Cause and Effect Part 2

The next day, Hetal and Golu were packed to leave for her brother's place to stay until Dhawal made arrangements for the new place.  Everyone watched her leave with Golu.

Just as they were leaving, Hetal spat out, "Wow!  Natasha!  I hope you are happy.  You've kicked me out of my home!"

"Bhabi!" yelled Dhawal.  Natasha held Dhawal's arm to stop him from saying anything else.

"Wait one moment, Hetal Bhabi."  Natasha ordered.

Hetal stopped giving Natasha an annoyed look.

"Bhabi, are you the only one that has suffered loss?  Everyone in this room has suffered a loss, and nobody has been blaming anyone.   If you want to burn in the fires of revenge, only you will suffer.   Look at Ma. She lost her husband and son.  Your brother in laws lost their father and brother.  Their support.  Same with your sister in laws.   Pranali Bhabi has lost her mother. You had lost your father and then your husband.  Do you know how many times I've lost."

"Is there a point to this."

"Yes, there is.  Do you know if I was burning in the fires of revenge, I would have destroyed everything in my path.  Do you know I was only 2 months old when I was kidnapped by none other than Chiku's birth mother.   For 7 years, I lived with that woman.  I was working as an actress.  I was made to work 16 to 17 hours a day, going from one shoot to another.  I was starved, fed diet pills, and beaten if I complained.  I was also fed sugar pills when I was too tired to work.  Within that time, my kidneys failed due to her care.  She brought me back to Somnath, trying to exchange me for Pandya Store.  It didn't work.  Dhara Ma gave me her kidney.  The family forgave.  Then came the earthquake, and I lost 4 sets of parents.  My parents, my aunts and uncles.   In Somnath bank, they died trying to save our father in law.  It had only been a few months since I was returned to my family.  I finally had a family.  Grandmother, parents, brothers.  I lost it in minutes.  Then I grew up.  I married Dhawal.  I found why he married me.  Amrish Bhai wanted Pandya Store.  Then Golu got kidnapped.  If I were a person who wanted revenge, I would have left him there surrounded by live wires, with all that electricity.  And don't even try to blame that on me, you see, I knew Esha had kidnapped him because she had admitted to me.  She wanted Amrish Bhai to know how it feels to be away from your family just as she was."  Natasha had vented out, shocking everyone with her words.

"Natasha" interjected Dhawal

"I'm not done yet, Dhawal.  So where was I.  Yes, I was raised to treasure family relationships." said Natasha

Hetal scoffed at her words, "If you did, you wouldn't have killed my husband."  

"I didn't kill your husband!" yelled Natasha.

Natasha took a  breath.  "What did your husband do, stole my hertiage, and returned it demolished.  And destroyed my world.  My relationship with my family took a beating.  I was blamed for it.  My relationship with Dhawal was broken.   Then, Sundeep came into my guised as a builder for Pandya Store, then he tried to rape me and then kill me, all under the noses of both families.  Then Dhawal had his accident, and I was blackmailed back to Makwana house.  Amrish Bhai had all of Sundeep's wrongdoings, and he could have sent them to the police, but he didn't.  He used it to buy Sundeep's company and blackmail me." stated Natasha, making Hetal uncomfortable.

"Then Dhawal leaves, Chiku steals Makana property, I forgive Dhawal, we steal the property back to give to the Makwana family.  Dhawal and I get married, I am blackmailed yet again, I lose Chiku, I get pregnant, and we lose Amrish Bhai." stated Natasha.

"Now, did anyone ever ask me what happened that day?  How did Amrish Bhai slipped?  Or why was Shalini Dave there, when supposedly her foot was fractured and she was on bed rest?  Or how did she get there when she should have been at her home?"  asked Natasha, hoping someone would answer.