~ one hundred and forty one ~

Olivia's pov

A few days after the match against Manchester City, Sarina had announced that England will be playing international friendlies against Austria and Italy.

The squad announcement was due to come out tomorrow so we'd be getting a call from Sarina today.

Both me and less had been on top form so I knew we were going to be in it.

----------------

"Good morning, Liv. Do you have time to speak?" Sarina asks as I pick up the phone.

"Hi Sarina, I do have time to talk. I'm just at home sitting with a sleeping Maisie in my arms so I can't do anything even if I wanted to." I explain and we both laugh.

"Aw, I can't wait to see them again. As captain, I just wanted to talk to you about the upcoming fixtures and the squad." Sarina says and I hum in response. "Of course Leah has made her return back from her injury and has played amazing in the two games and so I'm putting her in the squad. Millie still hasn't recovered, so I'm thinking Maya. Do you have any other suggestions?"

"Do you have Grace Clinton on your list? I think she's been incredible the past few weeks. She would definitely be an asset to the squad. And the same for Khiara. I mean, you were also there at the Arsenal vs City game. I only managed to get one past her. She was amazing." I tell her

"They're both on my list. I'm glad you brought them up because I wanted your opinion on them and now I know. Anyway, Liv, I'll email you more information on the squad and the fixtures. If you want, you can tell Alessia now that she's in the squad. I assume she's right next to you, am I right?" Sarina asks and I laugh as she is right.

"Hi, Sarina." Less says once I've put the phone on speaker

"Hi Alessia. That's everything I wanted to talk to you about. I'll speak to you soon, Liv. Have a good day."

"You too, Sarina."

----------------

The squad consisted of:

Mary Earps, Hannah Hampton, Khiara Keating

Lucy Bronze, Jess Carter, Niamh Charles, Ales Greenwood, Maya Le Tissier, Esme Morgan, Leah Williamson, Lotte Wubben-Moy

Grace Clinton, Fran Kirby, Georgia Stanway, Ella Toone, Kiera Walsh

Rachel Daly, Lauren Hemp, Lauren James, Chloe Kelly, Beth Mead, Alessia Russo, Olivia Russo (c)