~ Three ~

Olivia's pov

The ten days after the match against Leicester city went by so quickly.

We played a match against Chelsea that we ended up losing, but we don't talk of that.

However, me and less were both nervous at the minute as the Manchester derby was today.

We always made sure that we always spent loads of time together before and after the match.

I hated playing against less but that was the downside of playing for opposite teams.

We were currently driving to Leigh sports Village as that's where the match was being played.

We were listening to country music as it was Lessi's turn to pick.

Less wanted to drive this morning so she was driving and had her left hand on my thigh, squeezing it often.

She knew I was nervous to play against her. Normally, she is nervous too but it didn't seem like she was today.

————————

We arrive and got out of the car. I take her hand in mine as we walk towards the player's entrance. Normally I would be going with my team in the coach but there was no point when less was coming here too.

Despite how many reporters were around, when we entered the building we turned to each other and kissed.

"Good luck." I whisper

"Good luck to you too, baby. Love you."

"Love you too, Lessi."

We then turned and went our separate ways.

————————

"How you doing, kid? Proposed to her yet?" Ellen teases me, referring to the past conversation on the coach. I just shake my head at her and walk over to where my kit was set up. "Seriously though, kid, how you doing? I know this match is never easy for you."

"I'm alright thanks, el. I'll just be glad when the final whistle blows." I say

"I bet you will."

————————

We go out to warm up on the pitch and I look over to where Manchester United are warming up.

Successfully finding less, I lock eyes with her and we just smile at each other.

"Stop flirting with less, kid." Lucy teases me

"I'm not flirting with her, I'm just smiling at her." I defend myself

————————

Once we had gone back in the changing rooms and changed, we have a quick small meeting to reveal tactics and the starting eleven. I wasn't starting but Gareth said he would sub me on later.

We head out to the tunnel, waiting to go to the bench but we had to wait before hand.

I look to my right and see less standing there. She had a subs bib on so she clearly wasn't starting either.

"Hi, my love." I say

"Hey, baby." She returns a smile

"I'm gonna score for you when I go on."

"Okay livvy, thank you."

We were then told to go to our benches and so I grab less' hand.

"I love you less, and whatever happens on the pitch, stays in the pitch."

"I love you too, liv." We both lean in and share a passionate kiss before It's interrupted by Ella.

"Get a room, will you?" Ells laughs as she walks by.

Me and less start laughing and go separate ways to our teams bench.

————————

The game kicks off and in the 2', Vicky Losada manages to bag a goal for us.

An equaliser is scored though in the 30' by Fuso.

By half time, it was still 1-1.

Gareth told me, during half time, that I would be on as soon as the second half kicks off so I got all ready to play.

In the 46' I came on for Hayley Raso. When she walked off, I hugged her slightly before running onto the pitch and high fiving some of my teammates.

A change for Manchester United was announced in 52' and I looked over to see that #23 was coming on.

This was the worst part of the game.

Me and less were both strikers meaning that we didn't actually meet very often on the pitch except for corners.

————————

The second half seemed to go very quickly. Nothing much happened until the 82' when Ona Batlle scored.

I was still determined to score though. Yes, even if I did score, we wouldn't win, but we would still get a point.

There was 8 minutes extra time and in the fourth minute, we got a corner.

Hempo took the corner and it landed directly at my head so I headed as hard as I could into the back of the net.

I run straight to hempo and jump on her back. As we get up, I make eye contact with Less and smile. She winks back. It was a signal to say she was proud, we always did it. Wether it being a situation like this, or even when we play for England and one of us are on the bench.

————————

The final whistle blows and we all shake hands.

Less runs straight to me and kisses me.

"I always hate that match." I laugh slightly

"Me too, but it's over now. That header was stunning, baby." Less compliments

"I know, I'm buzzing because of it." I reply

"I bet you are. I'll meet you outside in the car once your ready, okay?"

"Okay. See you there. Love you." I walk away to talk to some of my teammates and sign stuff for fans.