~ one hundred and fourty six ~

Olivia's pov

After winning the North London Derby against Tottenham, thanks to lessi scoring, and also a 4-0 win against Villa, me getting a hat trick and getting through to the conti cup final, it was time to play Chelsea.

When we arrived at Stamford Bridge, we went into the changing rooms and it was announced the kit man had forgotten our socks.

The game was delayed and they bought us Chelsea socks from the Chelsea shop.

It was hilarious to see Leah's reaction when she found out.

At one point, I thought she was going to have a temper tantrum.

It was perfectly timed as well because as soon as they came into the room with the socks, Maisie started crying her head off.

And to add the cherry on top, We had to tape the Nike logo on the socks because we're sponsored by adidas and Chelsea are sponsored by Nike.

————————

"Chelsea fans are we, cap?" Millie asks as we line up in the tunnel.

Mills was still out with a knee injury but she was sitting on the bench and was walking out with Sam Kerr.

"You wish, Mills. You doing okay? How's your knee?" I ask, hugging her.

"I'm alright thanks, Liv. Knees getting there. Should be back soon. We'll catch up after the match, okay? I wanna see the munchkins." Millie says and I nod my head in agreement before she walks off.

————————

The game started and it was just as physical as last time.

The game was similar like the last time we played Chelsea, but I knew that Chelsea were going to be the better team.

It also showed when LJ scored the first goal of the game.

After a decent ball through to her, LJ took a shot, Manu saved it but it went over her and into the goal.

We were quick to equalise though.

Just two minutes after the game restarted, Steph played a ball through to me.

I made the run onto the ball and was 1 on 1 with Hannah.

I trick her into thinking I'm going left before quickly turning to the right, smashing it into the goal.

I run to the corner before sliding on my knees, tapping the Arsenal badge.

The score doesn't stay 1-1 for long.

Nüsken scored for Chelsea followed by her scoring another one just minutes later.

The rest of the match was hell.

It was safe to say it was one of our worst performances of the season.

To make it 3-2, we score a goal from an own goal but even then, there was hardly any point celebrating.

We were all too disappointed to.

The final whistle blew and we all shook hands with the Chelsea players.

The team knew it was going to be a hard few weeks on the lead up to the conti cup final against them.

But that's what was good about this match.

We get to learn from our mistakes and get revenge on them in the final.