Reunion - part 2

The next day, Natasha was kept busy first with the Haldi, and then with the Mendhi.  She tried to skip the functions, and Amba was the one to object, which surprised Natasha.   She was in the kitchen with Hetal as Pranali and Dolly were getting things ready for the Haldi.  She didn't want to do the haldi and mendhi, so she tried to convince Hetal Bhabi not to do it.   

"Natasha, these are mandantory.  They are part of the wedding.  How can we not do them?"  said Hetal Bhabi

"But Bhabi, it doesn't seem right.  Haldi and Mendhi are happy occasions of the wedding, but you know the situation in which we are getting married.   With Esha Bhabi, this isn't right."  said Natasha

"And Esha would want all the functions to be included.  She would have been the happiest at Dhawal's and your wedding.  We are doing all the functions that Esha would have wanted at your wedding."  said Amba as she walked in the kitchen.

Natasha looked shocked at Amba's words. She had to pinch herself, but that wasn't Amba Makwana.  She looked like Amba Makwana, but that wasn't her.   

"Natasha, go get ready.  Haldi will be done shortly."  Amba ordered Natasha and left the kitchen to make sure everything was ready.  "Bhabi, are we sure that is Ma, maybe a twin or body snatchers have taken over her  body?"  Natasha whispered to Hetal Bhabi.

"Sssh.  That's Maji."  said Hetal, smacking Natasha's arm.  "Now go get ready.  The function will start soon.  And don't worry about Pari.  We will all be here for her."  said Hetal Bhabi

Soon, all the functions were done, and all that was left was the wedding.  Natasha was hiding away from everyone, sitting on the swing on the rooftop.  She didn't have to worry about Pari, as her hands had mendhi on them, so Mithu decided that he would watch her, until Natasha's hands were washed after a few hours.  Natasha was looking at her hands covered in mendhi.  Dhawal's name was hidden in the design.  Everyone seemed happy, but she wasn't sure about them.  They were happy about the marriage.   She knew that Dhawal was happy as he has been asking her months ago, but she had figured that since they haven't seen each other in months that he had forgotten about her, but yesterday, cleared those doubts.   But what of Amrish and Amba?  Did they really accept it, or was this a new trick to get Pari and then kick me out? Natasha thought.

Soon, Natasha's peace was disturbed when the Dhawal, Chirag, and the Bhabi's came looking for her.    She tried to wipe her eyes with her shoulders, but they saw and were concerned.

"Natasha, what's wrong?"  Dhawal said, panicking.

"Nothing, just thinking.  What's going on?" asked Natasha.

"Natasha, you are remembering the past, aren't you?"  asked Hetal Bhabi

"Bhabi, I am remembering a lot of things, my parents, my aunts and uncles.  My Daama.  Chiku and Esha.   Our previous marriage.  Everything, "  said Natasha.

"Natasha, I am sorry.  I can't change what happened in regards to our first joining.  As I said, I don't even want to disrespect marriage to say it was a wedding.  Those vows that were taken, they were broken.  As I had disrespected our union.   I didn't love you at that time.  I didn't know you.  Amrish Bhai had asked, and I blindly listened.  But now it's different.  We will be married properly.  With all the bindings and vows.  I had promised to keep you happy and I would do that.  I will do anything to make sure you are happy."  said Dhawal

"Natasha, I know we can't replace your family.  You will always have them watching over you.   And Mithu and Sheesh, do you think they would ever leave you?  With your brothers, and now with us, Dhawal and the rest of the family.  We will never let you go.  You are part of our family.   Do you know how much we missed you these past months."  Pranali Bhabi cried, giving her a hug, followed by Hetal and Dolly.