~ one hundred and eight ~

Olivia's pov

Over the past couple of days, I received my OBE.

We travelled to Windsor castle and Prince William granted me my OBE.

I was also cleared to play matches again. I nearly cried when they said I could.

When we got home after that appointment, I just burst into tears as less hugged me.

I had been waiting for that moment for months now.

It had been over a year since I last played a match.

Jonas then pulled me out of training and said that I was part of the squad for the match against man united.

I was so happy about that, not only because I'd be making my debut for arsenal, but also because I wanted to be there for less.

It was going to be a tough game for lessi. She was going to have to play against Ella and all her ex teammates.

It was going to be a hard match for me too. I mean, with Mary, Ella, Millie and some others being less' best friends whilst at united, they had also become close friends of mine too, but I'd gotten used to playing against them when it came to Manchester derbies.

We had asked Laura to look after Maisie and Lottie during the match and she agreed straight away, not even letting me finish asking her. I secured her tickets in the family and friend's box so she was grateful.

————————

The coach to the stadium was nerve wracking to say the least.

I was possibly making my debut for a brand new club.

It was so nice to finally wear a proper arsenal kit. One that I'd possibly be playing in. I loved the new away kits as well so I was extra happy that we'd playing in that kit.

We were now in the changing rooms, getting ready to go out.

I was sat in my cubby, looking down at my feet.

"Baby?" Less says as she sits down next to me and rests a hand on my thigh. "You're going to smash it out there tonight when you go on. I know you will."

"Thank you, lessi." I say, looking up at her. "What if I mess up though. What if I miss a goal that should have been so easy?"

"Oh, baby." Less chuckles. "You've been out from football for over a year. A year and three months. They all know that too so they won't mind if you do. But you won't, your Olivia Russo. You gonna go out there and show them that. Liv, have I ever told you how grateful I am that you carried them? I mean, you took a year off from what you love to have Lottie and Maisie. I'm so thankful that you did. I just want to make sure you know."

"I took a year off from what I love to do something I've dreamed about since I was a little girl. I wanted nothing more than to have a family with you, less. You don't have to say thank you for me doing that." I tell her and pause. "Have I ever told you how sexy you look in that kit? Especially with your hair in a bun. You look so fucking sexy."

"So do you, baby. Especially with that name on the back of your shirt." Less whispers in my ear

"You're still not over the fact that your name is on the back of my shirt. It's been a year and a half now. My name is Olivia Russo. And it will always be that so you best get used to it." I chuckle

"I'll never be over it. It just looks so sexy on you. Olivia Russo. Fuck. It sounds so sexy." Less whispers against my lips before connecting them both. "I love you so much."

"I should have known this would be the case with you two." An Irish accent is heard.

"We're not that bad." I deny

"Oh, you are." Lotte states

Just then Kim came in and said that we all had to either go to the tunnel or the subs bench.

Me and less stand up, giving each other a quick hug and kiss.

"Less?" I ask before she walks away

"Yeah, baby?"

"Just promise me one thing. I know it's gonna be hard, but don't listen to them. The united fans. Promise me, okay?" I ask. During warm ups, every time she touched the ball, they booed her.

"I promise, livvy." She smiles at me before turning away. I was put at ease with that because I knew that smile was genuine.

I made my way onto the pitch and sat on a seat on the bench.

The teams walk out and after fist bumping each other, the match begins.

After just 14', stina scores the opening goal.

Less had won the ball in midfield, passing to Steph who played it down the wing to Stina. She then ran more central before putting the ball in the bottom right corner.

Just after that, Jonas suggested I go and start to warm up along the sideline.

The cheer I got from all the arsenal fans when I got up was incredible.

They also started singing my chant that I had heard was made.

It was from the song 'freed from desire' and they were singing, 'livvy's on fire, your defence is terrified.'
(A/N: I know this is Beth's chant but just imagine Beth has another one.)

Whilst I was talking to lotte and Katie when warming up, there was a loud cheer.

We all looked up and saw that a united player had made a long passes down the wing.

Sabrina had gone out to kick it away but missed the kick, leaving an empty goal for united to score in.

Leah Galton then made a quick run and kicked it into the goal.

The first half ended 1-1.

In the first twenty minutes, there were a few shots from both teams, mainly Manchester United though.

In the 59', three changes were made:

Katie McCabe on for Laia Codina
Frida Maanum on for Victoria Pelova
Caitlin Foord on for Stina Blackstenius

Jonas told me that he would have had me on now, but because I was limited to the amount of minute I could play, I would have to with until the late eighties to be subbed on.

After just two minutes of playing, with no surprise, Katie receives a yellow card.

Me and less both knew she was violent before joining arsenal. Mainly due to us both being injured because of her tackles when we played against arsenal.

In the 81', Manchester United score again making it 2-1.

Just a minute later, Lotte was subbed on for Jen.

After a couple more minutes, in the 86', Jonas told me that I was going on for Kim little.