Chapter 226

**HARRYS POV**
It was sometime later in the afternoon when I got a text from Y/n that I should get back to the hospital immediately. As I instantly thought of the worst, I sped back there and ran up to Y/n's room, before I quickly got in where she already stood at the door, waiting.

„Babe, what happened? What's wrong?" I breathed.

„First of all, sit down and breathe before you need your inhaler." She made me sit on the edge of her bed. „Nothing's wrong." She assured me right afterwards.

„God, I was scared something happened." I finally breathed of relief. „You gave me a heart attack."

„Sorry, I didn't wanna scare you." She said as she stood in front of me. „I just have to tell you something in person. Some news. The doctor talked to me earlier."

„He did? What did he say?" I asked concerned.

„He said that the treatment has been going really well, just as they wanted it and when he showed me my new scans, he told me that the cancer in my lungs is now gone. The treatment destroyed it all. It's just the lymph nodes now." She told me, tears pooling in her eyes and her voice getting quieter as she choked back a sob.

„What?" My features softened. „Really?"

She nodded quickly. „Really."

„My god, Y/n...sweetie." I stood up and wrapped my arms tightly around her before I picked her up from where she stood and she wrapped her legs around my body. „This is the best news ever. I'm so fucking happy, my love." Tears pooled in my eyes as well. „I told you it was gonna be okay by the end of the month. You're gonna win this battle, love. You're gonna win and you're gonna live." I said, pressing her against my chest.

„This is the first good news I got in such a long time. I can't believe it." She sniffled.

„It's only getting better now, sweetie. It's all gonna be alright from now on." I soothingly rubbed her back, rocking to the left and right with her in my arms as I took this moment in. „I'm so proud of you, my love. So, so proud." I let her back down on the floor and cupped both her cheeks to press my lips on hers.

„It's gonna be okay." She whispered with a teary smile as she looked into my eyes and I nodded, returning the smile. „I love you so much, Harry."

„I love you more." I kissed her again. „What does that mean regarding your treatment now?" I asked her as she sat down on the edge of the bed and I placed myself next to her.

„Well, they said I can go home for now and they wanna continue with the same treatment but less aggressive as of now, because my body needs to kind of rest after this many weeks of intense treatment. I'll have to do another two cycles I think that will take two more months. So I'll have to go in and get properly tested again in December." She explained. „And the doctor said if it keeps working as it does...I could be in remission by the end of the year."

„Baby, that's amazing news. You'll get to come home, that's great, love and the treatment will keep working and you'll be in remission soon, I'm sure. We'll celebrate into the new year with you being healthy."

She nodded slowly and I could tell she still didn't wanna 100% believe it which I understood as she was scared. Everything could still happen at this point.

„In December, I really may or may not find out if the cancer is gone..." She said silently as if she didn't wanna say it too loud to jinx anything.

I nodded with a smile. „It's over soon." I assured her. „You've come so far, you've kicked cancer's ass and you'll keep doing that until it's completely gone."

She nodded, hugging me again tightly as she let out a breath of relief before she let go of me again.

„When can you go home today?" I asked her.

„They're preparing the paperwork and the nurse said she'd have to prepare my medication first." She told me.

„Okay then. Have you packed everything already or do you need help?"

„Everything's packed. I can't wait to leave this room and finally go home in our bed with you next to me." She smiled.

„I can imagine. Missed you so much at home." I kissed her cheek.

„Just please tell me there aren't any paps outside." She worried.

„No paps." I assured her. „No one knows I'm here, but do you want me to call my security just in case?"

„No, it's fine. Thanks." She shook her head.

„Okay."

„You know, if this is really all over by the end of the year...we can finally have our wedding next year." She said quietly.

„And you're gonna plan it just like you always wanted." I said, rubbing her back.

She looked up at me and just smiled before she leaned into my side, resting her head against my shoulder.

Not long later, they came in to give Y/n her medicine and her release papers. I grabbed her bags and held my hand out for her go take which she did. „Do you need a wheelchair so you won't have to walk?" I asked her.

She shook her head no. „I can walk, I'll be fine."

„Are you sure?"

„Yeah, I'm sure." She nodded. „I just wanna leave and get home."

„Okay then. Come on, love."

We started walking through the hospital, took the elevator down to the first floor and got out into the parking lot where I went to open the door for her and helped her in before I got in and we finally drove home.

I texted my mum that Y/n was getting released from the hospital a while ago already so she'd know what was up.

My mum and Gemma had stayed here with us ever since Y/n got the diagnosis and I was so incredibly thankful for that, because I had no idea how I would have done this all by myself with her and everything that happened along the way. They were the best honestly. I couldn't imagine having a better family than them.

When we got back home and Y/n got settled again in our bedroom, in the surroundings of our own comfortable and warm house, I could tell it made her feel a big better already.