Coming Home

Natasha was finally home. It's been a year since she had left. Everything had become so messy that it was easier to leave town to heal. She left just before Dhawal got married. She had attended most of the functions, but she couldn't watch him get married to someone else.

She decided to finish her MBA, and now that it was done, she was back. She was lucky and got a job with a prestigious company before she even got back into town. As she walked up the Pandya Niwas, she felt relief that she was back home. Back with her family. She took the long route to get to Pandya Niwas, as she didn't want to see the demolished Pandya Store. During Chiku and Esha's wedding, she realized that Sundip had bad attention toward her. So she broke the contract, and when he protested, and tried to blackmail her. She played the recording of him harassing her, and either I go the police and media or break the contract with her returning the loan he had given. Luckily, he hadn't protested, and she returned the loan. And then the day before the wedding everything was completed, and she left town. She walked into Pandya Niwas and surprised everyone. The next thing she knew was that she was in the middle of a group hug. She was home with her loved ones.

She spent the next few hours catching up. It felt nice. Esha had mixed well with the family, and Natasha felt relieved. She had mentioned that she would start her new job in a couple of days, and wanted to relax for the next few days.

The next day, she was happy to wake up in Pandya Niwas. Her Daama made her favorite breakfast. She was loving it. As she was drinking her second cup of tea, the Makwana's (except Amba and Amrish) had walked into Pandya Niwas, shocking Natasha to the core. She quickly got up and said, "Good morning," and walked away to her room. She realized that since they were Chiku's inlaws, they would be around. She just had to figure out a way to avoid them. The next thing she knew was that Dhawal had walked into her room.

"Natasha"

"What are you doing here? Get out! You shouldn't be in here. Please leave!" panicked Natasha

"I need to talk to you," said Dhawal

"No! There's nothing to talk about. We're strangers. I don't want to talk to you! Please, I'm already a joke to this community. Don't make it worse for me." said Natasha.

"Natasha, please," cried Dhawal

"Please go. I don't want to be blamed again. Your wife and mother will leave no stone to cast me as the evil one." pleaded Natasha.

"Natasha, Dhawal didn't get married." Hetal Bhabi interjected from the door.

Natasha looked up and saw that Hetal, Pranali, Dolly, and Esha were standing at the door.

Natasha rubbed her forehead. "Let's not do this now, not now, not today."

They all nodded and walked away. Dhawal looked at her for a few more minutes before he walked away, too.

Natasha took a deep breath and got up to join everyone. She smiled as she walked back into the room.

"Hi, long time no see," she waved at everyone.

Golu came running into her arms and said, "I missed you so much. You forgot me!"

"Golu, love. I missed you so much! I thought of you every day. I could never forget you. You're my first baby!" wiping his tears.

"Really." cried Golu.

"Yes. My only baby."

Everyone smiled at the interaction between Golu and Natasha.

"How about while everyone is visiting your Bhua, how about you and I go eat some samosas.

Would you like that. Or shall we get some ice cream?"