secured the bandage to my chest right over the incision. „As soon as the numbness goes down, you're likely gonna experience a bit of pain that can take a few days to go away, but it should heal soon and as I told you yesterday, in a week you'll be able go fly back home."

„That's great, thank you so, so much." Anne and I both thanked him for literally everything he did for me during my treatment as I stood up from the examination bed and put my cardican back on that Anne was holding in her hands for me.

„The only thing left to do now is ringing the bell. The nurses are already gathered outside waiting." The doctor smiled as he opened the door.

I got to ring the bell twice already in the past and they did this for everyone who finishes their cancer treatment and leaves the hospital cancer free. Nurses and doctors gather in the hallway and show their support what was an amazing feeling for everyone who got the good news.

As I stepped out and looked up at the crowd that had gathered for me in the hallway, I was quite literally shocked at first and then overwhelmed with love and emotions as I realized who the people were standing there and smiling.

I turned to Anne, tears brimming in my eyes. „Who-...who made this happen?" I asked her silently, my voice cracking.

„Who do you think?" Anne smiled. „Harry stayed up all night to plan this just for you." She whispered.

Harry was the sweetest and most caring person, planning this in one night just for me. I couldn't believe it when I turned back around, looking at all those familiar faces.

Obviously Gemma and Harry stood there, but next to Harry there were so many more. The boys were there...all of them, Niall, Louis, Liam and even Zayn which meant so much to me. Taylor came, standing next to the boys, smiling brightly. My mum was there what made my heart so full, but she wasn't alone. She came with the person I'd recognize everywhere...my sister, Sophie.

Behind all of them, there were more nurses and doctors, some of them that also treated me throughout this year, especially nurse Megan I recognized standing there.
As this wasn't enough of a surprise, they suddenly played Fight Song as soon as I approached the bell.

„Are you kidding me?" A tear eventually fell as this was all so special to me.
As I eventually stood in front of the bell and looked at it, I couldn't really believe it. I really did it. It was all over now. I turned to everyone standing behind me.

„Before I ring this bell, I just wanna say something." I started talking, hoping I wouldn't break down crying. „First of all, it's so great to see you all, I didn't expect this at all. Thank you so much." I placed my hands over my heart as I looked at all of them. „I just wanna say...a few months ago I wouldn't have ever imagined to get to this point...that I'll be standing here today, but here I am. I couldn't have gone through all of this without the support of you, my friends...then my family who stayed with us here in LA ever since my diagnosis and helped me out so much which I am so, so thankful for." I looked at Gemma and Anne. „But most of all I wanna thank my better half and my partner in crime, Harry." I looked at him and as soon as I saw his teary eyes, I couldn't stop mine from running doen my cheeks anymore. „You..." I spoke directly to him now. „You are just everything...thanks to you I'm standing here. You literally saved my life with what you did for me, H. Thank you for everything, I love you so much." My voice cracked at the last part. „Now to this..." I turned back to the bell.

It was the rule after finished chemo treatment to read what was written on the side of the bell before ringing it, so with tears running down my cheeks and my vision blurred, I read it out loud. „Ring this bell three times well its toll to clearly say my treatment's done this course is run and I am on my way." I finished the sentence and reached up to finally ring it three times.