The Repentance

'That irrating girl must have run off to Mumbai.  She is only 6 years old.  The driver will bring back when she realizes that she is not able to go to Mumbai. She will come back with her tail under her legs.  Then she will get that stupid idea out of her head' thought Dhawal, as he thinks of his daughter, who had just run away.

The peon knocked on his door and gave him the mail.

Dhawal had just received a package, labeled 'Confidential and Private', as he opened it, he saw there was a phone, USB, and pictures in the envelope.   Confused, he quickly put the USB into his laptop.  

"Dhawal Makwana, it's been a long time.  I hope you remember me.  Shaline Dave.  I know everyone thought I had disappeared.  Which I did.  When I fell off that cliff, your brother unknowingly saved my life, but I had survived the fall, whereas your brother had ended up sacrifricing his life.   I am dying, and I need to tell the truth.  I want to do one good deed before my death.  You see, I have never cared what others thought of me.  I wanted something, I went after it.  You see, I was to marry Amrish, your brother, before Hetal.   I got a call from my boss, and I left the wedding functions and went to work.   I figured we would get married when I came back, but Amrish had married Hetal by then.   I left and went back to work.  I got promotions,  more offers, and then finally, I became an MLA.   But I had no one to share it with.  Then I saw Amrish again, and I wanted him.  And I didn't care who I destroyed to get him.   He warned me away, threatened me, and pushed me away.  I didn't care.   All I cared about was that I wanted him back.  Hetal was no threat.  She was so blah.  I still don't know what he saw in her.   I was trying to find ways to get close to him, but no luck, especially after the Pageant was over.   I even helped Chiku to get the property, thinking that Amrish would turn towards me for help,  but no, he was helped by you.  You took him home with you.  Then, you got married to Natasha, and her Daama had a stroke, and I took her to the hospital, I thought to try through her.  But no luck there.  She didn't even want to hear anything bad about you or the Makwana family.   But I got lucky, your mother came to me.  She asked me to break you and Natasha up.  I agreed.   I knew that your mother would pave the way to Amrish.   And it worked.  I offered you a job and you took it.  I kept you busy, and your mother was happy, but Amrish was not.  He came to me, asking me to relieve you of your duties.  I refused.  I was happy Amrish was coming to me.  Then those goons came into Makwana house, and Natasha called you for help.  I came with you to Makwana house.  I faked an injury and got my manager to dress up as a doctor.    I had to stay in Makwana house as I was on bed rest.  It was a perfect time to get close to him, and I would have gotten him.   But he convinced you to send me away.  I was so angry at him for doing that.   Then my luck turned.   Golu came into my room, and I put the idea of going on a jungle safari in him mind.   I paid the guides to take all of you on my directed routes.    When your family found out about your child, I was happy.  They would be busy with that while I pulled Amrish away from all of you.   I then show him pictures, and the video I took the night before, where it looked like Amrish and I had a romantic moment, but the reality was, that he slipped and fell on top of me.   I gave Amrish a half hour before I was to show Hetal the pictures and video.    Amrish tried to distract me, but I had told him to meet me at the cliff.  I fell over when I tried to grab Amrish's arm, but I fell down the cliff.   The next thing I knew was Mithu had slipped, Amrish and Natasha pulled him up, but when they tried to pull me up, Amrish slipped.  Natasha was able to grab him.    You see, he sacrificed himself, so Natasha wouldn't fall over.  I saw the video.   In your grief, you didn't see the phone that had fallen to the side and recorded everything.   Your brother pulled off his watch and sacrificed himself.  And in doing so, he saved my life as I was still clinging to the cliff near the water.  When the crocodiles attacked him, I was able to get to safety.   So I do thank him for that.  But a few weeks later, I found out that you had all blamed Natasha.  I was happy.  I lost Amrish because of this family.   No one was happy, then I was happy.   But now, I am dying.  I have cancer.  I only have a few weeks the most.  And I realized that no body will care if I died.  I didn't treat anyone well, and now nobody cares.  So I want to have a clear concious when I meet my maker.   Hopefully, you can forgive me.  The only thing I can do to help you is tell where your daughter and Natasha are.  They are in Mumbai, as you know, but what you didn't know is Natasha is getting married.  She's not mentally stable right now, but Siddart hopes that maybe the marriage will bring back her senses.  She goes by the name Bittu.  And your daughter is living with her, both unknown to the fact that they are, in fact, mother and daughter."  Shalini had confessed as the screen went black.   He couldn't believe what he heard.   He quickly looked through the pictures and saw they were Amrish in his youth with a young Shalini.   Then he saw the phone and turned it on.  No lock.  He checked the gallery and saw the video that Shalini had mentioned.    He had watched the video and saw the truth of what happened that day.   He picked everything and rushed out.