~ one hundred and four ~

Olivia's pov

After the match against linköping, we continued to train in Sweden.

We were playing Paris FC at the same stadium as the last match.

————————

"You've got this, okay baby? I know you're not starting but with your form at the minute, you'll definitely be subbed on. Me and the girls are sat just behind the subs bench. We'll be cheering you on no matter what." I tell less in the changing rooms

"Thank you, my love." Less smiles at me

"I love you so much, lessi." I whisper in her neck as I hug her.

"I love you too, liv." Less says. The team was then called to the tunnels to line up so I head out towards the crowd to find my seat.

————————

Like the previous match, at half time, it was 0-0.

Paris were just as good as arsenal were meaning that they had just as much possession and chances.

The second half starts and in the 56', one of their players score. Just a minute later, she scored another one.

The scoreline wasn't looking good but Jonas was preparing to make loads of subs, and they could easily change the game around.

Victoria Pelova came on for Lia Wälti.
Lina hurtig came on for Caitlin Foord.
Katie McCabe came on for Noelle Maritz.
Alessia came on for Stina Blackstenius.

The game continued and after constant struggle to try and attack, arsenal got their first goal.

It wasn't any player who scored it though. It was less. It was her debut goal for arsenal.

She had tackled the ball off a player when she was in the left side of the box. She then shot and it hit the goalkeeper and still went in.

Because it was the 80' and everyone was in a rush to score an equaliser before full time, not much celebrations happened.

I saw her look up and I blew her kiss in which she returned a smile and a light blush appeared on her cheeks.

During the 96', Katie did a long pass into the box and luckily, Jen Beattie was there waiting for it. She headers it into the goal, meaning that they were still in the game.

Extra time then came around Paris go in the lead once more. They score their third goal in the 106'.

However, their lead doesn't last long.

Less picked up the ball outside of the box and travelled with it so she was in a more central position.

She then dribbles past a defender before shooting from outside of the box.

The ball travels through the air and lands perfectly in the left side of the goal.

I jump up out of my seat, cheering for her.

It was a rocket. That goal could easily be goal of the month.

The match finishes and it's announced that the game will go to penalties.

Paris start first with the pens.

Paris scored their first one, but Kim also scores her penalty.

Paris score their second, so does Katie for us.

Paris score their third, however, Friday's pen was saved.

Luckily, Manu saves Paris' next penalty.

If less misses this and Paris score their next penalty, then we're out of the champions league.

Less hits the ball with power but the keeper gets to it in time and it's saved.

Seeing her walk away with disappointment on her face nearly made me cry. I could I tell how disappointed she was with herself. But she was the reason why the game went to extra time, and she was also the reason why the game went to penalties.

We just needed manu to save this goal, which she doesn't.

The Paris player hits it with barely any power but manu dived the other way and the ball goes in.

Arsenal were now out of the champions league.

————————

On the way to the hotel, less didn't say a word to me, or to anyone.

I felt so bad for her. The hate she was already getting online was terrible.

Once we get into our hotel room, she just starts crying. I go and quickly envelop her in a hug as she buries her head in my neck, continuing to cry.

"Ssh, baby, it's okay. You played so well today, lessi. If it wasn't for you, the match wouldn't have gone to extra time or penalties. Them two goals were incredible. That last one was a rocket. Don't get yourself down over a penalty." I continuously kiss her head to try calm her.

"I'm so sorry, liv. It means that you don't get to play in the champions league now." Less stutters as she tries to speak through the tears.

"Oh, baby. Don't say sorry. Please don't say sorry. It's not your fault." I tell her. "Let's get you ready for bed. Do you want to watch a movie tonight, or just cuddles?"

"Just cuddles." Less whispers and I kiss her head

"Okay, baby. You get ready whilst I put the girls to bed."

Once Lottie and Maisie were asleep and me and less were ready for bed, we laid down and less rests her head on my chest.

"I know I say this after every match you play because you always make me proud, but today I'm extra proud of you. You put your all into today's match, less. And yes the penalties didn't go our way, but everything happens for a reason. You were a key player for Arsenal today, baby, and you showed them just what they got out of your signing. I'm so so proud." I whisper in her ear before kissing her head.