~ twenty five ~

Olivia's pov

"Look at what Laura's just sent me." I show less my phone which was a picture of Lola cuddled into her bed.

"Aww. I miss her."

"Me too, baby. It won't be long until we see her."

————————

Before the match I had gotten the medics to strap up my knee. It hasn't been the same since the injury from the Tottenham match but I was still okay to play. I just felt more confident with it when it was strapped up.

————————

"Just Go out there and be you. You're all here for a reason. Millie, Jess, Demi and Lucy, you just be brick walls, okay? You know what to do." I joke before continuing. "Lauren, Georgia, you try make as many runs as you can. Birthday girl, and Ella, drop back if you need to, but also attack if needed. Ellen, yeah, shoot. I think that's all I have to say." I laugh. "And Hannah, you just be the amazing goalkeeper you are. Everyone has been incredible in training this week, we're gonna go out and smash them, okay?" I finish my captain speech and everyone nods in agreement at my last sentence.

————————

Walking out onto the pitch, I make sure to give less a quick kiss on the cheek.

The match begins and already in the first two minutes, you can tell it's going to be a very one sided match.

After lots of failed shots, Hempo crosses the ball into the box and after a failed shot from Ellen, the ball lands at me and goes in.

I run to a free space and dance, mainly just shaking my shoulders, as everyone starts to high five me.

In the 12', I make a run down the right side of the box and I cross it in to Ellen, but before Ellen can get to it, the balls already chipped the goalkeeper and gone in.

It was supposed to be a cross but instead became a goal.

I wasn't expected it go in as I wanted it to be a cross but I look at Lucy and asked if it went in, just to double check.

"It sure did, kid. Awesome shot." Lucy ruffles my hair but doesn't do anything to it as I've got a hell of a lot of hairspray in it.

"It was supposed to be a cross." I admit and she laughs.

The next 12 minutes were full of shots that don't go in, until the 24' when ella shot from outside the box and it goes in the bottom left corner.

In the 41', we get a corner and Ellen headers it into the goal.

Just six minutes later, I pass to Georgia who gets it into the goal.

I run up and hug G and she hugs back.

————————

The second half continues and not even two minutes in, Lauren crosses it to me and I shoot, falling over in the meantime.

I look up and see that the ball had reached the back of the net.

Ella comes over and helps me up before patting my back.

6 minutes later, Lauren takes a shot but it hits the post and lands on my foot and goes in.

Just after we kick off again, Georgia makes it 8-0 from a cross from me.

Two changes were made in the 60'. Ellen was off for Nikita and Georgia was out for Jill.

The next ten minutes went by with no more goals, lots of shots, but no goals.

I was struggling with my knee now and it was noticeable too.

I'm the 70', a Macedonian player tackled me and my knee went in a really awkward angle.

I fell to the floor in pain, clutching my knee.

I knew it wasn't serious but I knew I'd be out for a week or two.

The medics came over and assessed my knee.

They told me that I couldn't keep playing the match and helped me walk off the pitch. I was limping on it as I couldn't fully put pressure on it, it hurt too much.

Three changes were made in the end, one being unexpected due to my injury.

Katie was being subbed on for Keira. Lucy was coming off for Rachel. And due to my injury, unexpectedly, less was told she was going on.

"Are you okay, baby?" She asks me as I hobbled off the pitch.

"I'll be fine, my love. You go kick their asses, okay? Can you give the captain armband to Millie please?" I kiss her cheek before making my way to the bench.

Ella scored two more goals between then and the final whistle making it 10-0 in the end.

————————

"Well Done today, guys. We all played excellent and I think to celebrate, we should all sing happy birthday to Keira." I suggest as Keira goes red with embarrassment.

Everyone sings happy birthday to her and at the end she lifts up her head and smiles.

"What a game to celebrate your birthday on, huh?" I ask, giggling

————————

I get told by the medics that I can't play the match against Ireland, which upsets me a bit but at least I can go and watch.