~ ninety one ~

Olivia's pov

The following day after the match, we all flew back to base camp in Sunshine Coast.

In the round of 16, we were playing Nigeria in Brisbane.

Once we arrived back at camp, Sarina told the team it was a chill day and that there was no training, or no set stuff to do.

Me and less decided to walk into town with Maisie and Lottie.

The town centre wasn't massive but it had a few nice cafes and a beautiful walk to get there.

We were going so we could get some fresh air and some time away from the team.

Most times when we were at international camp, me and less couldn't really have anytime just us two because there would always be at least one other person around.

We had gotten used to it by now, but when we've got our own family now, we want to spend time just the four of us. And it was hard having that time alone when we were all in one 'house.'

————————

The following day, the girls got back to training.

After about half an hour of sitting inside with Lottie and Maisie, I decided to take them out to the pitch to watch the team train.

"Hi, baby. That was good timing, I was just about to come check on you." Less says as I walk onto the pitch. All the girls were crowded around having a short water break.

"That was good timing. I thought I'd bring them out so we can watch you all train." I tell less and rest a hand on her back.

I had put Lottie and Maisie's car seats on the floor and now the whole team were crowded around them just watching them both sleep.

Before long, Sarina had told everyone that it time to get back to training and so I sat down on the sidelines with Lottie and Maisie next to me and watched them train.

"Liv, go put a bib on." Sarina tells me

"What? Why?" I ask, confused at the sudden command.

"You can join in if you want. I know you're allowed to do a little bit of training. And I know you don't have boots on but you're just as good with trainers on. I'll look after the girls for you. I know it's hard watching them so go and join in. Just don't over do it." Sarina smiles at me

"Are you sure you're okay looking after them?" I question

"100%. Go join." Sarina says

I throw on a bib and jog to all the girls.

"Liv, what are you doing on the pitch?" G asks as I start doing keepie uppies with a ball.

"Sarina said I could come train." I smile at them all. Although it wasn't a big thing to some, it was to me and they all knew that.

"Im so happy for you, my love." Less tells me and kisses my cheek.

We all started doing some passing drills before all of the strikers were pulled away to do some shooting against the goalkeepers.

We did some shooting from all around the box and I got all of my shots in.

About half way through the shooting drills, Maisie starts crying. Sarina had picked her up and tried to stop her but she wouldn't stop.

"Do you want me to go calm her down, baby?" Less offers

"No it's okay, lessi. You continue training." I say

"Okay. I'm so proud of you, liv." Less puts both her hands on my waist and pulls me in to her and kisses my lips.

I walk over to Sarina, Maisie and Lottie.

"I'm so sorry, liv. She won't stop crying for me." Sarina explains

"No, don't say sorry. Thank you so much for looking after them." I smile at her gratefully as I take Maisie from her.

"You're incredible, Olivia. It's like you haven't been off. You've gone a year without playing football and you come back to training and you're just as good as before. It's incredible." Sarina says

"Thank you." I grin as the realisation kicks in. I just realised that I've down my first training session. That means that soon I'll be playing matches again.

————————

"Liv, did you see yourself today? You were amazing." Ella says

It was just me and Ella sat in the relaxation room.

Everyone had gone to get dinner but Lottie had fallen asleep on El and she didn't want to wake Lottie up so me and her stayed here whilst the rest went.

"I mean, you come back not even three weeks after giving birth and having over a year off, and you play exactly how you played before. How do you do it?"

"I don't know. Twenty years of playing football I guess." I shrug, not really having an answer.

"I'm proud of you, you know. I mean, as one your best friend of ten years, I've watched you achieve so many incredible things, liv. You've played for Manchester City, you've captained the country to win the euros. And now you're here with your little girls. I-I'm just proud and so so impressed." Ella admits

"El, I'm so proud of you too. You've come so far since I met you." I rest my head on her shoulder. "You really are one of the bestest friend. I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You'll never know, liv. I can promise you that."

————————

LivARusso

Liked by alessiarusso99, ellatoone, and 231,930 others

Maisie and auntie Ella ❤️

View all 932 comments