Part 15

The hour hand pointed slowly at one o'clock in the afternoon, and the wall clock on the wall chimed the hour with a low buzz.

    There were more and more people in the booth, and the rich aroma of coffee spread to all directions along with the sound of conversation, creating a harmonious movement with the tinkling piano music in the background.

    Ni Chang was sitting alone, holding her cell phone, motionless as if in a trance.

    Her head was still buzzing like a wall clock, and her heartbeat was even more chaotic than the piano playing.

    Unlocking her phone and clicking on the profile picture in the racing suit again, she took a deep breath and opened the dialog box.

    [You are the developer]

    Delete.

    【Why didn't you tell】

    Delete.

    [You already knew it was wrong]

    Delete...

    The delicate fingertips pressed the delete key tightly, and the only thing left in the dialog box was the cursor flashing and extinguishing.

    Ni Chang stared at the blank screen, her thick eyelashes drooping little by little.

    She exited WeChat and clicked on yesterday's text message.    

  [At 11:00, there will be no waiting  at Chengzhou Hall .】

    Yesterday, he hung up on her...

    Why was he so cold yesterday, and why was he so cold when they met today...

    Could this be some kind of "negotiation tactic" of theirs? !

    When did he find out?

    Definitely earlier than her.

    When she called and sent a message yesterday, did he know who she was?

    It wouldn't have happened when they were on the plateau -

    Ni Chang's heart skipped a beat, a chill creeping up her back little by little, and small bumps appeared on her arms wrapped in the long sleeves of her cheongsam.

    Those coincidental and unforgettable moments of adventure, those subtle touches and emotions that carried her heartbeat, seemed to have suddenly changed beyond recognition, and even had terrifying intentions...

   The phone suddenly vibrated, and Ni Chang's heart tightened subconsciously.

    Her heartbeat slowed slightly when she saw the number on the screen.

    "Hello."

    Her throat was tight and her voice was a bit harsh when she spoke.

    "Hey - Miss Li, hello!"

    - It's the person who called her before. He just went to see grandma...

    Ni Chang pursed her lips and asked cautiously: "Excuse me, are you now Are you here?"

    "Ah, yes! I'll be there soon!"

    Ni Chang held her slightly cold fingertips: "Then today... you and I will meet and talk, right?"

    "Tie it up! "

    Ni Chang breathed a sigh of relief -maybe she was wrong, everything was just a guess...

   As soon as she relaxed her clenched palms, Ni Chang heard the other party continue: "In addition to me, there are also our young master's family. He is coming, he is fully responsible for this department!"