~ one hundred and twenty nine ~

Olivia's pov

"Baby, are you okay?" I feel a hand land on my back and Alessia crouch down next to me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just need a minute." I tell her and she stays with me before helping me get up.

I walk towards the girls, who were crowded round.

Kim has been subbed off and so I had no idea who was taking it.

Beth had the ball in her hand and approached me with it before giving it to me and giving a firm nod.

I take the ball in my hand and gave it to less.

"Lessi, this is your time to show them. I promised you that you'd get your goal. I have faith in you. Even if you don't score it, I'll be so proud of you for stepping up and having a go." I tell her and she gives me a smile. "God, I love that smile. Go and show them that you're Alessia Russo."

Less steps forward and puts the ball in the penalty spot.

"Why aren't you taking it, kiddo?" Steph asks me

"She's still not over that penalty against Paris. This is her chance to. I have full faith in her." I explain and less begins to run forward.

She hits the ball with so much power into the bottom left corner.

Everyone runs to her and I stay behind so I can have a moment just us two.

"Thank you, livvy."

"Don't say thank you, less. I knew you could do it. I'm so proud. So so proud. And I'll make sure you know that later on." I whisper the last bit in her ear and watch a light smirk appear on her face and her cheeks turn red.

Just before we start to get into our positions, it was announced that both me and less were coming off.

I was coming off for Cloe and less was coming off for Stina.

We both walk off, high fiving cloe and Stina before sitting down in our seats.

The announcement of the official attendance was announced and it broke a record. There was 59,042 people that had come to watch us.

The final whistle blows and as it does, Freed from desire starts playing around the stadium and all I could hear was my chant. Leah also approaches from the tunnel with two car seats in her hand.

She comes up to us and hugs us, congratulating us on our goals and explains how both girls were a bit cranky and Carol told her to bring them down to us.

Me and less pick Maisie and Lottie's car seats up and walk with Leah towards the rest of the girls.

We shake hands with all the Chelsea players, me making sure that I see Niamh last.

"Can you hold Maisie for a second, baby?" I ask less and hand her Maisie's car seat.

"Of course, what for?" Less asks, confused.

I take my coat off and then my shirt, leaving me in my sports bra.

"What were you saying before the match, Charles?"

"Fine, give it here." Niamh says and I hand her my shirt. "I'm not wearing it now though. I think Emma would kill me if she saw me wearing this."

"Good game, King Charles." I stick out my hand and she shakes it.

"Good game, Captain Olivia."

We both laugh before hugging each other.

"I still think you should let them wear the Chelsea shirts."

"Maybe one day when they go to watch their auntie Niamhy play a game that's not against us." I say and a smile appears on her face.

"I'd like that. Well done today, liv. Well done, less."

"You too, Niamh. It was a hard match today." Less says and also hugs Niamh before she walks away.

"You played so well, my love." Less tells me and puts one hand in my waist and the other brushing against my toned stomach. She leans in and we connect our lips.

"I know you both want to show each other how proud you are, but at least save it until you get home." Leah says and we roll our eyes at her. "Now put your coat on and give me a piggy back, player of the match."

"I got player of the match?" I ask her

"You certainly did, livvy. Your first player of the match for Arsenal. Now where's my piggy back?"

"Come on then." I put my coat on and she jumps on my back.

We have our team talk and then everyone sticks together to do a lap of the pitch.

Freed from desire was still singing and so everyone was dancing and singing to the song whilst doing the lap.

Me and less had picked up Lottie and Maisie from their car seat because they both started crying.

I was then called away to do an interview and so Manu took Lottie from me.

Manu recently announced to the team that her and her wife were expecting a baby and she wanted as much practice as she could get before their baby arrives.

————————

"Well, Olivia, how do you begin to summarise a performance like that against a team like Chelsea at a packed out emirates?"

"I don't think Sundays get much better than that. It's been a great day. I think we started the match really well. We knew we wanted to come out, start positively and the crowd really came out from minute one and yeah, we worked hard during the week and we were ready for it." I respond

"Did it feel like a must win game before you went out?"

"I think every game is a must win game for us. We had a tough start to the season but we know where we want to go as a team and the league is so competitive that you can't take one game off, especially against a team like chelsea and yeah, it was a massive game and we knew we had to be at our A game." I explain

"Olivia, you are the Barclays player of the match, congratulations on a fantastic afternoon." She announces and hands me the trophy.

"Thank you. Cheers."