Chapter 229

**YOUR POV**
I had no idea why, but the next night was horrible. I couldn't seem to fall asleep anytime soon and when I finally did, I woke up to feeling incredibly nauseous again, making me jump out of bed and back to the bathroom where I emptied my stomach over the toilet bowl. I felt awful.

„Babe? Are you alright?" I heard Harry's voice from the bedroom.

„'M fine." I called back quietly. He probably didn't even hear me.

„Hey, what's wrong?" He came into the bathroom, kneeling down next to me.

„Felt sick again." I breathed, leaning against the bathroom wall. „Sorry, I didn't wanna wake you up."

„It's okay, sweetheart. Do you want some water?" He asked softly before he tied up my hair so it wouldn't fall into my face all the time.

I shook my head slowly before the nausea came over me and I threw up again.
I felt Harry's hand rubbing my back instantly, trying to soothe me as tears filled my eyes before I fell back against the wall again.

„I just want this to stop." I said silently, tears running down my cheeks.

„It'll stop eventually, my darling." Harry sat against the wall next to me and pulled me into his lap so my back leaned against his chest. „Are you hurting somewhere? Besides the nausea?"

„No, just the nausea." I sighed.

He placed his hand on my forehead from behind. „You seem really hot though. You may have a fever. You know what that means, love."

„No, please I don't wanna go back to the hospital Harry. Please." I almost begged him. „Please, H. I just got home, I can't go back."

„How about we see how you feel the next few days and if you get worse we'll go back. If not then you can stay at home."

„Okay...yeah." I nodded, resting my head against his shoulder just before I had to throw up again for the third time. Harry quickly stood up and got a glass of water together with a wet and cold cloth before he sat back down on the floor against the wall, handig me the water.

„Thanks." I breathed, tears leaking from my eyes. „I need to lie down."

„Do you wanna go back to bed?" He asked me gently.

„No, I'm scared I'd have to throw up again. I'll stay here. Go to sleep of you want, I'll be fine." I told him before I drank my last sip of water.

„I'm not gonna leave you by yourself, baby." He said. „Here, lie down on my lap." He patted on his outstretched legs.

„You don't have to do this."

„Lie down, sweetie. You haven't slept all night." He insisted, so I did what he said and rested my head on his thighs while he continuously brushed his hand down my arm.

„Thank you. I love you." I said silently.

„Of course, my love. Love you more."

I fell asleep not long later. Finally, I got some sleep, the sleep I so desperately longed for.
Eventually, as the sun was already shining through the curtains in our bedroom, I woke up only to realize I had slept all night on Harry's legs on the bathroom floor. Harry was still sat against the wall, asleep and I instantly felt bad. Because of me he had to sit in this position on the hard floor all night long while I slept on him.

I sat up, looking at him first, knowing this was no good for his back before I gently cupped his cheek.

„Harry?" I spoke softly so he'd wake up, which he did a few moments later.

„Are you- are you feeling better?" Was the first thing he asked as he straightened out his back which I could tell was sore from the position he was in all night.

„I do, thanks for staying, but Haz, I feel so bad."

„Why is that?" He frowned as he attempted to stand up, but by the pained expression in his face and the hand that instantly flew to his back just confirmed it.

„Because of that. You sat here all night because of me and now you're in pain. I should've known better." I sighed.

„Baby no, I'm fine. See?" He stood up on his feet with the same expression on his face he just had a minute ago. „Just a bit stiff, but I'm fine." He stretched his back and I heard the bones crack while he did.

I got back up on my feet as well. „Please go lie down, H. This couldn't have possibly been good for you."

„I'm fine, Y/n." He said again, his face telling otherwise though. He walked out into our bedroom, his hand still on his back.

I followed him out. „Sit down, H." I commanded and eventually he gave in and sat on the bed. „Lie down and get some proper sleep.

„No, I'm okay." He said again when I stood in front of him and he placed his hand on my forehead again. „You're still a bit warm, love. How are you feeling?"

„Not sure to be honest. A bit dizzy and just tired." I admitted.

„You need to rehydrate, sweetie." He stood up again. „I'll get you some water and a thermometer to measure your temperature."

I sighed as he made me lied down. I did feel like shit, even worse than last night and I hated it.
Harry left the room and came back only a few minutes later with Anne.

„Y/n, dear, Harry told me you weren't feeling so good?" She asked as she sat down on the edge of the bed.

„Yeah. I don't know what it is. I just feel so weak. I felt so good the last few days and now I feel like everything is changing again." I told her before she put the thermometer in my mouth and took it out again as soon as it beeped.

„No fever, that's good." She said. „You know, they said you can have good days in between, but you have to remember that your body is going through a lot right now, fighting something very aggressive. Your immune system isn't what it was before and the chemo weakens your body. You're fighting cancer and it's not over yet, darling." She told me which made me realize she was right and this illness was still happening.

I just nodded and buried my face into my pillow, hoping she wouldn't notice the tears that were slowly falling down my cheeks.

„I'm gonna make you some tea." She said, rubbing my arm quickly before she left.

I wiped some of my tears away as Harry crouched down in front of me, placing his hand on my waist. „Hey, sweetie, don't cry." He said softly, but his voice just made me cry more. „My love." He got up and sat on the edge of the bed. „Look at me." He soothingly rubbed my back.

„I want this to be over, Harry." I sniffled when I sat up. „I'm so done with this."

„I know, baby. I know you are." He pulled me into his arms. I held tight onto him as some more quiet tears ran down my cheeks. „I'm sorry you're feeling poorly, but don't forget what the doctor said. If the treatment keeps working, the cancer will go away even more. Keep going, honey." He told me. „Just a little more patience."

„I know...still feels so far away right now though." I said when I let go of him.

He wiped my tears away. „It'll be over sooner than you think. I promise." He kissed my lips.