~ seventy two ~

Olivia's pov

The last week has been crazy.

After a tragic loss to Australia, me and less made our way back home to Manchester.

A couple of days after that, Manchester United were playing arsenal and I had gone to watch less play.

Unfortunately, Leah went down with a non contact injury in the 15'.

As soon as she went down, my mind went to that dreaded three letter word injury.

She soon got up and walked to the tunnel.

Less managed to score the winning goal of the match just before half time.

Like all the other times she's scored, she blows three kisses towards me.

Soon after the match ended, it was confirmed that Leah had ruptured her ACL and that she would no longer be able to play in the World Cup this summer.

————————

"I can call in sick today, baby." Less tells me

Last night was a really bad night.

I constantly felt sick and I couldn't get comfortable.

Lessi kept wrapping her arms around me, trying her best to comfort me, but even that couldn't help.

By the morning, I think I had twenty minutes sleep and I was exhausted.

"No, it's okay, lessi." I say

"Yeah, but baby, you're exhausted. Anyway, it will give me more time to finish building the cribs." Less points out

"I don't want you missing training just because I'm tired." I tell her

"Baby, can I please take the day off so I can look after my pregnant wife?"

"Fine." I pause. "Thank you."

"I'm just doing what I should be doing, baby. You don't have to thank me." Less kisses me. "Go to sleep, my love. I'm right here." She gently rubs my bump and I go straight to sleep.

————————

When I wake up, I wake up alone in bed.

I slowly get out of bed, holding my back to support it as I walk towards the spare bedroom.

In there, I find a very hot looking less, in a sports bra and shorts, building the second crib.

"Hey there, sexy." I comment, standing in the doorway.

"Hi, baby. I'm nearly finished with this one now. How was your sleep?"

"It was good, thank you. They actually let me this time without kicking." I tell her

"That's good, my love. Do you want me to make you some lunch?" Less asks, kissing my stomach as she stands up.

"It's okay, baby. I'll do us some lunch. What would you like?"

"I'm doing lunch. Not you. You go sit down."

"I can make lunch, lessi." I tell her

"I know you can, but I don't want you to. I can tell your backs hurting. It won't take long, just let me make us some lunch." Less kisses my cheek as we make our way downstairs. I sigh in defeat as we go our separate ways, she goes to the kitchen and I walk into the lounge.

————————

After lunch, less heads back upstairs and continues to build the cribs.

We had done everything in the nursery now.

Once lessi had built the cribs, the nursery would be complete.

LivARusso

Liked by alessiarusso99, ellsbells89, and 89,476 others

We're ready for you baby girls 🤍🤍 @alessiarusso99

View all 635 comments