~ thirty four ~

Olivia's pov

Our final match before the euros was today.

It was against Switzerland.

To make it extra confusing for people, me and less were both playing up front.

We re watched the match against Netherlands and it was so funny when me and less passed to each other.

The commentators got so confused. Just hearing how they called me Olivia Russo, made me so happy.

————————

During the first half, just like the last match, nothing major happened.

A few fouls and shots were here and there but nothing major that was worth talking about.

Just before half time though, less fouled a Swiss player and got a yellow card. My main concern was less though.

Although she was the one that tackled the other player, she also took a pretty hard fall but she got straight up and went to check on the Swiss player.

The half time whistle blew and we all made our way to the changing room.

After a drink and a speech from Sarina, it was already time to head out to the pitch again.

————————

Ten minutes after the second half began, less scored the first goal of the match.

Leah had passed a long ball to me, and I crossed it in to less who headed it in.

The funny bit was that after she headed it, she couldn't stop running and ran into the advertisement board.

I laughed and ran to hug her.

"Baby, only you would do that. Are you okay?" I say as we pull apart

"I'm fine. I couldn't stop." Less laughs and I kiss her head as we head back to our positions

In the 60', four changes were made:
Beth England on for Alessia Russo
Ella Toone on for Fran Kirby
Jess Carter on for Alex Greenwood
Chloe Kelly on for Lauren Hemp

I side hug less, and kiss her cheek before she walks off.

During the 71', Chloe crosses it into the box and I volley it. However, a defender manages to block my shot.

During the backlash of the block, I get pushed to the floor, resulting in a penalty.

Again, I was chosen to take the penalty.

As I place the ball on the penalty spot and walk backwards, I decide where I was going to shoot. The bottom left hand corner.

After a moment of the referee talking to the Swiss players, she blows the whistle and I run up to the ball and shoot.

The goalkeeper goes too late, and by the time she reaches the left corner, it's already gone in. 

Just after all the celebrations, there was an announcement that I was being subbed off for Nikita.

I run over and give Leah the arm band before running to Nikita and high fiving her.

I walk over to the spare chair next to less and rest my head on her shoulder.

"Don't hug me. I'm all sweaty." I tell less as she goes to wrap her arms around me.

"I'm your wife. I don't care if you're all sweaty, I just want a hug." Less says and I smile as she says I'm her wife. "Why are you so smiley?"

"I'm your wife, you're my wife." I explain

"Have you only just realised that? We've been married for over a month now."

"I know, but we've never really had a reason to actually say that we're married." I explain

"Well, in that case. Livvy, my gorgeous wife, may I have a kiss?"

"Of course you can, my wife." I smile as we both lean in.

"Ugh!" Beth fake gags as she hears our entire conversation.

"Shut up, Beth!" I state as I continue to cuddle into less.

In the meantime, Beth England had scored another goal from a corner.

Jill Scott goes on for Georgia and scores a goal in injury time.

The game finishes 4-0 to us and after, it was announced that lessi had got player of the match.

I give her a long, gentle kiss before congratulating her.

————————

It was officially time to get into serious game mode.

The euros start in less than a week and I was so ready for it.