A New Life

Natasha was enjoying her best friend's Dolly's wedding. Dolly was getting married into a well to do family, the Makwana family. She was having fun eating food, dancing, and teasing Dolly. What she didn't know was that Amba was interested in having Natasha as her youngest daughter in law. Amba called her youngest son, Dhawal, over to point her out and ask him about his opinion. What Amba didn't know was that Dhawal and Natasha had gone to college together, and he had always liked her, but she wasn't interested in love. She was known to say that she would always have an arranged marriage, as she trusted her family's judgment. Dhawal agreed right away.

Amb then decided to talk to Dolly's parents to find out more about Natasha. Amba found out that Natasha was raised by her grandmother. She had two brothers, one older who was married and a younger. She had gotten her MBA and was looking for a job. Her brother was working as an accountant, and her younger brother was still studying.

Amba asked Dolly's parents to talk to Natasha's grandmother. Since Natasha's grandmother was also at the wedding, Dolly's mother went to fetch her, so Amba could talk to her.

When Natasha's grandmother arrived with Dolly's mother, she noticed that Dolly's father and another lady were in the room, and she was confused.

"I'm sorry. You must be confused. My name is Amba Makwana. My son, Chirag, is getting married to Dolly. I saw your granddaughter, Natasha. I thought she would be perfect for my son, Dhawal. I know you don't know much about us, I would love it if you could give me a chance. My family runs Makwana Group of companies. I have 4 sons, Amrish, Bhavin, Chirag, and Dhawal. Amrish and Bhavin are married. Hetal, my eldest daughter in law, takes care of us and our home. Pranali, my second daughter in law, is a doctor. She has her own clinic. Dr. Pranali Makwana." said Amba

Suman, Natasha's grandmother, recognized Pranali's name, as she had treated Suman a few times. "I have met your daughter in law. She is very sweet." said Suman

"And now Chirag is getting married to Dolly. I would also like Natasha to be my youngest daughter in law. I don't have any daughters, but God has provided me with the most sweetest daughters in the form of my daughter in laws." Amba said.

Suman nodded.

"We all live together in a joint family. Amrish, my eldest, run the Makwana Group. Bhavin, Chirag, and Dhawal all run companies within the Group. They're independent, but we are all together as a family." said Amba

"If I agree, I will still need Natasha's agreement. When were you planning the wedding to be." asked Suman

"If I can get the wedding together with Chirag and Dolly, I would be grateful. I have a lot of family that have come to town. It would be hard for them to come back. We can delay the wedding for a week, if you want. Please speak to Natasha and your grandsons." said Amba

"If this is a yes, then we don't have a problem. I will need to speak to my grandchildren." said Suman. "When we get home, I will talk to them, and I can call you, I won't want to rush the decision, but I think if we talk about it amongst ourselves, then Natasha can make the decision shortly." said Suman.

The next day, Suman brought the subject with all her grandchildren, including her daughter in law. Luckily, her grandson, Yash, knew of the Makwana Group and said, "Daama, the Makwana Family is a very good family. Very family oriented. Natasha would be very lucky to be married into that family."

Natasha had a lot of thinking to do. She spoke with Dolly to get her opinion, which, of course, was for the marriage. Finally, she asked Daama, "Daama, I want to speak to Dhawal, first before making my decision. So Suman called Amba to see if Dhawal and Natasha could meet before she made her decision. Later that after, Amba, along with Amrish, Hetal, and Dhawal, came to Pandya Niwas. It was decided that Dhawal would take Natasha to a coffee shop to talk, while the Makwana waited with the Pandya.