Broken Truths

Natasha finally admitted to Dhawal that she loved him.   She admitted it in front of the Makwana family along with Mithu and Daama.    Dhawal had gotten hurt while chasing a lead in finding out who else was involved with Shalini Dave, who was hellbent in tarnishing Amrish's image.   Chiku had just left town with Esha.  Chiku had given property papers to Natasha.  So Natasha, Mithu, and Daama had come over to Dhawal's place to return the papers to Amrish.   When they arrived, they saw that Dhawal was injured, which shocked Natasha, who got angry at Dhawal.

And in her anger, the truth came out. 

"Damn it!  Why can't you be careful!  You are not invincible!   What if something happened to you?"  yelled Natasha while everyone was looking between the two.

"Why do you care?  So what if something happened?"  yelled Dhawal

"Of course I care.  I love you damn it!  You're my Dhawal!"  Natasha fell to knees crying.  Mithu started to go towards her when Daama held Mithu's arm and stopped him.

Dhawal held her in his arms.  "Finally!  I love you, my Maddy!   Finally, my wait is over."  Hugging her again.

"I will never accept her as my daughter in law!"  yelled Amba

"Maa, when did you accept me as your daughter in law?  You have never accepted me.   Amrish  Bhai, you had said that I asked for a heavy price for Dhawal's return.   But Amrish Bhai, 15 years ago, my family paid a heavy price, yet we never once said anything.  You got Dhawal married to me, deceiving me and my family.  And yes, when I found out, I still didn't say a word about what had happened 15 years ago because the past stays in the past.  Its history.  We should concentrate on our present and our future.  You stole and destroyed Pandya Store, fine.  Guess what, in return, Chiku stole Makwana Group.  But I was the one to ask for the heavy price.   Amrish Bhai, do you even know who sacrificed their lives to try to save your father's."  asked Natasha

Amrish was quiet.  

"15 years ago,  I lost my family.  We lost our parents.  We were just children.  Chiku was only eight, and during the earthquake, we had lost him too.   I was only 7, Sheesh was 6, and Mithu was 5.   Our parents were our world.  I finally found my family.  Our world was destroyed in minutes.  Daama lost her children, her support, her strength.  Her world."  Dhawal tightened his arms around Natasha.

Amba paled at the implications.  The Pandya's were the ones who lost their lives in trying to save her husband.

"Both families have lost on both sides, one more than the others, but that doesn't mean that every time we see each other, that Maa and you, Amrish Bhai, keep on taunting me.  I've always kept my mouth shut.  Daama always taught me to respect my elders, but don't accept what's wrong.  And I kept my mouth shut a lot.  Maa has called me deceiver, but then what did the Makwana family do with me?  Did I call you and your family deceivers.   Yes, I did call my husband that.  My husband, who is my everything, I should be able to tell him anything.   He should know how hurt and angry I am.  Because at the end of the day it is, we will work together to solve the problem, however big or small.   So I call him a deceiver.  Because he didn't tell me the truth about our marriage. If he had told me the truth about why he was marrying, it would have been different.    I went through the marriage with a clear heart.   But then he did not.  Those vows we took, I meant them.  I still mean them.  Even though we weren't together.  I meant them."  Natasha took the papers out of her bag.  Patted Dhawal to get him to let her out of his arms.  She walked up to Amrish Bhai , and she handed the papers in his hands.

"You know, Amrish Bhai, you gave back a demolished Pandya Store in return for my divorce.  If I was anything like you, I would ask for my family.   The funny thing is when I got married to Dhawal, the one thing I was most happy about was family.  I was getting my full family back after losing them 15 years ago.  Daama, Mithu, let's go, " said Natasha