~ one hundred and thirty seven ~

Olivia's pov

Today we were playing Liverpool away.

We had all travelled up to Liverpool this morning and were now warming up on the pitch.

Me and less were passing to each other whilst talking about the game and pretty much anything and everything.

Once we had all made our way back to the changing rooms.

The lineups were confirmed with Jonas, and he had put us in a 4,1,3,2 formation.

The back four was, Katie, Lotte, Amanda and Emily. You then had Vic, Viv, Beth and Caitlin. And Me and lessi upfront.

We both said goodbye to Lottie and Maisie, kissing their heads, before making our way to the tunnel.

————————

The game began and it was us who had most of the possession, however, we couldn't find space for a goal.

We had chances but the Liverpool defence weren't letting them in.

Most of the chances resulted in corners thanks to deflections but even then, we weren't getting the goals like we should have done.

At half time, the score was still 0-0. Jonas gave us a talk and explained some strategies that could help us get them goals.

We walked back onto the pitch after the break with more confidence.

In the 59, less had gained possession in midfield, passing it to Emily who played it down the pitch to Viv.

Viv carried it towards the goal and shot, chipping the keeper and scoring.

It was such a big goal to Viv because it was her first goal in the WSL being back.

Because of this, she actually celebrated.

We all gathered round, hugging her and congratulating her.

Only minutes later, Emily played the ball up the pitch again.

Lessi made the run to get it and I ran more central to get into a free space.

She then crossed it into the box along the ground, and I tapped it in.

Less immediately opened her arms and I jumped into them.

I kissed her head before she put me down and everyone came to celebrate.

That match ended 2-0 and with the three points, we became the first team to reach 500 points in the WSL.

We did our team talk before doing a lap around the stadium.

I saw a girl about six years old holding a sign asking for my shirt.

There were loads of signs asking for either my boots or my shirt but this little girl looked so happy and she had a big smile on her face.

I quickly took my shirt off and ran to her, giving her my shirt and taking a picture with her.

————————

"Come sing a song with me." Jen says as she grabs her guitar.

We were just about to leave the stadium but Jen had got her guitar out.

"Jen, I can't sing for my life." I complain

"We're not going to get another chance to sing with each other. Please."

Jen had announced to us that she was leaving Arsenal to go to the NWSL to play for Bay FC in San Francisco.

"Fine. But expect it to be bad. What song?" I sigh and take a seat next to her.

After a while of discussing which song, we agreed on 'breakaway' by Kelly Clarkson.

"You're videoing it, really?"

"Of course I am. I've heard you sing before. You're not that bad." Jen tells me

We end up singing half of the song, Jen playing the guitar as I sang.

Once we stop, the whole team claps and tells us how good that was.

"Baby, that was really good. Like really good. How come I never knew you could sing? I mean, when you sing in the car it never sounds like that. You normally sound awful." Less laughs

"Well thanks, lessi." I roll my eyes at her comment at the end.

"Can I please post it, liv. They'll love it." Jen asks

"Come on, liv. Jens right." Beth says and everyone agrees

"Fine." I state with a huff and pack all my stuff away.

————————

It turns out, they were all right.

Within just an hour, there was thousand of comments complimenting me and Jen on our talent.

On the coach to the hotel, we also did the TikTok trend where you sang the line 'I think I like this little life.'

Again, Jen forced me into doing it but I made lessi do it with me.

We had to start raspy and then finish the rest of the line gently.

I thought we did okay, but Lottie thought otherwise because she started to whinge and get restless as we finished.

————————

When we got to the hotel, we put the girls to sleep before going to bed ourselves.

"You're so beautiful." I tell less as I look into her eyes.

"So are you, baby. So so pretty." Less flicks her eyes to look at my lips before planting her eyes back on mine.

Less plants her lips on mine, her hands going down to my hips, keeping me in place as she travels her mouth down to my neck.

"No. Less, as much as I'd like to, we can't do this now. We've got two babies in the room and Katie and Caitlin are in the room right next to us." I say and I push less away, leaving a pout on her lips.

"Can you sing to me then?" Less asks and I nod, making a smile appears on her face.

She rests her head on my chest and I quietly begin to sing, my hand stroking her hair as I did.

Before long, small snores filled the room and I looked down to see a sleeping lessi dead to the world.

I press a gently kiss to her head before closing my own eyes.