Part 55

Ni Chang stared blankly at the man half-kneeling in front of her, speechless.

    After a while, her slightly opened lips murmured several times.

    "Why are you now...?"

    Her voice was trembling, and her words were unclear.

    But Yan Chi understood.

    His eyes flashed deeply: "I can't wait."

    "I can't wait."

    After he confirmed that the person he wanted to spend the rest of his life with is her, he can't wait to start the rest of his life as soon as possible.

    Ni Chang pursed her lips and shook her head vaguely.

    No, no, she didn't think he proposed too quickly.

    She didn't feel fast.

    But, why tonight?

    ——After witnessing the misfortune and unhappiness of their family, and after seeing all the unbrightness and unlovability of her.

    He proposed to her...

    Ni Chang blinked her sore eyes and said in a muffled nasal voice: "Are you really... willing to marry me?"

    Yan Chi was startled for a moment and smiled.

    "Of course."

    He looked at her intensely, his dark eyes deeper than the sea.

    "My pleasure."

    Ni Chang's eyelashes trembled.

    There was moisture spreading in her eyes, and a smile spread on her lips.

    She slowly extended her left hand to the man.

    "It's also my honor."

    Such a response made the man stunned for a moment.

    The smile in his dark eyes was full and overflowing until his whole face was shining - this is the brilliance that comes when he wins a championship.

    He took out the ring and put it on Ni Chang's ring finger, then lowered his head and pressed an ecstatic and pious kiss on the back of her hand.

    After the man stood up, the kiss continued on her lips.

    After a brief taste, he pressed her into his arms.

    Rather than kissing, moments like this are more suitable for hugging each other closely.

    ——The rib that was removed from his body was finally melted back into his bone and blood.

    The girl's head was pressed tightly against his chest, and warm moisture spread on her clothes.

    Yan Chi's lips curled up, and he reached out to touch the back of Ni Chang's head: "Why are you crying again and regretting it?"

    "There's no point regretting it."

   His teasing voice was indulgent and doting, "I will always be your master. I'm here."

    Ni Chang's ring-wearing hand softly hit the man's back.

    To be honest, she had never cried so much before.

    She rarely cried before, not because she was strong, but because she knew no one would feel sorry for her if she cried.