Part 13

Ni Chang glanced at the clock on the wall and sat back in the booth.

    Ten minutes to eleven.

    She turned the jade bracelet on her wrist uneasily, and silently reminded herself: no matter what the other party said in a while, she would deal with it calmly.

    Not timid, not hasty, not chaotic.

    Wait until there is room for change, and then try your best to delay it...

    As she was lost in thought, a hand with clear joints appeared in her field of vision, gently placing a cup of coffee in front of her.

    Ni Chang raised her head in confusion: "I didn't point -"

    After seeing the person in front of her clearly, she was stunned immediately, and there was a bang in her head.

    The man sat opposite her, and he still looked the same as in her memory - his face that played in the world seemed to be more eye-catching, with long, narrow and deep black eyes, which made him frivolous and seductive with a casual flirtation.

    Seeing that the girl was still looking at him blankly, Yan Chi raised his eyebrows and said, "What, you don't know me anymore?"

    - in his usual casual tone, teasing and flirtatious.

    Ni Chang's heart suddenly skipped a beat, and the heartbeat became even more violent.

    Her fingertips dug into the palm of her hand unconsciously, and when she spoke, her voice didn't sound like her own: "You, why are you here?"

    "Something's wrong."

   The man casually crossed his long legs and asked her again, "You What?"

    Ni Chang didn't answer immediately.

    She picked up the coffee cup and sipped it lightly, avoiding the man's gaze unnaturally.

    Yan Chi was not in a hurry, and his eyes fell on her hand.

    It seems that she has specially dressed up today.

    The slender white fingers dyed cinnamon red rest on the rim of the bone china cup, like a delicate and fragile work of art.

    The lips were also painted with bright red, the color was not strong, but the hair became darker and the skin became whiter, bright and dignified.

    It can also be seen that she is here to challenge the negotiation. Whether it is the satin beaded brooch on the neckline or the pearl earrings on the earlobes, they are trying to add aura.

    Ni Chang put down the coffee cup and whispered: "I'm here to meet someone."

    The man slowly said "oh", and the protracted ending was ambiguous and playful.

    "Turns out I'm busy on a date."

    He raised his eyelids and looked at her, half-smiling: "No wonder you had to call me."

    Ni Chang: "..."

    Ni Chang's lips moved feebly.

   Know whether to deny the date or talk about the phone call.

    Looking up and meeting the man's carefree eyes, Ni Chang's mind changed -
this is a hotel.

    He came here for "something", maybe it was just a date.

    Some of the embarrassing memories from before came back again: the coquettish and crying woman in the man's room; and the hot girl flirting with him at the door of the room...