~~ Prologue ~~

Alessia and Olivia met in 2013 whilst playing for England's under 15's.

With both girls being strikers, there connection on the pitch was incredible. Both girls thought so much alike and so assisting one another when playing up front, was so easy for them.

Within a few weeks of knowing each other, liv and less both found themselves falling for each other.

Just before Liv turned fifteen, after 4 months of keeping it all in, she admitted her feelings for Alessia.

Liv being a nervous wreck, started waffling on about how she understood if Alessia didn't like her back.

But to Liv's surprise, instead of a yes or no answer, she got a gentle kiss from Less, which stopped Liv from rambling on.

After that, both girls got closer and closer and on their six month anniversary, less told liv that she loved her. Of course liv said it back, in fact liv had been waiting to saying it but was too nervous.

In the summer of 2017, when both girls were seventeen, they were offered scholarships to the university of North Carolina all the way in America.

They travelled out there during that summer and fell in love with the place, immediately accepting the scholarships.

It turned out that a close friend of theirs and England teammate, Lotte Wubben-Moy, had also accepted a scholarship at the same university so Lotte became a sister to liv and less due to the amount of time she spent with them.

Playing alongside one another was one of liv and less' favourite things.

Before every match, they would share a kiss. It had become a superstition at that point.

Every time liv would score, she would go running to less and every time less scored, she went running to liv.

In their first year, liv was the top goal scorer for the tar heels with 21 goals.

The summer of 2018 was a big year for both of them.

The FIFA under 20 women's World Cup was held in august.

Although they didn't win, they came third and as much as everyone was saddened by their loss, every player felt a sense of pride.

In their sophomore year, Their footballing dreams were becoming real for the both of them.

Less was on fire, she was scoring almost every match and so was liv.

Liv was given a massive opportunity by their coach and was offered the position of captain. He had seen amazing leadership skills in her and when the captain and vice captain graduated, it was time for him to choose another captain, and liv was his first choice.

Liv was so grateful for the opportunity and less was so happy and proud of her. She was so proud that she made liv remember that night forever.

Later on in the same year, they were playing a match against Wake Forest And in the fiftieth minute, less went down on the pitch.

Liv stayed by her the entire time, refusing to let go of her hand.

It was confirmed later that Alessia had broken her leg and required surgery on it.

She was out for months. It was such a hard time for her but Olivia helped her get through it all.

It was the small gestures, liv bringing home flowers every week, taking her for late night drives, cuddling up at night and watching a movie.

The following year, they graduated with their degrees and made their way back to England, where they would be welcomed into their new clubs.

Liv was offered a contract with Manchester City, whereas Less was offered a contract with Manchester United.

It was an exciting time for both of them. They managed to find a small apartment for them to live in that was equal distance away from both their training grounds.

At first it was hard as they had very little time to actually spend time with each other.

When one didn't have training, the other one did.

Somehow though, they made it work and treasured that time they did have together. Wether it be going out for dinner, or cuddling in bed, or even dancing in the kitchen when they should have been cooking.

That same year less and Liv were called up to participate in the SheBelieves cup in the US for England's women's senior team.

In England's second match against Japan, Liv was brought on in the 69' for Beth England.

In the 83', Toni Duggan manages to intercept the ball and crosses it in for Liv who finished with a simple kick into the goal. That goal made them win the match.

As soon as the match ended, less ran onto the pitch and tackled liv into a hug, resulting in them falling onto the floor.

The following match, less made her debut against Spain. Spain ended up winning the game but liv was so happy to see her girlfriend playing for their country.

Both girls were living their dreams. Both professional footballers.

They were happy at their clubs and they were even happier that they were playing for their country's senior team.

But the thing that made liv and less the happiest, was the fact that they had each other.

When they first got together at fourteen, everybody thought that it was just some teenage love that was bound to fail, but that wasn't the case with less and Liv.

They had been together seven years and their love was no where near fading, in fact it got stronger and stronger each day.

They were a power couple and no one could stop them.