~ Nine ~

Olivia's pov

My second match as captain was today. It was against Latvia and the fact that we won against them 10-0 last month, made me have very high hopes for this match.

We had travelled down to Doncaster yesterday and had our last training session as the match was today.

Everyone was in such good spirits as they were all confident that we'd win and so was I.

We had already arrived at the stadium and so we were all waiting in the changing rooms to walk out.

Me being number 23 today meant that me and less were sat next to each other in the changing rooms. Less was playing as number 22 at the moment.

We were yet to share our superstitious kiss and so after she was finished getting ready, she stood still and put her hands around my waist as I picked up the captain armband.

"Here. Let me put it on for you." Less says and takes it from me.

"Thank you, less." I kiss her cheek as she puts it on.

"I have a really good feeling about this match."

Everyone then started leaving the changing rooms to either line up or go to the bench, meaning that me and less could kiss now.

"Good luck out there, captain." Less says after we kiss.

"You're coming on later, I just know it." I tell lessi

We walk out of the changing rooms and whilst less heads to the bench, I go to the front of the line behind everyone else.

We head out onto the pitch and sing the national anthem and have a team talk.

————————

A/N: Liv will be scoring other people's goals, and more.

The match kicks off and within three minutes, Beth Mead had managed to score.

We all go running to her, enveloping her in a hug.

Just 3 minutes later, Georgia passes to me when I'm outside the box and I shoot. It curls right into the top right corner. 2-0.

In the 9', Georgia crosses it into me again and I tap it into the goal. 3-0 before the tenth minute!

That 3-0 didn't last for long as Beth manages to get the ball again and scores another goal. 4-0 in the 12'.

The 18', Georgia crosses it again to me and just like before, I tap it into the goal.

I run to Georgia, who was already waiting to hug me. She had assisted me on all three goals.

Everyone else comes and hugs me before we quickly reset.

Unsurprisingly, in the 23', Beth scores her third goal. I cross it into her and she headers it into the back of the net. 6-0.

A lot didn't happen except from failed shots until the 42' when Ella decided to shoot from range and it goes into the bottom right corner.

I run to her and wrap my arm around her shoulder.

Only two minutes later, Beth crosses it into me and I header it into the net. It was an identical goal to which I had assisted her earlier on.

At half time, it was 8-0. Sarina said that loads of changes were coming and at that point, I knew less would be coming on at some point.

————————

The second half kicks off and Ella gets subbed off for Jordan and Millie gets subbed off for Jess.