~ ninety nine ~

Olivia's pov

England had won the World Cup.

They had won for the very first time.

I walk onto the field, both Maisie and lottie in my arms.

The first person I walk up to is less. She was standing there, tears rolling down her face.

"You did it, baby. You won the World Cup." I kiss her cheek and she takes Maisie from me.

"We did it, baby. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't have won." She says and wraps her arm around me, pulling me in for a hug.

"If it wasn't for your quick thinking and your dribbling for that final goal, we wouldn't have won. I am so proud of you."

We both lean in and connect our lips. It was such a gentle kiss. Out of pure happiness and pride for one another.

"I still can't believe you, kid! You made us win the World Cup!" Lucy comes and pulls me in for another hug. Similar to most players, she had tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I didn't win you the World Cup. You won the World Cup. I just sat and watched."

"Are you fucking kidding me right now, liv? You just sat and watched? What was that talk you did over there then? That was just sitting and watching? That talk made us win. You said to shoot at the bottom left and that's what I did and it went in. All because of your thinking. You don't give yourself enough credit, kid. Everyone's always said that. I used to hear Ellen say it all the time. You need to give yourself credit, doesn't she?" By this time, most of the squad had gathered round. Some still celebrating. Everyone agrees with Lucy and she looks at me with a motherly look in her eyes.

"Fine, fine. Maybe I did give you the nudge you needed to win it." I admit

"You didn't give us just a nudge." Chloe points out

"You gave us a tactic in which we needed to win the game. To win the World Cup, baby. Now, please, see through our eyes and see how grateful we are." Less adds

"Alright. I helped. That's all I'm saying because I don't agree with what you're all saying. Enough about that now. Go celebrate. You've just won the World Cup! You're European champions and world champions!"

"We are. Not just us. You too." Less says

————————

Luca and Gio were in the front row in the crowd and so they took Lottie and Maisie from me and less whilst we celebrated.

We all celebrate some more before going over to check some of the Spanish players.

Some were lying on the floor, crying, some of them were just staring into the sky.

Although I wasn't a player, and technically didn't have to shake hands with them or check on them. I couldn't just watch them cry and not do anything about it.

Alexia Putellas was crouched down, crying.

She is one of the best in the world, and for a long time, I looked up to her as a role model.

I was nervous to go up and talk to her.

I coach down, resting one hand on her arm.

She lifts her head up and I send a sympathetic smile to her.

"I'm so sorry, Alexia."

"You deserve it. You are an amazing player. You've been such a key player, Olivia, even if you haven't been playing. Whatever you said to them before extra time worked. You can achieve great things. You are the future of football, Olivia. Not women's football, not men's football, but just football." Alexia tells me, her Spanish accent thick but still understandable.

"Thank you, alexia." I tell her and she hugs me.

We pull away from the hug and go our separate ways.

"Lessi!" I squeal, excitedly as I jump on her back.

"Hi, baby." She giggles at my excitement

"Guess what?"

"You just spoke to alexia Putellas?" She guesses

"Yes. How'd you know?" I ask

"Because it's just been shown in the screen. People are gonna go crazy due to that. Two of the world's greatest footballers talking." Less says

"How about if we make it so two of the world's greatest footballers kiss?" I smirk at her

"Liv, you'd be cheating on me if you kiss alexia." Less states, offended at my statement.

"I don't mean alexia, baby. I mean you. I would only kiss you. I've only ever kissed you." I tell her and a smile returns to her face. A slight red pigment appearing in her cheeks due to the slight embarrassment she felt. "You're cute, do you know that?"

"My wife's told me that a couple of times."

"Well she'll keep telling you that until the day she dies." I smile and watch less turn even more red. "I'm so lucky to have you."

"I'm so lucky to have you too, my love. So, so lucky." Less whispers against my lips and she makes the final movement to connect them.

She then grabs the back of my thighs and lifts me up so I wrap my legs around her waist.

"Get a room!" G shouts

"I swear that's all you say nowadays." I tell her

"That's because you two can't go a second without each other's touch. What are you two, sixteen?" G jokes