Part 54

As soon as Ni Chang and Yan Chi got off the car at the alley, they received a call from the hospital.

    The two immediately took a taxi to the hospital.

    Ni Chang couldn't seem to remember what happened next.

    She seemed like an outsider, watching the doctors and police come and go.

    It was as if someone had put a glass cover on her head.

    All sounds from the outside world became less clear, but her head was buzzing more and more.

    The relevant investigations and procedures, as well as Chen Chi's funeral affairs, were all handled by Yan Chi.

    After going to Nanshan Mausoleum, Ni Chang had some reaction.

   She chose the spot facing away from her mother’s tombstone.

    Let them stand with their backs to each other, very close but no longer seeing each other.

    She thought that this should be an arrangement that they would all be satisfied with...

    By the time all the things were done and they returned to the old house again, it was already the next night.

    Yan Chi went to the hospital again, and when he came back, he was carrying a black travel bag.

    He put his handbag in front of Ni Chang.

    "Said it was left for you."

    Ni Chang looked at the travel bag and suddenly remembered Chen Chi sitting on the hospital bed, struggling to drag it out from under the bed...

    She closed her eyelids and reached out to unzip the bag.

    There was a lot less inside than she thought.

     There were no clothes or daily necessities, and a brown paper envelope was placed on top.

    Ni Chang opened it and saw a pile of money.

    There are everything from pink hundred-yuan bills to dozens of yuan bills, old and new, bundled into a pile.

    She suddenly remembered that when she was a child, her parents often quarreled over money.

    In fact, their family is not short of money to spend, after all, even in lean years, craftsmen cannot starve to death.

   Her mother would make cheongsam according to customer orders from her great-grandfather, and the old man would help them secretly from time to time.

    Every time her mother took money from her great-grandfather, Chen Chi would be very unhappy.

   However, after his band disbanded, he could not find other jobs for long.

  When faced with his wife's aggressive questioning - "Then you take it home." "Money", "It's okay if you don't live well, but not in your youth!", he had no confidence to refute.

    Ni Chang still remembers one time, probably when she was six or seven years old.

   Chen Chi was drunk and kept crying while holding her, saying, "Don't look down on your father in this young year. Dad only knows how to make music, but in the future, he will definitely make money."

   Give her a lot of money...

    Ni Chang blinked to stop the memory and put the envelope containing the money aside.

    Except for this envelope, basically there are only CDs and tapes left in the bag.

    Ni Chang casually picked up a tape and came out.