Chapter 238

**YOUR POV**
It was two weeks before Christmas and I was out, just coming home from an appointment about my rehabilitation program I had in the afternoon. It was 6 o'clock and it was dark outside already, the street lights and the Christmas decorations of the city being the only things that lit up the streets.

I wasn't sure if Harry would already be at home too as he said he had a meeting earlier and would probably be at the studio later.
As I walked up the driveway, I saw that the house lights were off, so it was likely Harry wasn't home yet.
I went to unlock the door, opened it and stepped inside, stripping off my shoes and coat when I looked up further down the hallway and was stunned at the sight, a confused smile instantly appearing on my face.

„What the hell?" I whispered to myself when I looked at the small path built of lit up candles and rose petals.

„Harry? Babe?" I followed the path through the hallway until I got to the living room where I saw something even more beautiful

A heart shaped out of the candles and some more rose petals.
There he stood, right next to the heart, smiling and with a bouquet of flowers in his hands.

I smiled back at him, still incredibly confused. „What's happening? What is all this?" I chuckled.

„This is for you." He said, placing the flowers on the couch table before he stepped closer and took my hands. „I know I already did this exactly one year ago today in a far more special way than this, but I thought as it's been a whole year and as this is kind of a new start for you, I'd just ask again." He said and got down on one knee, making me feel so overwhelmed with love. „You're already wearing the ring...but Y/n my love, will you marry me?" He smiled.

„I'd say yes to marrying you all my life long, Haz." I said with tears in my eyes. „Of course, baby. I love you so much."

He got back up, cupping both my cheeks before He pressed his lips on mine. „I love you even more." He smiled.

„I can't believe you did this." I giggled when I looked at the heart in the living room again. „You didn't have to, you know?"

„But I wanted to." He kissed me again. „Hope you liked this little surprise."

„Oh please, I loved it. I didn't expect this at all. Thank you so much."

„Anything for you." He gently ran his hand through my hair.

„You're the sweetest, did you know that?" I wrapped my arms around him.

„Heard that before." He shrugged with a cheeky smile.

„Can I ask you something?" I wondered.

„Of course, sweetie." He nodded, letting go of me and I sat down down on the couch, Harry following me.

„Can we have the wedding in like 6 months? In summer? And set the date in June or July or something? The doctor said it would take about 6 months for me to get back to my life and I wanna recover first before we get married. Is that alright?" I asked him, hoping he was okay with it.

„Of course that's alright, love. I want you to feel 100% comfortable and okay." He told me. „I don't want you to feel pressured. Take the time you need until you feel ready, alright?"

I nodded. „Yes, okay. Thank you, H."

„No need to thank me, baby." He smiled reassuringly. „Now, I made dinner for this special occasion. Hope you're hungry?"

„I'm starving, dinner sounds amazing."

„Great, cause I made lasagna." He stood up, making his way to the dinner table where the it was beautifully set and he disappeared in the kitchen, shortly afterwards coming back with two plates of lasagna for the both of us.

„My god this smells delicious, Haz." I told him, but I didn't expect anything else anyways. Harry was a great cook and he loved it so much, especially trying out new things.
So when he took the time to cook, he did it properly and made everything from scratch.

It's been a while since we last had a dinner like this. Just the two of us talking and enjoying each other's company. It was so great.

„Thank you for this, Haz. It was all so perfect and the food was amazing." I told him after dinner as we sat in the living room together.

„You're very welcome, baby. I'm glad you enjoyed it." He smiled with tired eyes.

„Long day?" I wondered, scooting closer to him.

„Well yeah kind of. I didn't get a lot of sleep last night."

„Why that? Your back?" I asked him.

„No, no, I don't know to be honest. Just a weird night."

„Okay, if you wanna sleep, go to bed, honey." I told him, placing my hand on his arm and rubbing it gently.

„Not just yet, I wanna spend some more time with you." He assured me before he pulled me to his chest so we could cuddle.

„Haz?"

„Yes, beautiful?"

„Should I tell the fans about me being cancer free? I'm not sure when to go public with it." I admitted to him.

„That is your decision, sweetie. If you feel ready to let them know then do it. Just don't feel obliged to do anything. It's your choice, love."

I nodded at that. „I have to think about it."

„Do that, no pressure." He said again.

„Thanks."

After a while of watching tv, I noticed Harry had fallen asleep as he lightly snored away. I slowly got up, trying not to wake him and grabbed a blanket, laying it over his body so he wouldn't freeze. I didn't wanna wake him up again as he said he didn't get a lot of sleep so I softly kissed his forehead and made my way upstairs to the bedroom.